The PANDORA thread

Missydora! Good to see you! I wondered where everyone has disappeared to, but then again I haven't posted for about a year two, with no new Pandora purchases until the recent sale where I went a bit mad :shocked:

Love your bracelet, bag and the Pom Pom! Can you please post some of your old pics with the blush muranos - I have been trying to find them unsuccessfully and that bracelet is :loveeyes:

Thanks and hope you are well too!
:biggrin: luckily I still have old photos on my phone of my bracelets so I remember how I arranged it. My blush muranoes are my favourites. They look different dependent on lighting in sunlight it's more purple. I post 2 pics so u can see what I mean. 2015-11-09 15.32.53.jpg 2015-11-09 15.42.26.jpg the above pic is in sunlight.

Can you see what I mean they can look different on lighting. Is your blush muranoes do the same?

:biggrin: luckily I still have old photos on my phone of my bracelets so I remember how I arranged it. My blush muranoes are my favourites. They look different dependent on lighting in sunlight it's more purple. I post 2 pics so u can see what I mean. View attachment 3774786 View attachment 3774787 the above pic is in sunlight.

Can you see what I mean they can look different on lighting. Is your blush muranoes do the same?

Ahhh gorgeous! I love that bracelet and the blush muranos. They had been on my wish list ever since you first posted pics of that bracelet, so I took the plunge when they went on sale as they are sadly discontinued.

Mine change colour too - I simply love them. When I was choosing them, I remembered you saying how OCD you were about it as some are more purple-ish than others :biggrin:

I also keep a log of my Pandora creations, then a file with all the receipts for warranty and then finally the jewellery! Who would think that collecting it is such a big operation!

Ahhh gorgeous! I love that bracelet and the blush muranos. They had been on my wish list ever since you first posted pics of that bracelet, so I took the plunge when they went on sale as they are sadly discontinued.

Mine change colour too - I simply love them. When I was choosing them, I remembered you saying how OCD you were about it as some are more purple-ish than others :biggrin:

I also keep a log of my Pandora creations, then a file with all the receipts for warranty and then finally the jewellery! Who would think that collecting it is such a big operation!
Gosh yeah those blush muranoes were like honestly gave me such a headache trying to find them all fairly alike. I ended up going to about 6 different Pandora stores finding the more purply ones. I'm glad you manage to get them because they are gorgeous. Can't wait to see your haul. I found another pic using blush muranoes. To see my old pics I'm kinda wanting to dig all out the charms again and play around :biggrin:. I see everyone else's new charms and Im kinda thinking I could do with that charm. :facepalm:2017-07-25 12.07.28.jpg

I love the combo with the blush murano, I bought one at the last sale because it was being retired and I didn't want to miss out but I don't know what I'm going to combine it with, yours looks like a great inspiration. Do you remember the name of the charm next to the lattice charm with the stone in the middle that matches the blush murano? Just reread that and it sounds very convoluted. Is it one of the radiant hearts?

#new2oz, the shape and casing of that bead is like that of the radiant hearts, but it's called radiant splendour I believe.
Check out Missydora's lovely creations with the blush muranos; she is the one who made me fall for them :smile:

Just sharing a pic of my two-tone bracelet that I wore today. It's still a work in progress, my next purchase for it would be the signature two-tone bracelet and then I would like to add some more classic retired two-tone pieces and eventually, at some distant point in the future, some gold spacers. I love the Belle murano, I really think it makes the teeny bit of gold tone sparkle, I saw it used by Morapandora on her blog and loved it. I was so happy when it finally arrived in Australia and I could buy it. I think I will definitely have to add a safety chain too, I had a scare a few weeks back when I didn't notice the clasp hadn't been closed properly and I looked down at my wrist and it was gone. I panicked for quite a few minutes, went to get the phone out of my bag to call my husband so he could look in the car and found it in my bag, couldn't believe my luck! Phew! Now I double check that the clasp is closed. Also, I just love the jewellery box, one of my favourite charms. Another favourite, the two-tone Eiffel Tower and the Unicorn. Do you all have a favourite charm or Murano?
View attachment 3769295 View attachment 3769296
View attachment 3769302

Lovely bracelet and the murano you've chosen really sets off the gold tones. I haven't seen that one before.

Hi, I haven't been on for a few days so I didn't get to answer about the Pixie charm but I got it at Rue La La and love it, it's so cute. As you've seen they do ship internationally now. For shipping to cost around US $10 you have to spend a minimum, I think it's US $100. I'm in Australia and I've ordered from them a few times, both to Australian and US addresses, and it has always gone off without a hitch until this last order. They cancelled my last order of 6 charms and wouldn't tell me why until I wrote to them twice and then said it was because one charm was out stock. I still don't understand why they couldn't ship the other 5 but it might have something to do with the international shipping. I was looking forward to getting some retired Xmas charms to join the Holly murano I bought at the last sale and 3 essence charms but it wasn't meant to be. Not too upset just a bit disappointed because the price were really good.

Also congrats on your baby girl! I had never liked pink but my second child was a girl with no hair so I kind of had to dress her in pink so people wouldn't call her a boy all the time. Funnily enough, even when dressed in pink some people still referred to her as a 'he'! Now I actually want to start a pink bracelet and have bought the oxidised silver one in the last sale and I want to start it off with the Pink field of flower murano.
I just looked at the picture of your collection a few pages back and it's amazing! I envy you some of those beautiful classic silver pieces. How lucky that you were able to buy them back then. I'm not a fan of all the pave used now, using it here and there would be all right, but there's not that much variety, it seems like almost all the new charms are way too blingy and thus, much more expensive.
The two-tone signature bracelet is also on my wish list to house my two-tone bracelet which is still a work in progress. I'll try to post some pics of it tomorrow.

The Rue La La sale is on again and I ordered the Pixie charm - thanks so much for the tip! Shame your last order didn't work out; were you not able to reorder minus the discontinued charm?

People can be so silly when it comes to children's gender. My firstborn son used to have rosy cheeks and curls and people forever assumed he was a girl despite wearing obviously boyish clothes :rolleyes:

Yes,I'm not a fan of many of the collections; it's quite amazing how much Pandora has changed direction over four years. You wouldn't think it's the same company that's producing the mass market pieces now vs the more designed arty pieces of the past. There are still nice items to be had, but not enough variety as you say, and if you are not into sparkle, there's hardly anything. But the stores seem to be as busy as ever so it must have been a profitable decision. In the meantime I will focus on collecting as many discontinued old school pieces as I can before they're gone forever.

Reactions: Missydora
I can't remember if I ever posted this photo. Love the radiant hearts charm, especially when can see lots of little hearts inside the main crystal. View attachment 3775306
Oh wow gorgeous! I don't think I saw that one before. Love how the gold reflects on to the shiny surface of the bangles, and I didn't know the hearts are visible in the crystal of the Radiant Hearts charm. Perhaps I should have gotten that one instead of the Radiant Splendour.
My pink bracelet is a cpl of pages back but here's a picture. It's amazing; my blush muranos almost look like they might be different beads to yours taken in that light; yours are a lot more purple-ish. There's no doubt that those blush muranos look fantastic with gold, so I might try to combine this way at some point with my existing beads and see what happens.

Attachments

• IMG_5716.JPG
    IMG_5716.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_5717.JPG
    IMG_5717.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_5719.JPG
    IMG_5719.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 356
Oh wow gorgeous! I don't think I saw that one before. Love how the gold reflects on to the shiny surface of the bangles, and I didn't know the hearts are visible in the crystal of the Radiant Hearts charm. Perhaps I should have gotten that one instead of the Radiant Splendour.
My pink bracelet is a cpl of pages back but here's a picture. It's amazing; my blush muranos almost look like they might be different beads to yours taken in that light; yours are a lot more purple-ish. There's no doubt that those blush muranos look fantastic with gold, so I might try to combine this way at some point with my existing beads and see what happens.
My blush muranoes look like yours if I use camera flash on the photos and at night time. It takes on a different colour in sunlight. That's why I love them.
But they do go particularly well with gold charms too. They look really nice the way you have done it with a bit of sparkle from the radiant splendour. I actually wanted both version, at the time they only had radiant heart in the store and never got round to getting the radiant splendour. I really like that charm it's got that 1930's glamour to it. I really like that vintage edge it has.

My blush muranoes look like yours if I use camera flash on the photos and at night time. It takes on a different colour in sunlight. That's why I love them.
But they do go particularly well with gold charms too. They look really nice the way you have done it with a bit of sparkle from the radiant splendour. I actually wanted both version, at the time they only had radiant heart in the store and never got round to getting the radiant splendour. I really like that charm it's got that 1930's glamour to it. I really like that vintage edge it has.

Yes, the pictures I posted were taken with flash at night; it is true that they look different in the daylight.
The radiant splendour might still be available in the outlet section of Pandora.net at the sale price, I know they had some left over a week or so ago.

Yes, the pictures I posted were taken with flash at night; it is true that they look different in the daylight.
The radiant splendour might still be available in the outlet section of Pandora.net at the sale price, I know they had some left over a week or so ago.
Thanks for links. I just had a nosy :sad: non left. Can't believe it went down to £29 from £60 as well. There's some bargain two tones left £25 for heart& lock I'm sure I paid a lot more for mine. Something like £65 . So tempted with some of the outlet stuff but then if I spend £125 from there not going to get free bracelet:biggrin: . Going to have a look at any new stuff that might catch my eye.