Totes...how and what do you carry in it?

I prefer a tote for my everyday bag.

I carry a wallet, two cosmetic type bags, a cles, my phone and I think that's it. There's room, if I need it, for a cardigan, a bottle of water and a book.

I purchased this tote from Tod's in Woodbury Common Outlet in NY for an awesome price. I carry this to work nowadays. It is quite roomy that my Bal messenger bag fits quite nicely inside with lots of extra room for my breakfast smoothie and small lunch.

Attachments

• Tods Tote Orange.jpg
    Tods Tote Orange.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 358
I love totes and use them as handbags. I have leather pouches in different colors to separate my essential stuff- cords/charges/pens in one, cosmetic/personal items in another and a wallet. I like at least one interior pocket that I can just slip my phone in to so I can grab it easily. Then I always have room left to throw in a cardi, water bottle, tablet, whatever.

I need a tote most days because I leave the house in the a.m. and return late so everything I need for the day is in there. I am in a city so on foot or public trans. I do carry a wristlet or small bag of some kind for errand and coffee runs. I have mostly Coach wristlets but there are many to choose from. My DH doesn't get the concept and always says "a bag in a bag" then looks completely perplexed but I love the capacity of the tote and the freedom of the wristlet. The best of both worlds.

I'm from Egypt,, we actually don't have that obvious difference of terms between tote and satchel,, both are handbags to us.. Most of our modern handbags are shoulder bags with removable cross strap.. My purse is a Paprika "tote" in size but with shoulder strap, In it I a carry my wallet, smartphone, 7 inch tablet, phone and tab chargers, body splash and mini notebook..

I use my totes for shopping. I stuff everything in them instead of carrying multiple bags.
I also use a tote when I need to take an extra pair of shoes (read sneakers or flats), a sweater, extra stuff for DH, or my puppy's toys/snacks.

I usually use a small cross-body bag with my totes for my wallet, phone, keys and such.

..sigh.. I really need a new tote..

Last edited:
I need a tote most days because I leave the house in the a.m. and return late so everything I need for the day is in there. I am in a city so on foot or public trans. I do carry a wristlet or small bag of some kind for errand and coffee runs. I have mostly Coach wristlets but there are many to choose from. My DH doesn't get the concept and always says "a bag in a bag" then looks completely perplexed but I love the capacity of the tote and the freedom of the wristlet. The best of both worlds.
I agree.

I carry totes as handbag. Most of time I only have wallet, phone, keys and sunglasses/scarf/umbrella if weather calls for it lol. I used to carry a half moon woc as wallet inside totes but it just gets too heavy with the chains , so I only do that when I'm traveling and need the tote for airport and small bag for evening.

I use some of my totes for work and some for weekend shopping. I use multiple pouches to hold some of my essentials so that they are more ready to be found inside. But for work I use an additional work bag to hold the heavier and larger stuff. Most totes are spacious but I do not want to overstuff them.

I am eyeing on a Lands end tote or LL Bean Boat and Tote for work as I have been unfabulously carrying my igloo lunch box. I figured i should put it in a neutral tote and carry a cute bag to work.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1413774503.055898.jpg

I absolutely love leather totes! I made this one awhile back and use it for EVERYTHING. I put my regular bag inside of this one, lol. It comes with me everywhere!
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1413774503.055898.jpg