The JADE thread!

Thanks !

The bangle is from HK . My family in HK got it from their private seller :smile: . We have a family home in HK but are Singaporeans . Just got it certified today . I posted the cert up earlier ?

How is your LH jade exchange ? If you want to exchange , u can go to LH at Raffles place , and see if Joey is around. Me and a couple of Tpf-Er have bought jade from LH before and she’s rather nice and will explain and help with opinions selecting bangles .
I actually got it from her hehe. But I think the other staff at Chinatown Point was better in explaining about the qualities of jade, and translucency vs colour, which is great for total newbies. Joey and Jack at Raffles City are v great as well.

On a side note, this is such a pretty bangle. https://www.etsy.com/sg-en/listing/...grade-a-jadeite?ref=shop_home_active_25&frs=1

Haven’t even got mine sorted out but I’m lusting after another bangle alr. :amazed:

Reactions: berniechocolate
Thanks for the recommendation. I did went to both shops and check out previously. They have nice modern designs but bangles varieties are limited..I'm more attracted to intense colour and translucent jadeite bangles. Haha..
I went to Gen K first. But their prices for bangles start from $2k onwards... Am not sure about the quality of their bangles hence I went to LH to get mine. :smile:

Come visit Toronto - you’ll see jade being worn [emoji6]
I’m sure your nephrite glints beautifully under bright sun. [emoji41] I just love the inner glow of nephrite and the buttery appearance.

Thanks 2B! It sounds like a great place to be. I really do need to visit, I have always wanted to. Gotta put that on my bucket list for sure. I have heard that they have some nice places to purchase jade there. It would be really nice to actually physically shop at a store that has jade [emoji4] Stalk that store too lol.

Reactions: 2boys_jademommy
I like to look at it while waiting for the traffic light to turn green . [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1] now I actually check out cashiers or ladies who wear bangles if I come across them . My hubby calls me “ jade stalker”[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Where are u from ? In Singapore where I m. Because there a lot of chinese , it’s fairly common to see ladies wear jade bangle . But usually the older ones would . It’s a mirror of the chinese culture . But it’s picking up with the younger generation too . I am seeing younger ladies wear jade as well :smile:
Yes! That's what I did too, admiring it under sunlight while waiting for the traffic lights to turn green. Lol! Jade lovers syndrome! I'm from Singapore. Btw, can you share how much u got for your icy bangle?

T
I think we all have a lil’ jade starker in us [emoji6] I never see anyone wearing jade. I took a couple bangles that didn’t fit to my friends consignment shop and they sold very quickly ($50). I go there a lot and still haven’t come across any of the buyers. I did see someone wearing a ruby ring I consigned with her, but I didn’t say anything [emoji16]

Nephrite question, my fleur kinda glints in sunlight. Has anyone had that happen with their jade before? I thought it was my diamond ring but it was the bangle. It was pretty cool but surprised me a bit [emoji4]

Better picture in the sun [emoji173]️View attachment 4413326
This is cool bangle!

Reactions: Cyanide Rose
Yes! That's what I did too, admiring it under sunlight while waiting for the traffic lights to turn green. Lol! Jade lovers syndrome! I'm from Singapore. Btw, can you share how much u got for your icy bangle?
Taken by my hubby when I sent him for work this morning!

Attachments

• 20190425_103027.jpg
    20190425_103027.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 119
Dragon Tracks came in the mail today. :heart::heart::heart: her!

Blue green and black pattern just like the pictures, and I think I am keeping the name. There are a lot of those white lines that people were looking at for cracks before and a couple of lines I can actually feel with my fingernail. I think the seller should have disclosed these, but I am fine with it for the price and it doesn't matter anyway because she is staying.

The energy of jade is amazing. When I put her on, I felt instantly and powerfully protected. I will try to get more pics of the lines.
IMG_20190424_193912.jpg

s-l1600.jpg