tpf ebay?

Some of us have been on PF before there were any subforums, when you could reasonably count the number of members (so no, we haven't been in the same boat). Now PF has tens of thousands of members. I'm wary of people who constantly harp on the MP application, MP this, MP that -- it makes me think their primary reason for being here is to take advantage of this *privilege* (yes, it is not a right, it's a privilege) or to scam people. There have been posters that quite literally copy and paste the same response to multiple threads simply to get their post count high enough to join MP. It's abundently clear who is here for the community, and who is here just waiting to get into MP.

My primary reason for being on PF is I LOVE IT!!! I am not interested nor am I waiting to get into MP because I do not sell my bags nor would I purchase used bags!!!

My primary reason for being on PF is I LOVE IT!!! I am not interested nor am I waiting to get into MP because I do not sell my bags nor would I purchase used bags!!!

Ditto to that! When I joined back in 2006 I was only a "reader", not a "poster". Now I have more time to reply on the threads, taking pictures to join the Club Houses, chatting with tPF sisters, organizing tPF local event... all of these activities make me happy and alive... and I absolutely love it!

Being granted to sell/buy on MP or not, it is not my intention to join tPF. I just hope this tpf ebay won't cause damage to this peaceful community.

Some of us have been on PF before there were any subforums, when you could reasonably count the number of members (so no, we haven't been in the same boat). Now PF has tens of thousands of members. I'm wary of people who constantly harp on the MP application, MP this, MP that -- it makes me think their primary reason for being here is to take advantage of this *privilege* (yes, it is not a right, it's a privilege) or to scam people. There have been posters that quite literally copy and paste the same response to multiple threads simply to get their post count high enough to join MP. It's abundently clear who is here for the community, and who is here just waiting to get into MP.

While I agree with some of the things you've said, I wonder if you would feel the same if you were not a member of the MP. I have seen many people on this very thread who are not MPers, but are definitely here for the community - I'd like to believe that they are also interested in belonging to a very privileged part of the tPF community in addition to the regular forums. Obviously, as you say, some of them might be scammers, but I think that many are valuable contributors to the forum and are simply "victims" of the immense popularity of tPF. It doesn't make them any less suitable for the MP than any of the members already there, they just happen to be trying to join at a time when applications are at an all time high.

Back to topic (I'll leave you alone now, Intlset :P), I wonder how a tPFBay would work - as Vlad has mentioned, there will need to be a lot of community engagement, but how is a universal auction format going to prevent "items not received/not as described" scams or provide a safe[er than eBay] trading environment? I'm sure Vlad and Megs are taking everything into account and sizing up the different options. I'll be really interested to see what is eventually put forward.

And on another note, doesn't this thread violate MP rules? There is a lot of chit chat about the MP environment on here that goes beyond simply mentioning it!

Last edited: