This look familiar to anyone?

fayden said:
look what he replies:

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]"I will change them this afternoon. Pictures on blogs, message posts, etc are fair game unless they are specifically trademarked or watermarked. Just an FYI."

what a jerk, it's called stealing!

can u guys all spam him and tell him that for me? lol.

[/FONT]

What a smug jerk :suspiciou I hope he is NARU by the end of the day. You're right, watermarking photos does take away from it, but at least it's a deterrent to photo-stealing scammers like this guy.

amanda said:
i spammed him for ya. and told him that all pictures are copyrighted to their original source regardless of whether they're trademarked (which is an entirely different thing and use) or watermarked. thought he could use an FYI.
Thank you sooo much amanda, I'm so glad you know all this information! :smile:

pseub said:
How do you watermark a photo?

Basically when you are editing your photo- this includes resizing, you can add text to the photo, fix the brightness and contrast, correct the colors, etc.

Adding a watermark is simple, you can also be creative. I have photoshop, but I'm pretty sure all photo editor programs have a text tool. Choose the tool, click anywhere on the photo and you can start writing on top of the photo. You can change the size of the text and control the opacity as well on photoshop.

it can get more complicated than this though....

fayden said:
look what he replies:

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]"I will change them this afternoon. Pictures on blogs, message posts, etc are fair game unless they are specifically trademarked or watermarked. Just an FYI."

what a jerk, it's called stealing!
[/FONT]

Yes. And false advertising.

Argh, specifically for that purpose I've been looking into getting a custom extension for vB done that would watermark all the attachments, but I have yet to find a good solution. Sorry about that fayden.

And yes, of course the pictures are copyrighted to the respective owners. There is no fair game involved. Freakin imbecile.

I've just started watermarking my photos on eBay after someone used a photo of my daughter! AARGHHH!
It's very easy to water mark, I'd be glad to watermark anyone's photos for them, so long as it wasn't a TON of them - it really only takes a moment.

Now he is just using Neiman's picture for the primary.

He may still be using yours Fayden for the interior shots; but, his stand-up is from Neiman Marcus.

Loganz said:
Now he is just using Neiman's picture for the primary.

He may still be using yours Fayden for the interior shots; but, his stand-up is from Neiman Marcus.

That's what it looks like. If eBay doesn't do anything about it, someone who doesn't know any better will bid on it. I wonder if the seller is planning to do a bait and switch, and send the winning bidder a fake?

Cristina said:
That's what it looks like. If eBay doesn't do anything about it, someone who doesn't know any better will bid on it. I wonder if the seller is planning to do a bait and switch, and send the winning bidder a fake?

if the seller REALLY had a true paddy, he wouldn't have needed fayden's or NM's photo!!