tokidoki fabric?

humm... well you know they probably do contract sewing since most companies don't want to higher part or full time workers since they require benefits and/or more paperwork or something :shrugs: cheap factories...

my mom used to sew pillows for IKEA on the side and tote bags for various companies like Henrys... her friend did clothes for Forever 21 etc (she gave me an extra jacket once :lol:)... so yupp I think that's fairly logical and usually they're scraps or somethings wrong w/ them so they're able to just brush it off so they're not stealing... she used to get some fabric from the pillow sewing company since they finished w/ that type and had leftovers... she'd use it for curtains and such

Hi, I'm the person who sold it on eBay and posted on craftster. I didn't steal the fabric... I'm not sure what to say but I was pretty shocked to read that. I don't work in a Tokidoki factory where I took it either. I didn't buy it out of a back door or any other shady place that anyone might have assumed or chop up a dress (although I have repurposed clothes before to make something for my kids and I love doing that) I'm a mum of two boys and I live in San Diego. I have sewn for myself and them for many years and when I see interesting fabric I buy it, some for myself or some to resell to help finance my fabric obsession. I bought the fabric from a lady in San Diego. I bought all she had (which was not a huge amount) and she was unable to get any more. It was never about not sharing sources as I don't really have one, although that does put me in a difficult position if I'm trying to sell something. We don't have a bunch of money right now and selling some Toki fabric (which I happen to love and wish I could hoard all for myself) helps me pay for my kids to do a sport each.

Hi, I'm the person who sold it on eBay and posted on craftster...
I don't think anyone meant it to offend you, Bethan. I definitely didn't, so I apologize for that. We just were trying to come up with possible scenarios, since we'd never seen it for sale anywhere & we have wild imaginations.

Bethan: This forum doesn't have a purse crafting part, unfortunately. I wonder if it's been brought up with the mods though, a showcase of what people make would be pretty cool.

Toki, thanks for letting me know, I had a quick look and didn't see anything.
-
(how do I format my posts?)
-
DN, I posted above, it never was about hiding a source. There isn't a source. I bought it from someone locally, her name is "Sonya", that's all I know. I really had some weird/rude questions when I posted one of those auctions. One person actually said "I don't want to pay that much, tell me where I can get it cheaper"
:wtf:

Toki, thanks for letting me know, I had a quick look and didn't see anything.
-
(how do I format my posts?)
-
DN, I posted above, it never was about hiding a source. There isn't a source. I bought it from someone locally, her name is "Sonya", that's all I know. I really had some weird/rude questions when I posted one of those auctions. One person actually said "I don't want to pay that much, tell me where I can get it cheaper"
:wtf:

I know I know I'm sorry - I actually didn't see your post before I responded, because I didn't notice that there were three pages to the thread. I apologize.

:wtf: And they expected a response to that?? Wow..

Oh & you can change fonts &stuff if you click 'go advanced' when you're posting something.

Some people have so much charisma!

Perhaps now you can see why I resorted to "I bought it all " sort of answers after the first five or so questions

Thanks for the font help, I was having problems with the software getting rid of line breaks.

ooooh! i want tokidoki fabric too! there's a street here in philly called fabric row, it's all fabric stores, so i'll be visiting there soon. I WANT TOKIDOKI BEDSHEETS!, and bethan, if you made purses out of the tokidoki fabric you could always post them in here! i'd love to see!

btw, i apologize for anything people said in here that may have offended you, we're a friendly bunch, but most of us have pretty vivid imaginations, which is probably part of why we're so obsessed with tokidoki stuff (it's visually stimulating, haha!), i know noone meant any harm, and a lot of us are moms or broke as well, so we feel for you. i wouldn't be surprised if the person who bought the fabric lurks in here now and again, but if you ever do get more, i can assure you, we will all be fighting over your ebay listing.

tokidoki fabric truly is a rare find. congrats on selling it for that much!

Seriously? You people are some of the most covetous and greedy people I have ever met. If anyone should be ashamed, its you lot, jumping to all sorts of nasty conclusions because someone happens to possess something rare that you don't have but wish you did.

stop being such a *****.

haha ouch. I just thought this was an interesting comment.