Thoughts about Gucci Tiger Head (Rajah) Bag?

Looks better IRL I must say, congratulations TraceySH

I am eyeing-up the draw-string Rajah bucket bag in blue suede/red trim. Just that beautiful tiger's head and web-stripe but no other hw.
I like this one better than the flap! I am tired of flaps! I know everyone stays away from suede, but I do miss it in my bag rounds. I hope you get it!

Reactions: papertiger
Here are some pics of it...I actually like it. Feels fun vintage to me.
At first I didn’t like this bag because I thought there was too much hardware. But then I saw it in real life and it’s actually absolutely beautiful. The quality and craftsmanship is amazing. The logo and tigers head is actually really quirky and fun, I would have preferred the logos more if they were on separate sides of the bag, but it’s still beautiful in real life.

Looks better IRL I must say, congratulations TraceySH

I am eyeing-up the draw-string Rajah bucket bag in blue suede/red trim. Just that beautiful tiger's head and web-stripe but no other hw.

Hi paper tiger! Did you ever get this bag and if so, how did it wear? The strap looks pretty long. I'm 5ft 7in and hoping it hangs more on the shorter side. I just purchased the same bag from Fashionphile. It's in "very good" condition but the suede looks a bit worn in some areas. We shall see!

Hi paper tiger! Did you ever get this bag and if so, how did it wear? The strap looks pretty long. I'm 5ft 7in and hoping it hangs more on the shorter side. I just purchased the same bag from Fashionphile. It's in "very good" condition but the suede looks a bit worn in some areas. We shall see!

Hi there, sadly, I didn't by the bag, but I still think it's so fab, particularly that cw. You can refresh suede anyway.

• Love
Reactions: Debbie65
Hi there, sadly, I didn't by the bag, but I still think it's so fab, particularly that cw. You can refresh suede anyway.
I sure hope it arrives looking fab! I typically stay away from suede but that tiger head and the color combo along with the deal of the day price ($530 on FP) I could not resist! Good to know I can refresh suede. I will have to search on how to do that. Thank you for your reply! :smile:

• Love
Reactions: papertiger
Hi everyone! I purchased the Gucci Rajah Suede Bucket bag preloved from Fashionphile and it arrived a few days ago. I did a little hack on it that may be helpful to you if you were interested in the bag but turned off due to the condition of the suede as it's only available in the preloved market or turned off by the long chain strap.

I do not have before pics other then the pics on the Fashionphile's site and unfortunately it doesn't show the details of the overall condition of the suede. The suede was not really damaged but more not cared for. Im sure the suede got abuse due to the length of the chain strap in combo with the height of the bag. I am 5ft 7in and the base of the bag hit pretty much the mid of my thighs. Im sure it swung around and made contact with many things and rubbed against the body more then the norm.

I did not like the condition of the suede so I did some research on suede care. I came across a forum on guys talking about their suede sneakers and how they bring them back to life. One mentioned using a clothes lint ball shaver to cut off the stringy fuzz on the suede. I thought it was a brilliant idea so I tried it. It worked like a charm and I am beyond pleased with the results. :smile:

Next I made the bag look more uniform in color and more fresh. I cleaned it with the Kiwi Suede Cleaner although there was no visible dirt. After I cleaned it with the suede cleaner, I sprayed it again and this time I let it be as I discovered the suede color was more vibrant if I sprayed and did not wipe or brush. My suede look darker in color which made it look more fresh and new.

Next I hacked the undetachable chain strap. I decided to use the red leather shoulder pad that is attached to the chain strap as a top handle. I connected my own O rings through the D ring at the end of the red leather shoulder pad and then thru the D ring on the side of the bag inside. Just that easily I created a top handle and the chain strap itself is draped inside the bag behind a loop of the leather drawstring to keep the chain position in 1 area inside the bag. I then added my gold chain strap to use as my shoulder strap. I ordered a blue with red stripe guitar strap that I can also use as a crossbody strap and when I do so, Im thinking about leaving the gold chain on as decoration. :smile: I'm extra. Lol

Lastly I cut to size a piece of red felt material I had to line the bottom of the bag to help keep the beautiful interior clean. All my items are in SLGs so I should not get any stains, at lease from the items in the bag.

The tiger head is still gold but appears to have lost some of it's luster, but it's not bad at all. If anyone has a hack on shining that up, I'll love to hear about it. :smile:

Does anyone know what year this bag was released and what the retail price was back then?

I hope this inspires someone to be creative knowing you can usually find a way to restore an item and add your own personal touches. :smile:

Below is a pic of my Rajah, the suede shavings and an example of using the guitar strap with it. In the pic the green and red strap is shown just as an example (it's for my Ophidia Toiletry). I think it will look great with the blue and red version. I have the link to Fashionphile as well so you can see the before pics although viewing in person is different. I have a suede spray conditioner that I will be buying that is suppose to condition the suede and make it more fresh. In the pics it looks like it has faded spots however it's just the shift of the suede and how it's appearing in the pics. There are still some faint fuzz spots but barely.

Attachments

• IMG_0580 (1).jpg
    IMG_0580 (1).jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0587 (1).JPG
    IMG_0587 (1).JPG
    236 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0591.jpg
    IMG_0591.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240419_141902_Etsy.jpg
    Screenshot_20240419_141902_Etsy.jpg