Scarves ............The Spring 2017 Scarves..............

Call me old-fashioned, but watching this video makes me feel uncomfortable. I see mass production, not what I have in mind when I hunt for a certain design.
Second, and more important: in my eyes this is not the way H silk should be treated, messing around between machines (oil!). Seeing this I wonder if the silk seen in the video ended up in retail?
To me this video does not showcase silk manufacturing but a woman messing around with delicate scarves. :annoyed:
I am amused, how conservative I am.
I had the same question and concern when I watch it. We are on the same boat. Lol! :amuse:

Call me old-fashioned, but watching this video makes me feel uncomfortable. I see mass production, not what I have in mind when I hunt for a certain design.
Second, and more important: in my eyes this is not the way H silk should be treated, messing around between machines (oil!). Seeing this I wonder if the silk seen in the video ended up in retail?
To me this video does not showcase silk manufacturing but a woman messing around with delicate scarves. :annoyed:

I can identify with some of what you feel but let me try to at least ease some pain. I am very sure none of these silks used for the video will be put up for sale. It probably is like the beautiful gowns put on models who then stand in the sea for photo shoots. Hermes will not even sell them as samples.

I enjoyed the video. I'm so OCD with my scarves, it's fun to see them handled in a super carefree way. I'm sure the scarves in the video will not be for sale. I would be interested in knowing what they do with them, though.

BACK TO TOPIC!! ;)

Please correct me if I'm wrong, Does not recognize this pattern, Is it possible that the announcement of spring
https://girlwhowouldbeking.com/2016/09/26/hermes-at-work-what-lies-behind/
and if this is my mistake, then I'll just edit it

hermes13.jpg

https://girlwhowouldbeking.com/tag/luxury/

Well, H's scarves ARE mass produced. It is a complex manufacturing process, but it is certainly not manual. Apparently the only manual process is just the hemming.