Tiffany Soleste Yellow Diamond Ring?

Eva14

O.G.
May 15, 2012
I absolutely adore Tiffany's Soleste diamond ring, with either a white or a yellow diamond. But I think I prefer the yellow diamond. That's the one that really stands out for me.

Thanks to everyone who has posted your pics of Solestes!

I would like to ask a bit of advice re: carat weights and prices, if anyone knows that info.

What would you say is the ideal carat weight for the double-halo Soleste ring? (I can't afford more than a carat, so that would be the highest I could go). Even a carat costs almost 20k, I think?

I do see on Tiffany's website a couple of .70 YD Solestes that cost about 12k, which would be 13k with sales tax. Some people have advised me that I should try to go for somewhere near .70 so as not to go too small.

On the other hand, I have seen pics of half carat Solestes that look very pretty and fairly large, due to the double halo. I may end up going this route to save money.

Also, does fancy intense cost much more than fancy yellow? And does fancy vivid cost way more than both FI and FY?

I tried calling Tiffany customer service, but when I called they didn't have the smaller carat sizes (under one carat) in stock. And they don't list anything below .70 on their website.

It's kind of difficult for me to get to Tiffany's, so I just wondered if anyone has been there recently and knows approximate prices. Are the smaller carat weights available? A couple of people have told me that they are indeed in stock now.

Tiffany customer service told me that each Tiffany store will probably only have a couple of the YD Solestes in ANY carat weight. I'll be going to the San Francisco store, so hopefully they will have a bigger selection.

If I do ask Tiffany to special order a ring from another store so that I can try it on before buying it, am I then obligated to purchase it? I hope not, because how can we know how a ring looks without trying it on?

Over the years at Tiffany, I've bought a handful of beautiful diamond earrings, pendants, and a Victoria bracelet. This will be my first ring, though, and I think that rings are the trickiest type of jewelry to purchase.

As far as ring sizing goes, is it best to buy a slightly larger ring, just in case I might gain a little bit of weight in the future? I've read that sizing beads are a good idea.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Eva

It's really worth it to find a way to go into the store in person. They'll ask you for your budget and rough spec desires and then sift through the company wide inventory (via their computer) and let you know options and request the rings that sound interesting to be mailed to your local store. Usually they'll bring in anywhere from two to four rings for you to look at per visit. Then you just wait until they're all there (3-7 business days depending on where they are being shipped from) and go back to the store to view them together. You can then buy one, all (haha), or none, or request more be brought in to look at it. I've done it a few times with no problems. Good luck!

I absolutely adore Tiffany's Soleste diamond ring, with either a white or a yellow diamond. But I think I prefer the yellow diamond. That's the one that really stands out for me.

Thanks to everyone who has posted your pics of Solestes!

I would like to ask a bit of advice re: carat weights and prices, if anyone knows that info.

What would you say is the ideal carat weight for the double-halo Soleste ring? (I can't afford more than a carat, so that would be the highest I could go). Even a carat costs almost 20k, I think?

I do see on Tiffany's website a couple of .70 YD Solestes that cost about 12k, which would be 13k with sales tax. Some people have advised me that I should try to go for somewhere near .70 so as not to go too small.

On the other hand, I have seen pics of half carat Solestes that look very pretty and fairly large, due to the double halo. I may end up going this route to save money.

Also, does fancy intense cost much more than fancy yellow? And does fancy vivid cost way more than both FI and FY?

I tried calling Tiffany customer service, but when I called they didn't have the smaller carat sizes (under one carat) in stock. And they don't list anything below .70 on their website.

It's kind of difficult for me to get to Tiffany's, so I just wondered if anyone has been there recently and knows approximate prices. Are the smaller carat weights available? A couple of people have told me that they are indeed in stock now.

Tiffany customer service told me that each Tiffany store will probably only have a couple of the YD Solestes in ANY carat weight. I'll be going to the San Francisco store, so hopefully they will have a bigger selection.

If I do ask Tiffany to special order a ring from another store so that I can try it on before buying it, am I then obligated to purchase it? I hope not, because how can we know how a ring looks without trying it on?

Over the years at Tiffany, I've bought a handful of beautiful diamond earrings, pendants, and a Victoria bracelet. This will be my first ring, though, and I think that rings are the trickiest type of jewelry to purchase.

As far as ring sizing goes, is it best to buy a slightly larger ring, just in case I might gain a little bit of weight in the future? I've read that sizing beads are a good idea.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Eva

The ideal size is different for everyone and really depends on your budget and size of finger.

FI is more expensive than FY and FV is more than FI.

I think it's best to know what you want in terms of color and clarity and ask the SA to find you the biggest diamond within your budget.

I think the .70 is the smallest I would go but you can get so much more diamond if you go non-Tiffany route.