Tiffany Palo Alto (Stanford Mall)

Pockster00

Jun 28, 2018
I had a bad experience at this store and wanted to share here because I use this forum for jewelry, sales associate and store recommendations. Beware of purchasing sample/old items at this store or with this SA. I wrote to the store to address my concern but never received a reply, so all the more reason to share. In fairness to Tiffany, I have had nothing but good experiences at their 5th Avenue New York location. Here is what I wrote to the Palo Alto store:

I purchased the Tiffany T-clip ballpoint pen from the Stanford Mall Tiffany store on July 28, 2019. I have reason to believe the sales associate knowingly sold me a sample pen as brand new. After showing me a selection of sample pens, I asked for a brand new one to purchase. The associate said she will look for a brand new one, bent down below the glass case with the sample pen and quickly popped back up and said she found a brand new one and began wiping the pen. The “new” pen did not come in any wrapping. After inspection at home, it had scratches and some fingerprints.

I exchanged the pen at the Westfield Valley Fair Tiffany store. The sales associate at Westfield brought out a brand new pen. It was wrapped in tissue paper with a plastic sleeve. The pen did not have any scratches or fingerprints. So I have reason to believe the sales associate at the Stanford Mall knowingly sold an old pen as brand new.

I no longer have the paper receipt with the sales associate’s name although it may be looked up with my email address. I would describe her with the following: long, curly light brown hair and has a heavy (Eastern European?) accent.

Sorry to hear this. Although we live close to this location, DH has bought most of my jewelry from the Ala Moana store where we know a delightful SA.
He has had mixed experiences at Palo Alto, although I don’t think he has ever had the same SA.

Wow, so sorry to hear about this. Thank you for posting your experience. I frequent this Tiffany location and have had mixed experiences as well over the years, though recently positive ones. I was helped a few months ago by a salesperson who seems to match your physical description, but she was from Colombia (with an accent that was difficult to identify, for me at least) and she was very delightful. So glad you were able to get your pen at the VF location! If you find out the name of the salesperson from the PA store, please post it here.