Triangle Softy

I know, right?!?! That's what I'm so confused about! A sweet IG friend shared her code on her Softy with me and her code makes sense - VO1147. And her bag is made in Spain! What's the deal? I have the same number as fitbi, although I need to double check the prefix.

I did call LV this am and they said it was a valid code "because it came from them", but the rep I spoke to couldn't give me a more detailed explanation. Have called my SA and asked him to check into it.
First one I have heard that came from Spain. Mine was from Italy too but I never even looked at the date code.
Let us know what yours says when you look.

Reactions: katarzynadc
Hello everyone! I just got my Triangle Softy yesterday - I was able to snag it on the website and it was delivered to my boutique yesterday afternoon. I'm puzzled by the date code, however, and hope someone that still has one in their possession can help me out. The code is VO (I *think* - I'm not at home at the moment, but that's what I seem to remember. Definitely not VI, possibly VU, but I think I remember VO) and the number is 1447, which doesn't make sense the way I usually read the date code. Any help appreciated.

I don't think there is any help for the zipper wavering, that's just how the bag is constructed. I found that if I unzip the zipper and push down the middle (like hobos do), there is no wavering. I can even zip it up half way for more security and it looks fine if you push down the middle. I think it would have been better to have a double zipper on this bag, but oh well. I also would have liked an additional, larger interior pocket (it already has two small patch pockets). But I do like the bag overall and the strap is very comfortable.
Don't worry. I also bought a bag last month (the Cabas Light in Monogram Eclipse from the Fragment capsule) and the date code doesn't follow the traditional format either. I emailed my SA and he said that they have been getting several items with what seems to be a different date code format.

So here is my troublesome date code, lol. Same as filbi! Talked to my SA and apparently that is the code they did for the Italy bags. So, LV acknowledges that it's their nonstandard code.

Well, 30 years ahead...you cannot stop the progress! ...if you want to keep the bag, no problem...BUT what if you want to sell it after some time? I personally won't buy a bag with such strange date code...did they issue you some validation, certificate or so?

Well, 30 years ahead...you cannot stop the progress! ...if you want to keep the bag, no problem...BUT what if you want to sell it after some time? I personally won't buy a bag with such strange date code...did they issue you some validation, certificate or so?

I totally agree. I have bag ADD, so my collection changes all the time, and I can see that it would be hard to resell a bag with a nonstandard date code. And the bummer is, apparently the ones made in Spain have a regular code. I'm gonna sleep on it, but I am most likely going to return it.

Reactions: AndreaM99
The date code has nothing to do with authenticity. They are only printed for internal purposes (mostly for repairs). Many fake bags have "accurate" looking date codes. Also, Louis Vuitton does not issue any kind of validation or certificate to comfort people who may have questions about the date code.

Reactions: wheng and JacqueOCS
The date code has nothing to do with authenticity. They are only printed for internal purposes (mostly for repairs). Many fake bags have "accurate" looking date codes. Also, Louis Vuitton does not issue any kind of validation or certificate to comfort people who may have questions about the date code.

Well, that is pretty clear to all of us here. But how are you going to explain that to your prospective buyer who has no or little knowlege about that and thinks that the date code is the key tool for verifying authenricity??