Thoughts on Petite Malle

Sep 2, 2011
I have not seen much discussion on this bag here. Does anyone own a Petite Malle or have thoughts on if it is worth it? I saw it in store and it was oh so stunning! But it seems very small and not so practical for day to day and the price point is also very high. I was looking at the black epi version. TIA!

I had my eye on one (ecume malletage) and would love to hear as well. Haven't seen in person but I saw the petite valise in the ecume malletage and it was stunning (so was price lol,).

Thank you, Bull! The beauty of this bag seems to outweigh its practicality, but I would like to get frequent use out of it if I was to purchase it.
Practicality wise it must be close to a Félicie or a large WOC rather, but is it just such a statement piece. It is the kind of bag that brings joy even when fits nothing. And it is not just iconic, but also won't ever go out of style.

The Petite Malle is still one of my favorite bags, I purchased it when if first came out ~10 years ago (It was slightly smaller) and I have been adding them to my collection ever since.

Yes, it doesn’t hold a lot, but it does hold my phone, small card holder and my lipstick.

If I had to pick one it would still be the original Monogram, but the black epi is a great choice..

The Petite Valise Malletage Palazzo Ecume is a much bigger bag, you can get your keys in it also, but the leather is very soft, and I would only wear it once in a while.

I’m also a big fan of the Men’s Clutch Box, for some reason it just feels more durable, it’s a bit more money, but it’s huge inside.

I would say half the bags I purchased over the last year are hard sided including the light blue/white python Petite Malle on top.

Personally, you can’t go wrong with the Petite Malle !!

Attachments

• 2024-Dresser-Top-LV.png
    2024-Dresser-Top-LV.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 95
The Petite Malle is still one of my favorite bags, I purchased it when if first came out ~10 years ago (It was slightly smaller) and I have been adding them to my collection ever since.

Yes, it doesn’t hold a lot, but it does hold my phone, small card holder and my lipstick.

If I had to pick one it would still be the original Monogram, but the black epi is a great choice..

The Petite Valise Malletage Palazzo Ecume is a much bigger bag, you can get your keys in it also, but the leather is very soft, and I would only wear it once in a while.

I’m also a big fan of the Men’s Clutch Box, for some reason it just feels more durable, it’s a bit more money, but it’s huge inside.

I would say half the bags I purchased over the last year are hard sided including the light blue/white python Petite Malle on top.

Gorgeous collection of unique and special bags. You have great taste! I am so jealous of that ecume petite valise :loveeyes:

I've always been in love with the petite malle...never tried and don't own one but I'm eyeing the exotics version from the look book they're gorgeous! And I don't even like exotics!

Curious how big it is ...I assumed if I get it it would be just a statement piece and not a functional item lol but just love the design overall enough I would overlook that 😄

I love all the hard-sided bags; I like that style in general and for LV I love how it reflects the original trunks. Personally I wouldn’t get a Petite Malle because I know what I usually carry and I would get very little use out of such a small bag, so if that’s your concern, maybe make a list of places/events you could wear one to and see if it seems worth it.

What is the Alma in this pic? I haven’t seen one with an S lock before.

I love all the hard-sided bags; I like that style in general and for LV I love how it reflects the original trunks. Personally I wouldn’t get a Petite Malle because I know what I usually carry and I would get very little use out of such a small bag, so if that’s your concern, maybe make a list of places/events you could wear one to and see if it seems worth it.

What is the Alma in this pic? I haven’t seen one with an S lock before.
It's the new Alma Trunk, Hard sided Alma

Attachments

• Alma-Trunk.png
    Alma-Trunk.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
I adore the Petit Malle. Yes, it doesn't hold much but it is such a gorgeous bag it still seems worth it! I have one in silver Epi with the black trim and it is one of my absolute favourite handbags in my collection.

What a stunning collection!!! You have one of my dream bags - the Yayoi Kusama pumpkin bag :love: