Tiffany sola/soleste

wow gorgeous rings!

the yellow diamond is stunning...but I think it looks slightly too big? I would go with either of the halos

Enjoy your time choosing and the experience :smile: Can't wait to see your choice!

I prefer the white soleste & the solitaire. The yellow does look stunning.. but if you're thinking down the road.. are you able to upgrade with a soleste as you can with the solitaire?

Which one is calling out your name & gives you flutters whenever you see it?

If you guys are a "stand out" type of couple, I think the yellow is the obvious choice! If you wear a band with it there will be no mistaking it for a cocktail ring. Be yourself, not what someone else's idea of what a bride should be. Wear the ring that gives you the biggest smile! The yellow is stunning, how could you ever regret it?!

I think my boyfriends pictures are persuading me to like the yellow. But when I saw the picture posted of the larger white soleste I just about fell on the floor! I would love to have a yellow diamond pendant or something like that, but maybe not my engagement ring. Although, my boyfriend says that it stands out and so do we and he believes the ring is perfect for us! I would love it no matter what. I do feel like the solitaire is a bit plain for me.

I love the swing band, but that may not work with the soleste, in which case I'd get the novo band. I can always start a stack with the swing as my rhr instead of one similar to an engagement ring.

Ultimately it has to be a ring you love, but I do think it's nice if both and your man love your ring. I picked mine out, but I did take my boyfriends opinion and taste into consideration. I wanted him to approve of it too. I love my ring and he's proud of it.

Np kattrack!

Like I commented in your other thread...my answer is to get both lol. Well, one solitaire and the other soleste, not two Solestes even though they are different and of course not at the same time. Obviously I love the yellow diamond soleste. But this is a very personal decision. I agree the soleste can look very much like a cocktail ring and not like a traditional ering, but I don't always follow convention. Get whatever you are most comfortable with. I've always wanted two styles and was always torn between a halo or the classic solitaire. Personally, I think the solitaire looks best in 2+ carats unless you wear a size 2-4 ring. The soleste is more bang for your buck and gets amazing finger coverage, not to mention being one of the most exquisite settings at Tiffany. Get what you want and not what you think others want you to get or what may stay in style or is traditional or not. I think being bogged down by those thoughts is unnecessary. As long as you can see yourself loving and wearing that ring for the rest of your life, that's all that matters. Even if you "fall out of love" with your ring down the road, you can always have the diamond reset by Tiffany or trade in/up for a different design, size, etc. so it's not permanent if you don't want it to be.

I prefer the white soleste & the solitaire. The yellow does look stunning.. but if you're thinking down the road.. are you able to upgrade with a soleste as you can with the solitaire?

Which one is calling out your name & gives you flutters whenever you see it?

I agree with the point in both these posts that you have to go with what YOUR heart says. I hate seeing people go with the highest vote on these things, it should be about what makes your heart sing.

I think the solitaire looks great on you, and I still love my solitaire 12 years later, but I don't think you can go wrong with any of these rings!

Yellow diamond soleste makes my heart flutter each time I see it!

But go with what makes your heart happiest! From the sound of it and your previous posts, the white center is the one you seem to be most leaning towards.

lanasyogamama said:
I agree with the point in both these posts that you have to go with what YOUR heart says. I hate seeing people go with the highest vote on these things, it should be about what makes your heart sing.

I think the solitaire looks great on you, and I still love my solitaire 12 years later, but I don't think you can go wrong with any of these rings!

It's hard because I do love the yellow, and I love how much my boyfriend loves it. But I've never tried on a white 1.5 +, only 1.2, so I think we will go in to the store by us and try to make a decision in the next few months. I don't want to upgrade to a white diamond later. Whatever I get is going to be my engagement ring forever. I don't like the idea of upgrading personally.

I think you should go for white. If you were really wanting a yellow diamond all along (like Kohl was) than I'd say go for the yellow. But since you want something more traditional, I really think you'll end up being happier over time with the white.

It's hard because I do love the yellow, and I love how much my boyfriend loves it. But I've never tried on a white 1.5 +, only 1.2, so I think we will go in to the store by us and try to make a decision in the next few months. I don't want to upgrade to a white diamond later. Whatever I get is going to be my engagement ring forever. I don't like the idea of upgrading personally.

Stick with the white. While colored stones are popular as e-rings now, I'm not sure if that will be the case years from now. Being that you will never look to upgrade, I would stay with white. Plus, you sound not completely sold on yellow, and when spending that much, you should be absolutely sure.

If you do not ever want to upgrade. I really strongly suggest you consider the solitare a little more. Will you tire of the double halo in a few years? I know I would. But not a solitare. i too thought they were plain and boring and wanted a cushion halo.

You should try on wedding bands for all of the rings and of course get what you love.
And yes please get what you love, not us nor your fiance likes!

sjunky13 said:
If you do not ever want to upgrade. I really strongly suggest you consider the solitare a little more. Will you tire of the double halo in a few years? I know I would. But not a solitare. i too thought they were plain and boring and wanted a cushion halo.

You should try on wedding bands for all of the rings and of course get what you love.
And yes please get what you love, not us nor your fiance likes!

I do sometimes worry that but I love the large look. If we were to get the solitaire, we would be going to Spence diamonds, in which case we could get a 3ct or closer to it. But I still feel its a bit plain

I do sometimes worry that but I love the large look. If we were to get the solitaire, we would be going to Spence diamonds, in which case we could get a 3ct or closer to it. But I still feel its a bit plain

Holly Schmollee.. if you'd be able to get a 3ct solitaire w/ the specs you'd want... you could always dress it up with different bands. Or even getting a full eternity to go with it. The possibilities are endless! Wow.. how exciting! ;) (not to add anymore stress to your decision.. lol)

oogiewoogie said:
Holly Schmollee.. if you'd be able to get a 3ct solitaire w/ the specs you'd want... you could always dress it up with different bands. Or even getting a full eternity to go with it. The possibilities are endless! Wow.. how exciting! ;) (not to add anymore stress to your decision.. lol)

lol I know! I think I'll have to talk to my boyfriend. Because we like the warranty that Tiffany's has. Hmmm!