The super cool MOTO LEATHER JACKET club!

Thanks so much!! How much do you think is a fair price?

As Clevelander said, a fair price is what you are willing to spend. But these jackets didn't even RETAIL for the price this person was asking. I think they were more around $2,500. I have three Bal jackets and I bought them all second hand for around $800 each. One was from an eBay seller, two were from The Real Real, which can have some real deals if you're patient.

Hello ladies, I need some help with a size! I'm currently looking at a size 36 and 40 of the same jacket on TRR, it appears to be a 2013 "new" style moto - scribble pattern printed leather.

I'm a small/4 in most things, in your opinion(s), would a 36 of that vintage be too small?

I've noticed the measurements on TRR seem inconsistent, I'd love to hear from people who have actual jackets in their hands.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Hi there, how exciting to be looking at a purchase! Can you send the links to the jackets? The sizing is vary variable and can depend on the year but also the colour sometimes!! ( I know! Crazy!) I’m not familiar with scribble pattern?
I’m a size 4 in most thinks and feel most comfy in a 38, I have some 36s that I can’t zip but that are comfy snug. 40 generally too big on me.
The key is to get the shoulder measurement right, they’re not designed to be zipped up but need to fit good across the shoulders so they sit right ( and comfortable).
good luck!

Reactions: dreadpirate
ah thank you! yes I have heard/read that there are myriad variations in fit. I have a couple of Allsaints leathers, I think one of them measures similarly across the shoulders to the 36, but I'm not sure I trust TRR's measurements.

here is the 36

here is the 40
https://www.therealreal.com/product...ets/balenciaga-2013-lamb-leather-blazer-asnkr

I think theoretically I'd be OK with a bigger fit, but the price differential between these two is making me overthink this a lot...

ah thank you! yes I have heard/read that there are myriad variations in fit. I have a couple of Allsaints leathers, I think one of them measures similarly across the shoulders to the 36, but I'm not sure I trust TRR's measurements.

here is the 36

here is the 40
https://www.therealreal.com/product...ets/balenciaga-2013-lamb-leather-blazer-asnkr

I think theoretically I'd be OK with a bigger fit, but the price differential between these two is making me overthink this a lot...

looks like somebody nabbed the 40, I sure hope the 36 will work (it's not returnable - le yikes!!)

Reactions: Clevelander
yes, the 36 was me -- I really hope it fits. I'll post pics when I get it. The print is unusual, but the idea of it has really grown on me.

You mentioned that you can wear a 36, it's snug but it's not a total dealbreaker?

give me some hope!!
Definitely not a deal breaker. I wear all my 36s in the warmer months with just a tee under them and the fit is perfect I wouldn’t want to zip anyway.
I don’t even wear the 38 zipped they just look better open.
i can just wear a few more layers under a 38. I’m sure it will be fine.

Reactions: dreadpirate
Looking for biscuit 2007 in a size 36.
I love the black, but I am in the USA and don't think I am allowed to purchase:sad::
Item Name: NWT Balenciaga Leather Biker Moto Jacket EU 36
Item Number: 193612323802
Seller ID:tigersandstardust
Link:https://www.ebay.com/itm/1936123238...,osub=osub,crd=crd,segname=segname,chnl=mkcid
Definitely not a deal breaker. I wear all my 36s in the warmer months with just a tee under them and the fit is perfect I wouldn’t want to zip anyway.
I don’t even wear the 38 zipped they just look better open.
i can just wear a few more layers under a 38. I’m sure it will be fine.
This is a 36, feels like a child size The zips are about 8” apart so I’m maybe not a 36. Know anyone with a bigger one who’d like to trade? I love the pattern!

Attachments

• 8238CCD7-04A7-4869-B835-31A67FD2B28F.jpeg
    8238CCD7-04A7-4869-B835-31A67FD2B28F.jpeg
    271.9 KB · Views: 46
well, this has been an interesting journey...

I picked up a jacket in yellow with no tags from TRR with measurements that sounded like a 38 and while slightly bigger than the 36 pictured above, it is also pretty snug. It also had some staining on the sleeve that the local leather cleaner said he couldn't deal with. I can't return it to TRR but I might try, since the staining is way more obvious than they said.

And then I found this one on eBay and cut a deal with the seller. The tag says 38, the fit through the shoulders and chest is very generous (like 40 generous). The sleeves have clearly been shortened. Still, I'm super pleased with the fit everywhere else - I can zip, I can layer, I can move! (forgive the shorts - I came in from a run to find it waiting for me and had to try on immediately!)

what is up with the sizing on these things? It's so random!

tempImagerVunYH.png

I picked up a jacket in yellow with no tags from TRR with measurements that sounded like a 38 and while slightly bigger than the 36 pictured above, it is also pretty snug. It also had some staining on the sleeve that the local leather cleaner said he couldn't deal with. I can't return it to TRR but I might try, since the staining is way more obvious than they said.

And then I found this one on eBay and cut a deal with the seller. The tag says 38, the fit through the shoulders and chest is very generous (like 40 generous). The sleeves have clearly been shortened. Still, I'm super pleased with the fit everywhere else - I can zip, I can layer, I can move! (forgive the shorts - I came in from a run to find it waiting for me and had to try on immediately!)

TRR will accept returns if there’s an issue, I’ve done it several times with items that were final sale.

I think it looks great! The sleeves don’t look too short.

View attachment 5230495

same

TRR will accept returns if there’s an issue, I’ve done it several times with items that were final sale.