Too Much?

Thats an odd comment to make..... Maybe because I'm partial to LV. I don't think LV is for just show especially if your thinking about lugguge which isn't carry everyday like a bag is. Thats your friends opinion so I won't bash her. I just don't agree.

I buy and collect LV because of its design and style, not because of what others say or might say.

Collect / buy something that you trully like. That way you wont regret spending your money.

I don't know, but that sounds a bit like sour grapes to me. I, for one, loves the quality of nice handbag but don't generally like the logo plastering all over my purse (sorry!), and therefore my love for Epi. I just like my LV purse for my LV purse and don't want to attract attention, positive or negative. Just my take on it.

you should drop her as a friend, immediately!

LMAO! That's what I thought too!..... JK.;)

LV is such a classic and has been since 1854. Especially the luggage. So something to keep in mind is how well it maintains its value. You could buy an item now, use it for 10 years and sell it for as much or more than you paid for it. For me if I'm going to spend more the 1k on a bag, it had better hold its value kwim? LV never goes on sale and it never gets any cheaper.JMO V

I used to never care for LV much and thought it was alittle showy for my taste AND associate it with old lady purse! Boy, I was so wrong!!!Even though mine was the Mono canvas speedy ( which is very common) but I found myself completely fall in love with it after I got it. It really has the pricy feel to it and look good with almost everything. Its almost my everyday bag even though I do have the other brands. IMO I said everyone has their own personalities and styles and should not be because of what the bag you carry. You make the bag if you love it and suits you I said go for it!

One of the reasons I buy LV is that it never goes on sale. That way, I won't have to worry about feeling guilty over spending a ton on something that becomes half off a week later! :lol:

I think the monogram LV is sometimes for "show" since it's a bit flashy to me. That's why I prefer damier or epi. But get what you like and don't let your friend influence your decision.

Hmm. In my experience, there's a few factors.
Envy/jealousy is a big one. I hate when people try to tell others how to spend their money and act like there's a "right" and "wrong" way, and by buying designer bags, that's the "wrong" way. LV is a designer that will continue to be popular..I mean, if it's been around since the 1800's, they must be doing SOMETHING right. I own items from a lot of the lines, including vernis, monogram, multicolore, epi and damier and love them ALL. You can own LV and buy some of the more subdued patterns such as damier or epi..even the vernis sometimes since you tend to see the color before you see the logos. Either way, it's your choice. I have a friend like that..she spends her money on designer makeup and gets massages and does spa days weekly, yet thinks spending money on designer bags is crazy. It's just a trade off..I don't do any of that kind of stuff..my makeup is mostly Maybelline with the exception of my Dior mascara, so by saving in one area, I have more money to spend in another area. One girl who doesn't like me that much (because of a guy, stupidly enough) actually said, "anyone who spends that much money on a bag needs to have their mental synapses checked because they're definitely lagging." Who is she to say something like that?
So with that in mind, spend your money how you want to spend it and don't let other's opinions influence you or make you feel guilty. You only live once!

People are always going to have their opinions.. That's why you need to do what YOU want and forget what everyone else thinks ;) I get opinions on my LV speedy all the time, it feels like everyone has got something to say about it. Sometimes positive sometimes negative. I just close my ears and carry it with pride, because I LOVE it and that's what matters :love:

I my opinion i think L.V is a status is symbol....synomounus (sP) with wealth, luxury and status....same with chanel and i believe (my personal opinion) that if i paid 3000 for a bag and IF I FEEL LIKE FLASHING the world what designer it is then i should feel free to...dont let your "friend"" change your taste or opinion on a "type" a print or design. if ur in love your in love....dont let anyone talk you out of it...

the LV is a classic logo, and has been chic for many years previous to the whole recent pop culture celeb craziness, it will come in and out as a 'trend' but will always be valuable and luxurious. of course i speak as one totally biase, i have had LV cases my whole life as my granny had them and so does my mother, and so to do i now!

greyhoundgal said:
Maybe having something "for show" is your style...it sure is mine. Maybe I am shallow, but I LOVE monogramed things. To me, they are a bit flashier AND if I am going to spend that kind of money on something I want someone to know what it is. That is just me. Having something that is know for luxury and "for show" is part of the drama queen in me, and if other people don't "get it" then poop on them.
Girl get what YOU want! I doubt very seriously that you lack style...don't let her make you doubt your style.

I hear you totally-if Im spending that much on a bag I WANT it to be recognized..but I also live in London, Ontario where a Louis Vuitton is about the only designer that people recognize!!:nuts: