Mansur Gavriel The MG LADY BAG Thread – post pics, ask questions, and chat about the Lady!

Hi, everyone! Reading this thread made me really want a lady bag in black/flammable or black//dolly. However, I cannot decide on what size will look best on my frame. I'm planning to wear it during weekends and sometimes for work. For reference, I'm 5'2 and the bags that usually fit my frame best is Celine micro luggage, givenchy small antigona and Louis Vuitton speedy 35. So, I'm really confused if I should get the mini lady or the lady bag as I cannot see the bag in person.
Comments and opinions are greatly appreciated. ☺️

Hello! Another 5' 2" lady here (why are there so many of us here, haha!). The regular lady isn't too overwhelming on me, the mini would probably look slightlyyyy more proportional but for work the regular would be a better option because it can fit more :smile:

I posted a photo of myself carrying the bag a few pages back, it should help for size reference!

Hi!
I got a mini lady bag for my birthday exactly 10 days ago, and I love love love it! However, after 10 days of use, stitching on the little loop on front is already coming loose, see image below:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
It does get a lot of use - I probably thread the straps through the loop 10x a day bc I'm paranoid about keeping the bag closed - but I'm still VERY surprised to see this happening only 10 days into using this bag. It's the first "grown up bag" (read: $$$) I've ever owned and I assumed that meant these bags are built to last - but maybe not?

Has anyone else experienced weakness with this part of the lady bag? Not sure if this is something worthy of contacting customer service about (also, whether that would be MG's customer service or Barneys where my husband got the bag)

Thanks!

Hi!
I got a mini lady bag for my birthday exactly 10 days ago, and I love love love it! However, after 10 days of use, stitching on the little loop on front is already coming loose, see image below:
View attachment 3461275
View attachment 3461277
It does get a lot of use - I probably thread the straps through the loop 10x a day bc I'm paranoid about keeping the bag closed - but I'm still VERY surprised to see this happening only 10 days into using this bag. It's the first "grown up bag" (read: $$$) I've ever owned and I assumed that meant these bags are built to last - but maybe not?

Has anyone else experienced weakness with this part of the lady bag? Not sure if this is something worthy of contacting customer service about (also, whether that would be MG's customer service or Barneys where my husband got the bag)

Thanks!

I've used my mini lady regularly for the last ~6 months since I got it, and I am also paranoid about threading the straps through the loop (I think it looks better haha!). I haven't had any issues with the stitching at all.

It's definitely worth contacting customer service about. A $1k bag should definitely be built to last!

i am confused which color to get if black or cammello. i like both but have only money for one...which would you suggest?
I have the black because I figured it would get less scratched looking. I still have not worn it yet though !
I have a Camello bucket and the color is amazing but it does show scratches more and I was worried about the rain, so I made sure to have black bags too:smile:
They are both great, I know it's a hard decision:smile:)

Hi!
View attachment 3461275
View attachment 3461277

Thanks!
Very pretty bag! It's unfortunate the thread came loose just after 10 days of use. I believe you have to contact Barney's. Hope this gets resolved soon.