Thoughts on the new Michael Kors Jet Set Travel Medium Multifunction Tote

Personally, and this is JMHO, I don't think anyone needs to feel insulted. All companies have similar designs. I see it all the time. And everyone has a different price point they are comfortable with when they purchase a bag. For those that like the look, but don't have the budget for an LV, this could be an option for them.

To look down one's nose at someone elses bag choice is insulting in and of itself. And says a lot about you as a person.

Just looking at a picture, I kind of like the blue color combo. But I will reserve judgement until I see it in person. Sometimes what looks nice in a picture doesn't translate to love IRL.

Last edited:
I own LV NF in mono as well as other LV's in other DE and DA prints. Am I insulted? No way. Good grief. At the end of the day, it is a purse. How is a PURSE going to insult me?

As for the actual design and print...I don't care for it. I like the shape of the purse. It's just a versatile, simple tote design. The print has too much going on for me. Either do the signature OR the checkered print. Both at the same time is a little overwhelming.

Love the blue and white! If I see one in the store I will probably buy it as I have been wanting/looking for the perfect tote. Very cool and unique!

As for the brown one. Not impressed. Looks too much like the LV NF. Personally, too many people already own those. Seriously, I see so many people in sweats sporting their $$$$ LV NF (although a ton are probably fake) I would think MK would have gone in a different direction instead of jumping on that bandwagon. OH well. To each their own

I'm not offended by this bag. Clearly, it's not going to fool anyone, but it gives people who like the LV design a chance to wear a similar bag at a lower cost - without resorting to purchasing a replica. So in a sense, MK is helping LV by steering people away from the replica market. Furthermore, I don't think LV is losing business because of MK's similar designs - if LV is losing business, then it means LV quality is just not good enough to keep their customers.
I agree, very well said!!!!! Besides, there are many designer's whose bag styles and colors are similar to other designers. It does not bother me, if I like a bag I will buy it regardless of any similarities to other bags by another designer! You are correct, some cannot afford LV prices (which continue to increase) and many might prefer a similar bag in a much lower price range. "To each his own." Furthermore, I don't criticize any designer if their bag resembles another designer's bags, because over the years I have seen hundreds that are similar in style, shape and color pattern. I own LV and MK bags and I have read more posts on PF of complaints about LV quality issues than I have about any MK leather bags!

i own lv nf in mono as well as other lv's in other de and da prints. Am i insulted? No way. Good grief. At the end of the day, it is a purse. How is a purse going to insult me?

As for the actual design and print...i don't care for it. I like the shape of the purse. It's just a versatile, simple tote design. The print has too much going on for me. Either do the signature or the checkered print. Both at the same time is a little overwhelming.
+1

20gy05d.jpg