Thieves crash into LV store to rob it!

That same store had a grab and run robbery not too long ago. A nearby store (Tiffanys I think ) had a robbery where they took an ax to showcases in the middle of the day. That was not too long ago either. Oakbrook is an open mall and needs better security.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

According to WGN news, this happened to another LV yesterday at Northbrook court! They have a video of it..I'm trying to figure how they got the car into the mall!! I'm glad no one was hurt!

i wish they had more security at the stores. there is one store that was robbed in the daytime a year or 2 ago and it is in an area that i sometimes travel to. it makes me nervous to even visit them to shop and i don't like to spend too much time there for that reason. it probably sounds silly but for the sake of the employees and the customers, i wish they could/would budget for more real security.

I was at the Northbrook Court LV store two days before! The car went through the front door of the mall and then drove down the hall a bit to the LV store window and crashed through. There is always a security guard in the store, this was done at 4 am. Only the cleaning crew saw it happen. It is creepy to know that some of the bags I looked at that day may have been stolen. Definitely a professional job. Over $100k in bags stolen according to the news. Probably being listed on eBay as we speak.

I was at the Northbrook Court LV store two days before! The car went through the front door of the mall and then drove down the hall a bit to the LV store window and crashed through. There is always a security guard in the store, this was done at 4 am. Only the cleaning crew saw it happen. It is creepy to know that some of the bags I looked at that day may have been stolen. Definitely a professional job. Over $100k in bags stolen according to the news. Probably being listed on eBay as we speak.

I'm still trying to figure out how they got the car in the entrance to the mall.... There is two sets of doors, definitely not big enough to fit a car through! Did they smash thru those doors too?

I'm still trying to figure out how they got the car in the entrance to the mall.... There is two sets of doors, definitely not big enough to fit a car through! Did they smash thru those doors too?

The car went straight down the middle doors of the entrance, that portion is boarded up now. The left doors and right doors were not hit and are still functional. There are now big cement blocks in front of the entrance so cars can't get through again. Then it went straight down the hall up to the LV store. Scary.