Tiffany vs. Cartier- why do you favor one over the other?

I love both its so hard to pick one out of the two.
For watches; I have a TCo and 2 cartiers. I don't mind either to be honest but have a very slight tilt towards cartier for their elegant designs.
For Jewellery: i'd have to say I lean towards TCo because there is a store in my city. I love Cartier but I can only go there on international trips, and I'm usually busy sight seeing/spending money on experiences rather than jewellery/watches. I love both Tco and Cartiers designs. I wish I had more money so I could buy one of Cartiers amazing higher end pieces - alas not right now but I will continue saving my sheckles.

An "I" diamond that passes the HCA test will face up extremely white due to its light performance. When you are getting an HCA-passing diamond, IMHO it is a big waste of money to pay for higher than an I, unless you regularly go around showing your diamond grading certificate to people. :smile:

I love both! Lol but i still have to buy a tiffany! I do own a cartier trinity ring though and the Sa was friendly. There was a time though that they were ignoring me. Its a hit and miss in cartier. I think tiffany staff are more accomodating at least in my town

Reviving this thread - I prefer Cartier over Tiffany. I think Cartier looks more classic, ageless and timeless as compared to Tiffany, especially Love, JUC and Panthere (I love those 3 collections so much). Plus I haven't had a good sales experience in Tiffany (outside the US, where the perception is still "super high end brand"). However, I would not buy an engagement ring from either of the two, I think they are highly overpriced and you don't have as much control over the stone (not as much variety). If I had to pick between the two for engagement/wedding rings though, I would pick Tiffany.