Tiffany round or emerald cut engagement ring

Emerald cut or round stone

• Emerald cut

• Round

Results are only viewable after voting.
I LOVE your ring! Its prob my fav one on here ... go on! ... post a pic ... it'll sway the votes for sure :P

awww thanks i am so flattered, especially in the midst of other so many GORGEOUS rings! :blush:

but OP, have you considered BOTH cuts in your wedding set?!

emerald cuts have always been my true love, but when i chose my wedding band, i surprised myself by going for RBs... i thought the combination was quite unexpected, and i loved it! so don't think because you have to choose one, that you can't have the other also!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

and i never understood why people say emerald cuts don't have sparkle... mine sparkle as much as any RB i've ever seen... when it catches the light properly, it is a blinding flash of light
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 3,477
  • ring3.jpg
    ring3.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 4,955
  • ring7.jpg
    ring7.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 11,194
  • flash.jpg
    flash.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 3,635
  • P1010910s.jpg
    P1010910s.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 6,109
Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your input!! I'm feeling stressed out about the choice!! My local tiffany's only has one emerald ring, so they are bringing in 5 that I requested. Hopefully they will be in within a few weeks. Honestly I only tried on the 1 c emerald ring they had in stock, and I never even thought to try on a round. I didn't even consider the round until I was reading threads and saw so many beautiful Tiffany RB. I guess I'll have to try them both on and hopefully it will become obvious to me. I'm (we) are planning to upgrade in about 2 years, so with tiffany's upgrade policy I'm trying not to spend too much money for this ring.

carlinha: your ring is so gorgeous!!! You make me love the emerald!!! I'm not to sure about a band.

Thank you everyone for your input!! I'm feeling stressed out about the choice!! My local tiffany's only has one emerald ring, so they are bringing in 5 that I requested. Hopefully they will be in within a few weeks. Honestly I only tried on the 1 c emerald ring they had in stock, and I never even thought to try on a round. I didn't even consider the round until I was reading threads and saw so many beautiful Tiffany RB. I guess I'll have to try them both on and hopefully it will become obvious to me. I'm (we) are planning to upgrade in about 2 years, so with tiffany's upgrade policy I'm trying not to spend too much money for this ring.

carlinha: your ring is so gorgeous!!! You make me love the emerald!!! I'm not to sure about a band.

thank you! in the end, only you can make the right decision for you... you'd have to try both and see them on your hand, and see which sings to you and makes your heart race more... it's totally an unexplainable feeling, and something that can't be predicted until you have them on!:heart:

GOOD LUCK, and no matter what, this is a GREAT DILEMMA TO HAVE!!! :flowers:

RBs have TONS of sparkle, which I love! It's not that emerald cuts don't sparkle - they just give off different flashes of light. I am considering upgrading to a square emerald/Asscher cut but I am on the fence because I do really love the sparkle RBs give off. There is beauty in the depth of step cuts too, though. It depends on what you like!

You should see which suits your hand the best. Each cut will look different based on the size of your hand/finger and you'll see which sings to you the most. I have very small hands and emerald cuts look awful on my hand, imo.

carlinha that is absolutely stunning! it's a large stone...3 ct?

i also love that the band/ e-ring are not matchy.

beautiful emerald cuts draw you in... like looking into a beautiful ocean, you can't look away

i still cast my vote for the 1.5 ct round, but for 2 carats or over...i love the emerald!!!

i personally love emerald cut, but i voted round b/c imo, emerald cut only looks good when the carat weight is 3.5+. on the other hand... a 1.5 in round will look quite substantial.