Tiffany round or emerald cut engagement ring

Emerald cut or round stone

• Emerald cut

• Round

Results are only viewable after voting.
Stunnnnning!!!!!!! :d

awww thanks i am so flattered, especially in the midst of other so many gorgeous rings! :blush:

But op, have you considered both cuts in your wedding set?!

Emerald cuts have always been my true love, but when i chose my wedding band, i surprised myself by going for rbs... I thought the combination was quite unexpected, and i loved it! So don't think because you have to choose one, that you can't have the other also!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

and i never understood why people say emerald cuts don't have sparkle... Mine sparkle as much as any rb i've ever seen... When it catches the light properly, it is a blinding flash of light
attachment.php

attachment.php

awww thanks i am so flattered, especially in the midst of other so many GORGEOUS rings! :blush:

but OP, have you considered BOTH cuts in your wedding set?!

emerald cuts have always been my true love, but when i chose my wedding band, i surprised myself by going for RBs... i thought the combination was quite unexpected, and i loved it! so don't think because you have to choose one, that you can't have the other also!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

and i never understood why people say emerald cuts don't have sparkle... mine sparkle as much as any RB i've ever seen... when it catches the light properly, it is a blinding flash of light
attachment.php

attachment.php
stunning!!

You sound like you really want the emerald. I say this because if you went in Tiffany's and they had a lot of round rings but only one emerald, and it was the one emerald you tried on and none of the rounds, the emerald is what is attracting you.

Get something that you like NOW. It's all very well to planto upgradein 2 years but you don't know for sure that that will happen. Things happen--kids, job losses, house buying--it might take a lot more than 2 years.

I don't think a 1.5 emerald cut is too small at all, but that would a matter of personal opinion.

To me emerald cuts look more expensive than rounds when they are nice ones. But that's just my opinion. What's yours?

Also, figure out what kind of person you are. There are people who can buy what they want and not care what anybody else thinks and jsut enjoy it. There are others who need people to admire. Nothing is wrong with either type. If it is going to bug the heck out of you to see all the girls with sparkly rounds being admired while your emerald isn't noticed that much, better get the round.

Black Jade gave some great advice :tup:

Problem is, no matter how much we love what we love, it's human nature to look at compare our jewels with the ones we see on other women's fingers. So while I love my ring, I wouldn't for example say, I wouldn't mind having Lily25's.....or Swanky's......or Carlinha's.........etc....etc...!!!

I'd get what looks best on your finger. Go with your heart and gut.......you'll never go wrong!

Thank you everyone for taking time to write your thoughts. I went to tiffany's this past weekend & tried on some rounds. I really really like the way it looked!! The classic setting is so beautiful! I am still undecided. I love them both so much. I have ordered in 3 emeralds and 3 rb cuts that are comparable in size. I will just try them all on and hopefully my heart will guide me. I'll let you all know as soon as it happens ( hopefully on Saturday!!)

Thank you everyone for taking time to write your thoughts. I went to tiffany's this past weekend & tried on some rounds. I really really like the way it looked!! The classic setting is so beautiful! I am still undecided. I love them both so much. I have ordered in 3 emeralds and 3 rb cuts that are comparable in size. I will just try them all on and hopefully my heart will guide me. I'll let you all know as soon as it happens ( hopefully on Saturday!!)

take some pics ;)