The WoC - Wallet on Chain thread

I was wondering this same thing only a little more than a week ago. I wanted a WOC in black with GHW in Caviar. The store I was visiting in Dublin had only SHW in Caviar or GHW in lamb. I want to use my WOC for running around, errands, etc. maybe the occasional evening bag but certainly not exclusively for that. I asked other TPf'ers and they suggested the caviar as it's much more durable. Ask yourself how you plan to use the bag. If only occasionally then I think lamb is OK. If you want to use it often then get Caviar. Good luck deciding! I am in love with my black caviar WOC with SHW!

I agree! I was on a waiting list for quite some time for a Boy Woc in caviar last year. I should've gotten lamb as I don't wear it often. Lamb is so pretty & luxurious!

I agree! I was on a waiting list for quite some time for a Boy Woc in caviar last year. I should've gotten lamb as I don't wear it often. Lamb is so pretty & luxurious!
I thought they only made boy wocs in calfskin the past few seasons :huh: caviar boy wocs mustve been hard to come by! When I called my local chanel in sf, they said they're not available and don't even have a wait list for it!:hrmm:

Reactions: LVLOYAL12
I thought they only made boy wocs in calfskin the past few seasons :huh: caviar boy wocs mustve been hard to come by! When I called my local chanel in sf, they said they're not available and don't even have a wait list for it!:

Either my SA was lying about the material of my bag or your SA was not truthful to you. I hope it's the latter as I have a great relationship with mine. I purchased this at Frontenac Plaza on 6/17/2016. I will be calling her to confirm leather type as I'm likely to sell this bag & would like to be accurate in its description. Nonetheless, I purchased this calfskin Coin purse 12/28/2016 & the leather feels nothing like the boy. IMG_1497775449.606167.jpg
IMG_1497774865.628161.jpg
IMG_1497774896.786316.jpg

Hi ladies, I know this has been discussed to death yet I'm still undecided about caviar/calf leather vs lambs leather. I've bought this boy woc in lamb with ghw and I've just been told that they have caviar/calf with ghw in stock. I'm going to take a look tomorrow and compare the two. From seeing the caviar in the past, it's not quite the same as that on the flap bags. It's less shiny and more naked, right? Is it still as robust? I'm hoping to use this regularly and I do baby my bags so basically my question is, which leather will have most longevity? I'm hoping to pass this down to my daughter when she's older. Its not cheap so would like it to get its fair use! I've read that caviar can chip away, am I better off sticking with lamb because there are bags out there that have lasted decades? Oh yes, which hardware do you think suits the black most? Gold, silver or rhodium? Sorry for the long post.
Thanks for your advice ladies.

Attachments

• IMG_20170620_152010.jpg
    IMG_20170620_152010.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 1,908
Hi ladies, I know this has been discussed to death yet I'm still undecided about caviar/calf leather vs lambs leather. I've bought this boy woc in lamb with ghw and I've just been told that they have caviar/calf with ghw in stock. I'm going to take a look tomorrow and compare the two. From seeing the caviar in the past, it's not quite the same as that on the flap bags. It's less shiny and more naked, right? Is it still as robust? I'm hoping to use this regularly and I do baby my bags so basically my question is, which leather will have most longevity? I'm hoping to pass this down to my daughter when she's older. Its not cheap so would like it to get its fair use! I've read that caviar can chip away, am I better off sticking with lamb because there are bags out there that have lasted decades? Oh yes, which hardware do you think suits the black most? Gold, silver or rhodium? Sorry for the long post.
Thanks for your advice ladies.

I am not sure how to advise on the leather. Anyone will tell you that caviar is more durable. I find lamb so luxurious so I go for lamb when I can get it. And I definitely don't prefer the less shiny caviar.

For hardware, I would tell you gold all the way. To me it's more classic looking and makes the bag pop. But if you like never wear gold jewelry, then go for silver/ruth.

Hope that helps! The WOC you posted is stunning.

Reactions: breathe.love
Just scooped up these two new prefall WOCs. Couldn't choose between them so I got both. [emoji38]

View attachment 3723128

My reissue WOC family...
View attachment 3723129

I am thinking about getting my first WOC, and at first I thought black classic would be best and most classic. However, this charcoal is really beautiful, and I wonder if it is more versatile for wearing with navy and other colors. Do you think this would be a good first WOC, or is classic the way to go for my first?