The JADE thread!

I definitely nephrite in all colors. Surprisingly, I have quite a bit of white nephrite but I wear the creamy white/ light celadon way more often. I think that’s what you call the color. The color of this necklace. I wear this from time to time but it’s heavy and cold lol ☺
Absolutely beautiful! It looks almost frosty? I saw one or two frosted (or better called it “flat) finish on nephrite from allaboutjade (etsy). The frost looks beautiful but I don’t know how it feels since nephrite is about feeling and handling. I like satin on nephrite-not a fan of high gloss unless it is very high quality green nephrite or blue tint (I still don’t think other shades of white and yellow nephrite would be as good in gloss but that is entirely my opinion!)

Reactions: Cyanide Rose
Absolutely beautiful! It looks almost frosty? I saw one or two frosted (or better called it “flat) finish on nephrite from allaboutjade (etsy). The frost looks beautiful but I don’t know how it feels since nephrite is about feeling and handling. I like satin on nephrite-not a fan of high gloss unless it is very high quality green nephrite or blue tint (I still don’t think other shades of white and yellow nephrite would be as good in gloss but that is entirely my opinion!)
I agree with you I do not like a gloss or polish on most colors of nephrite. I was trying to find beads to match my everyday nephrite bangle and I found some close in color but they are polished. Not I’m trying to figure out a way to unpolish them.

The necklace is pretty translucent and looks a bit different depending on lighting. The beads aren’t polished, thank goodness. We haven’t had much sun is quite some time but I added a few pictures in the little light we have. I thought about restringing it to make it a bit lighter weight but I really hate restringing because I’m too picky and I will do it over again until it’s right LOL.

Attachments

• 8200DBD4-84E7-4C9F-AFC7-732E60691D8F.jpeg
    8200DBD4-84E7-4C9F-AFC7-732E60691D8F.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 11BFE884-9FA9-4D57-BD8B-4084B2FC37C0.jpeg
    11BFE884-9FA9-4D57-BD8B-4084B2FC37C0.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 10
  • B8F5FA01-AF17-476B-B9C6-1E99C44F09D5.jpeg
    B8F5FA01-AF17-476B-B9C6-1E99C44F09D5.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 9
So while waiting in traffic in a down-poured rain, I took a shot of my new (and first) bangle from gojade. Happy with the soft green as it looks very close to colors in the listing. It is number 124th jade bangle or named as Lil bat since I can’t think of any better name than the one bat on its design! . I need to add 6 more.
View attachment 5134881
This is a beautiful bangle I love the soft tone it has, makes me think of mint. I almost purchased one similar a couple of years ago for my birthday, but went with a different bangle. Congrats on finding that beauty ☺️

I agree with you I do not like a gloss or polish on most colors of nephrite. I was trying to find beads to match my everyday nephrite bangle and I found some close in color but they are polished. Not I’m trying to figure out a way to unpolish them.

The necklace is pretty translucent and looks a bit different depending on lighting. The beads aren’t polished, thank goodness. We haven’t had much sun is quite some time but I added a few pictures in the little light we have. I thought about restringing it to make it a bit lighter weight but I really hate restringing because I’m too picky and I will do it over again until it’s right LOL.
I have 4-5 bangles that I had to monkey with to decorate with silver pieces or to glue pieces together. After each project, I usually had to sand the glue off with some abrasive sand paper. That would take off glue but it left my jade in satin finish instead of its original high gloss on the spots I sanded off. Recommend using only 2000 grit paper first and work it down to 800 grit before using 600 grits. If you jump right to 600 grits first, it may give you “too satin to your liking”. Or you can send it out to Allan from jade divers on etsy or several other jade artists who make their own jade beads and pendants. I use his polishing service to improve my satin looking jadeite back to its high gloss and I was pleased with the service

I have 4-5 bangles that I had to monkey with to decorate with silver pieces or to glue pieces together. After each project, I usually had to sand the glue off with some abrasive sand paper. That would take off glue but it left my jade in satin finish instead of its original high gloss on the spots I sanded off. Recommend using only 2000 grit paper first and work it down to 800 grit before using 600 grits. If you jump right to 600 grits first, it may give you “too satin to your liking”. Or you can send it out to Allan from jade divers on etsy or several other jade artists who make their own jade beads and pendants. I use his polishing service to improve my satin looking jadeite back to its high gloss and I was pleased with the service
I am definitely going to try something soon. I have Diamond paste is several different grits that I think I will try with my dremel. They only polished the beads on top for some reason. The sides have none, so I can use them as my guide in a way. They are a bit bigger than I would like but it’s all I could find :smile:

8548E36F-E075-49C6-BD8B-BAF196B05EAC.jpeg

So while waiting in traffic in a down-poured rain, I took a shot of my new (and first) bangle from gojade. Happy with the soft green as it looks very close to colors in the listing. It is number 124th jade bangle or named as Lil bat since I can’t think of any better name than the one bat on its design! . I need to add 6 more.
View attachment 5134881

This is very minty green and pretty . The carving looks very intricate .

So pretty! I adore carved bangles and the color on this is so relaxing. Bats are my fave. I think most of my carved bangles have a bat.

I am definitely going to try something soon. I have Diamond paste is several different grits that I think I will try with my dremel. They only polished the beads on top for some reason. The sides have none, so I can use them as my guide in a way. They are a bit bigger than I would like but it’s all I could find :smile:

Pretty creamy color. I like the gloss and glassiness of jadeite but nehprite usually makes me think of food -- which is good too!

Left it at the local SG gemologist for a week since they were busy . Collected it back only yesterday

Beautiful!

View attachment 5134993
Not trying to persuade you out of your mini project, but your current look of these beads and bangle is enough to turn heads! Do they come from the same slab? Those beads are going to be difficult to judge (whether one bead is matched to the next and across all beads).

Reactions: Cyanide Rose
Not trying to persuade you out of your mini project, but your current look of these beads and bangle is enough to turn heads! Do they come from the same slab? Those beads are going to be difficult to judge (whether one bead is matched to the next and across all beads).
It’s ok :smile: I had to take the bracelet apart because it was too big, so now I’m trying different bead combinations because the little wooden beads bleed an orange color when wet. I wash my hands to death, so they have to be changed out. The nephrite beads all match pretty well and I will make earrings with the two extra beads. The replacement beads I am thinking of using are not polished and it’s a really nice contrast, so I’m going to leave then alone for now ☺

Reactions: Bagatha Christie