Tori Burch bag quality?

I have a dark brown chocolate leather bag with a gold logo metal & leather strap. I don't use it often, however the leather is divine. The inside is suede. It's very smooshy.

I had a gray flannel TB tote bag that I bought from Nordstrom. It was so cute, but I have to say I felt ripped off paying $175 (the smaller size). It was really poorly made. The handles and corners were some kind of silver PVC (description said patent); the zipper compartment stitching was loose; and part of the inner lining was frayed. I sent it back and got a full refund. I haven't bought anything else since then.

my sister has the black patent matthias, and has used it every day since the bloomingdale's private sale (in mid-march?) and hasn't had a problem. she's a college student and waitress, so she definitely doesn't baby her bag and it looks fantastic. she even commented on how impressed she was with the craftsmanship.

I had the Burch tote in a similar color but vegetable-tanned leather and not glossy. I had asked a friend to buy it for me and was eagerly anticipating its arrival. I have to say I was disappointed and felt ripped off. I believe it was $400-500. The leather was stiff, lining was rough. Stitching was ok though (bag was made in China, if that matters to you). My mom and sister both fell in love with the bag though and they have been sharing it since. It's broken in quite well. However, while I am happy to spend more on a good quality bag, I feel that this is one case where I was paying for brand over craftsmanship.

I have one of the Tory totes in beige nylon/yellow patent trim and a logo clutch in the crinkled navy metallic leather.

I am happy with both bags. I've had the tote for almost a year and it still looks great and this has not been a babied bag... I've put it through airport security and I use it as an overnight bag! The clutch is somewhat clumsy to carry for me, but the quality is great.

No one really wears Tory Burch in Nashville or Saint Louis (unlike Chicago where her designs are evvvveerrrryyyywheerrreee and on everybody!) and I've gotten so many compliments from people who have never heard of Tory Burch.

I have a black TB - it's a patent tote. I've had it about 8 mos now -- it's my 'beater bag' I used it when I am carrying messy items (treats for my dogs, bottles of water, taking the train, stormy day, etc.) I must say it is holding up amazingly well, there's barely a mark on it! I think it was about $380. It's one of the cheapest bags I own and it really is a work horse!