William and Catherine, Prince and Princess of Wales

Only skinny jeans at casual engagements. The queen reportedly doesn’t like pants on women at royal occasions so I’ve been surprised to see Meghan wearing them. I’ve often thought Kate would look great in a paint suit being so tall.
I wonder what "rules" they will maintain and eliminate once the Queen passes. Pant suits can be so fashionable and functional especially at some of the events that require them to be constantly moving. I can understand no pants for formal occasions but seems like a garden party is a perfect event to have on a pair of slacks or well tailored pant.

Reactions: Hobbsy
Only skinny jeans at casual engagements. The queen reportedly doesn’t like pants on women at royal occasions so I’ve been surprised to see Meghan wearing them. I’ve often thought Kate would look great in a paint suit being so tall.

That actually isn't true. The Queen doesn't impose such rules on the family and it is actually been known for many years that she doesn't really care what they wear as long as they are presentable. The Queen is known to think that those things are trivial and she doesn't put much thought into what the other family members are wearing. Kate personally seems to prefer dresses and skirts for when she is on duty ( She is the patron of Wimbledon and was there on official duty not only to watch the match).

I wonder what "rules" they will maintain and eliminate once the Queen passes. Pant suits can be so fashionable and functional especially at some of the events that require them to be constantly moving. I can understand no pants for formal occasions but seems like a garden party is a perfect event to have on a pair of slacks or well tailored pant.

They are not as many rules to what they can and cannot wear that people seem to think they are. They are just a lot personal preferences and made up and projected rules that people put out there. There isn't any rule stating Kate cant wear pantsuits, other members of the family wear them on occasion. Kate seems to just prefer dresses and skirts when she is on duty ( She was on duty as the patron of Wimbledon, She took over from the Queen in 2016).