Tiffany Soleste or Cartier Love?

Hi! I would stay with designer jewelry only, and of the two you listed, I'd get the Soleste.

The Love is a pain to take on and off and you will find it very cumbersome to do "baby stuff" with a bangle around your wrist all day. It's not something you can pop on and pop off. Plus, the Love to me is not "classy", but more a fun piece that say Cartier. The Love is not really a work of art, it's just a bangle.

The Soleste is a classy, gorgeous ring. The craftsmanship is amazing. I love Tiffany too. The Soleaste will also go great with your engagement ring. You may also want to take a look at a "celebration" ring. I like the Aria eternity band or the Victoria eternity band. They are nice to wear on the right hand.

Congrats on the new baby!

The issue with the ring is you might not be able to wear it at first, to not scratch your new addition's face but I say that because a couple of women I used to tutor for, they said they wished they saved the ring for a different mile stone so they could have worn their rings nonstop

Thanks for your reply! Yes, I was also thinking this... I haven't worn my e ring since giving birth cz I don't want to hurt the baby or the ring hehe ... I guess if I get the ring I would only really start wearing it once I return to work which will be at least 6 months from now...

I vote for the Love bracelet. I think it would be really special to have your baby's name engraved. I just got my 2nd YG love bracelet for Mother's Day. I don't plan on taking them off :smile:

Congratulations! That sounds lovely! If I get the Love, I would def want to get a second YG Love if I have another baby.

Do you own studs? That's what I would get if you don't have them already.

I don't own any diamond studs. From reading the forum, I think you are quite an expert in diamond selection... Where would you suggest I get the studs from? What do you think of bluenile or whiteflash? I have never bought any jewellery online so feel a bit weary but the quality and prices seem better than the actual stores here (I'm in Australia) even compared to local brands Cerrone, Canturi, Hardy Bros..

I'd get nice diamond studs.

If you like bracelets, then get the Love. Otherwise the studs would be great too.

Diamond studs xx

Studs. I'd normally say bracelet but you want to never take it off. The baby won't pull at the studs and they're classics that you'll wear always.

Thanks for all your responses. I know this is very subjective but what size studs do you think is appropriate for everyday wear?

I say go for the non-branded diamonds. You will get more value for your money. Yes the LOVE bracelet is popular now, but it may not be a lasting fad. With diamonds, if you don't like the setting, you can always change it. I tore up a tennis bracelet a few years ago to make an eternity band (an idea I shared w/someone on another thread who ended up doing it as well) and it's been great having it reset as a ring.

Plus, if you get earrings, necklace and bracelet, that is a lot of value and style flexibility.

Yes, I will def get more carats for the $ spent!! I know a lot of ladies on this forum have the Love...Do you think it is a fad or classic? To be honest, I did not know about the Love until I ventured into this forum...the pics are so enabling hehe

Hi! I would stay with designer jewelry only, and of the two you listed, I'd get the Soleste.

The Love is a pain to take on and off and you will find it very cumbersome to do "baby stuff" with a bangle around your wrist all day. It's not something you can pop on and pop off. Plus, the Love to me is not "classy", but more a fun piece that say Cartier. The Love is not really a work of art, it's just a bangle.

The Soleste is a classy, gorgeous ring. The craftsmanship is amazing. I love Tiffany too. The Soleaste will also go great with your engagement ring. You may also want to take a look at a "celebration" ring. I like the Aria eternity band or the Victoria eternity band. They are nice to wear on the right hand.

Congrats on the new baby!

Thanks Willeyi! Yes, one thing that does concern me about the Love is that it's hard to take it off and if you do it often it can ruin the bracelet... I always take off all my jewellery every day. I can't even have small earrings in my ears as it bothers me at night so not sure if I can handle the bangle on my wrist 24/7 esp with the baby and I do a lot of computer work. It's interesting that you say the Love is more of a fun piece... Do you think it's not really a classic piece of jewellery?

I tried the Soleste ring a while ago and it is so beautiful! And very well made.. I may have got this as an e ring if it was available when I got engaged haha..

Thanks Willeyi! Yes, one thing that does concern me about the Love is that it's hard to take it off and if you do it often it can ruin the bracelet... I always take off all my jewellery every day. I can't even have small earrings in my ears as it bothers me at night so not sure if I can handle the bangle on my wrist 24/7 esp with the baby and I do a lot of computer work. It's interesting that you say the Love is more of a fun piece... Do you think it's not really a classic piece of jewellery?

I tried the Soleste ring a while ago and it is so beautiful! And very well made.. I may have got this as an e ring if it was available when I got engaged haha..

Hi! The Love has been around for ages and is a classic but it is nothing more than a bangle. Cartier has done a great job with the Love image and I think it appeals to younger women. It's great with jeans and casual but too casual to dress up. I know it's a Cartier and some people feel for the money, they can dress it up. But honestly, it's a bangle and nothing more.

I am like you that I take off everything every night, even my studs. I also type a lot. If that is also the case for you, my opinion is the Love will annoy you.

I would get anything except the Love. Studs are nice. I have Hearts On Fire studs, 2ct total. I actually each diamond from the loose collection and had it mounted so each one has a GIA certificate and it etched with the serial if that is something you like to do. I think 1ct total is nice too. You can wear both everyday.

I wear my studs a lot. On size, I have had 3/4ct, 1ct, and 2ct. To me, the best size for my ear is 2ct as I like a simple bold look for diamonds (I have the classic Tiffany 6-prong engagement ring). Any bigger and it covered my ear too much and did not look attractive. I also loved my 1ct total as well. The 3/4 ct I felt was never right as psychologically, it was quite as "1ct". I know, totally shallow, but that is my honest opinion and if numbers matter to you, it's something to think about which is why I am sharing this with you. In hindsight, I should have just spent a little more to get that magically "1ct" stud. :smile:

Another idea is a Mikimoto pearl necklace. I am a major fan of Mikimoto pearls, and pearls are so versatile. The same strand can be casual or dressy. I wear my pearls all the time. You can get pearls studs too... Pearls next to your face makes a face glow.

I prefer jewelry that will stand the test of time, especially if I am going to pay a lot for them.

Hope this was helpful.

Yes, I will def get more carats for the $ spent!! I know a lot of ladies on this forum have the Love...Do you think it is a fad or classic? To be honest, I did not know about the Love until I ventured into this forum...the pics are so enabling hehe

A hard question to answer well. You will likely get positive responses from people here who have them. Plus, they are pretty and everything, they just might not stay the course.

Personally, I think the LOVE is completely overpriced for what it is and after reading about SurferGirlJen's loss due to faulty screws, I'd be scared to buy one of the new ones.

I like things that can be transformed later if I want to change them, though. You'l have to figure out what your needs are!

Like others said I would start with diamond studs. Mine are 1 ct and looks great from beach to party. A part from my watch (I can't leave without), earrings were the only jewellery I could consistently wear while handling my three children when they were babies....

Thanks for all your responses. I know this is very subjective but what size studs do you think is appropriate for everyday wear?

Personally, I like a tiny stud. I wear very good quality diamonds, set in platinum, 0.20cts in each ear. I have small ears/lobes and a larger diamond stud earring looks ridiculous on me. Although I do love a larger stud on other people. My sister in law for example, suits a larger diamond stud earring. She wears a 1 carat diamond stud in each ear. I wear my earrings for all occasions, in fact I only remove my earrings for cleaning. My sister in law wears her diamond stud earrings for all occasions also. I would consider a size diamond stud that suits you personally. Sorry for the long winded post, I hope it makes sense? xx

Last edited:
Since you already have engagement ring, I wouldn't vote for soleste. I think the Love or studs is a great classic piece to wear daily and for all occasions. I work on computer at least 8 hrs a day and have kids as well, it does not bother me to function. As for studs, I think sz 1ctw-2ctw are good sz have good size present but again it depends on your personal taste.