The super cool MOTO LEATHER JACKET club!

Wow! This is an amazing deal if you’re a smaller size!!!
Size 36 Biscuit, $417!!!

View attachment 5326916
I just bought this...
I hope the quality is good!!
I bought a 2008 cognac from TRR and it's my favorite jacket by far. And this is even though the lining inside has lots of small tears. In general I've found the jackets I purchased from TRR have lots of unexpected, unlisted imperfections, but I always kept them as the jackets still wear fine, and the price is fine.
Given this is a Japanese seller, I have high hopes for the quality! Will report back on how it looks!

Now I own:
- 2009 cognac
- 2007 biscuit
- 2008 grey
- ardoise (2012?)
- Mustard / moutarde (2013?)
- 2016 black
- 2008 Havane
- 2008 Khaki

Wow. I have a real addition to these...

Hello,

I have bought a pre-loved Balenciaga Motorcycle Leather Jacket. I posted it for authentication in the authentication thread (link to: My post in the authentication thred ) but since it is a jacket I was recommeded by @muchstuff to ask you in the Clubhouse for help.

I would be very grateful if someone can help me comparing my jacket with the one you own. I fully understand that it can’t be a real authentication but it would be nice to know if it is an obvious fake or if it could be authentic.

The jacket is bought through Vestiaire Collective and I payed extra for them to check authenticity and verify condition. However, I don’t trust them enough to feel safe :-s

Hello,

I have bought a pre-loved Balenciaga Motorcycle Leather Jacket. I posted it for authentication in the authentication thread (link to: My post in the authentication thred ) but since it is a jacket I was recommeded by @muchstuff to ask you in the Clubhouse for help.

I would be very grateful if someone can help me comparing my jacket with the one you own. I fully understand that it can’t be a real authentication but it would be nice to know if it is an obvious fake or if it could be authentic.

The jacket is bought through Vestiaire Collective and I payed extra for them to check authenticity and verify condition. However, I don’t trust them enough to feel safe :-s

This one looks fine to me (from someone who has had about 15 jackets come through my front door :P).
Luckily fakes haven't been an issue with moto jackets like with bags, in fact, I don't recall ever seeing a fake moto.
Congrats on your moto purchase btw! :love:

Hello,

Looks just like mine! I posted earlier today but I think the mods might have removed my post because I linked to a Marketplace thread where I have photos of the jacket (sorry!). If you want to see photos you can look for it there or PM me!

This one looks fine to me (from someone who has had about 15 jackets come through my front door :P).
Luckily fakes haven't been an issue with moto jackets like with bags, in fact, I don't recall ever seeing a fake moto.
Congrats on your moto purchase btw! :love:

Thank you :smile:

I think I have major trust issues :lol: I don’t trust the scammers to not copy this jacket. I am quite sure even this jacket suffers from super fakes like other clothes do:frown:

Looks just like mine! I posted earlier today but I think the mods might have removed my post because I linked to a Marketplace thread where I have photos of the jacket (sorry!). If you want to see photos you can look for it there or PM me!

Thank you:smile:

I actually saw your post before it was deleted. Our jackets had some detail that were different but I am quite sure it is because they are from different years. Is yours from before 2013 somewhere? I have no idea when mine is from but I would guess not older than 2013, probably closer to 2105-2017.

Reactions: lonelyphoton
I actually saw your post before it was deleted. Our jackets had some detail that were different but I am quite sure it is because they are from different years. Is yours from before 2013 somewhere? I have no idea when mine is from but I would guess not older than 2013, probably closer to 2105-2017.
I’m so glad! I forgot about the issue with linking :facepalm:

I think you are right — our jackets are from different years, and made in different countries. Mine is from France/2009, and it looks like yours is from Turkey/2011 based on the photo of the tag in your thread. Below are the tags from our two jackets, with their respective years circled in green, in case that info is helpful to you!

Attachments

• 6E261DF3-B7FF-4648-89ED-090E6611E4BC.png
    6E261DF3-B7FF-4648-89ED-090E6611E4BC.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • B77B19A2-9394-4B48-AB7A-5BBF9552CBCA.jpeg
    B77B19A2-9394-4B48-AB7A-5BBF9552CBCA.jpeg
    284.5 KB · Views: 9

I think you are right — our jackets are from different years, and made in different countries. Mine is from France/2009, and it looks like yours is from Turkey/2011 based on the photo of the tag in your thread. Below are the tags from our two jackets, with their respective years circled in green, in case that info is helpful to you!

Thank you! This actually helps a lot! I had no clue how to read the label :lol: From what I have read I understand that 1404 is the colour code for my jacket?

Yey! Thanks to you pointing me in the right direction with production year on the tag (they produce the jackets one year/season ahead) I have finally found what colour it is!

Some research ended up with the colour Ardoise from S/S 2012. The colour code is 1404. It is such a hard colour to catch! I have seen pictures with it being very blue (it is not) to medium true grey to almost light grey.

For me the true colour is something like a blueish darker grey with green in it. I can definitely see how some people might call it blue, but it is not like a petrol or brighter blue for me.

I thought I would catch how the true colour is indoors, but I gave up. It is almost impossible:lol:

Reactions: lonelyphoton
Yey! Thanks to you pointing me in the right direction with production year on the tag (they produce the jackets one year/season ahead) I have finally found what colour it is!

Some research ended up with the colour Ardoise from S/S 2012. The colour code is 1404. It is such a hard colour to catch! I have seen pictures with it being very blue (it is not) to medium true grey to almost light grey.

For me the true colour is something like a blueish darker grey with green in it. I can definitely see how some people might call it blue, but it is not like a petrol or brighter blue for me.

I thought I would catch how the true colour is indoors, but I gave up. It is almost impossible:lol:
Wow! You are an amazing detective :smartass: And your Ardoise jacket sounds like a gorgeous and versatile chameleon! I’d love to see pics if you ever manage to capture its true indoor color. Enjoy your beautiful find!

If you wanted to know what your moto is made of - take a look at this listing as the jacket doesn't have a lining!

• Wow
Reactions: iluvmybags
I just bought this...
I bought a 2008 cognac from TRR and it's my favorite jacket by far. And this is even though the lining inside has lots of small tears. In general I've found the jackets I purchased from TRR have lots of unexpected, unlisted imperfections, but I always kept them as the jackets still wear fine, and the price is fine.
Given this is a Japanese seller, I have high hopes for the quality! Will report back on how it looks!

Now I own:
- 2009 cognac
- 2007 biscuit
- 2008 grey
- ardoise (2012?)
- 2016 black
- 2008 Havane
- 2008 Khaki

How are you enjoying the biscuit Kiwanja?? You got it for a steal!
It's autumn here in Australia now - moto time!! Although who am I kidding, I wear all year round!

Reactions: mal and iluvmybags
If you wanted to know what your moto is made of - take a look at this listing as the jacket doesn't have a lining!
OMG! Look at that leather! I wonder what season it is. The zippers don’t have the line down them, so its has to be later than 2010 & Made in Turkey, but WOW! That kind of leather is usually found on 2007/08 jackets!:drool:

I just bought this...

Now I own:
- 2009 cognac
- 2007 biscuit
- 2008 grey
- ardoise (2012?)
- 2016 black
- 2008 Havane
- 2008 Khaki

Congrats! That was a fantastic deal!
How’d the jacket work out? Was it in good condition?