Scarves ........ The Hermès Spring/Summer 2020 Scarves..........

I have that one, and kept wondering why nobody liked it!
I think Hermès did this cw a huge disservice by using that terrible photo. But from the name of the cw ("Blanc/Corail" and not "Grey/Red") I thought I might like it. It just took me quite some time to actually get my hands on it. I was even told by the Hermès customer service of my country that it was practically sold out in all of Europe. And then, all of a sudden, the Hermès store next to my hometown had it in stock. So maybe it was not a question of not liking it but a question of not being able to track it down. It was definitely sold out very quickly online in my country – just like the rest of the cws.

My dear Scarvies...

Upon the reopening of my store, i was able to pick up my favourite cw of Della Cavalleria Favolosa. However, upon closer inspection, I can see a little black mark in a corner area, which seems to be in the fabric, or something as it can be seen from both sides. It is more dominant on the blue/black side than the colourful one. Ohh, the peril of white... It is also in a corner area - if it were towards the centre, I would be far less concerned.

My question is - is it enough of a flaw that I take it back and exchange it or is it minor and I should just live with it?

Your opinions are much appreciated.14BC3C21-CDEE-47BC-B28A-88CCF61AC827.jpegBDA1A80F-8538-453E-B1A6-EC810A7EF894.jpeg

Reactions: monteverdi
My dear Scarvies...

Upon the reopening of my store, i was able to pick up my favourite cw of Della Cavalleria Favolosa. However, upon closer inspection, I can see a little black mark in a corner area, which seems to be in the fabric, or something as it can be seen from both sides. It is more dominant on the blue/black side than the colourful one. Ohh, the peril of white... It is also in a corner area - if it were towards the centre, I would be far less concerned.

My question is - is it enough of a flaw that I take it back and exchange it or is it minor and I should just live with it?

Your opinions are much appreciated.View attachment 4769211View attachment 4769212

It would bother me if I was you. I would return it/exchange it for a perfect one.

Reactions: mimi 123
It would bother me if I was you. I would return it/exchange it for a perfect one.
Thank you for your opinion @mktlimI think I will exchange it the next time I visit H. It is quite minor but has the power to drive me crazy.

I enlarged it on my iPad and it looks like a tiny thread woven in. It wouldn’t bother me.

Thank you for scrutinising and diagnosing @Hermes Nuttynut! I wish that I could have your attitude as it is minor, but upon reflection, I think it would bother me and I’d end up not wearing it or something.

Thank you for your opinion @mktlimI think I will exchange it the next time I visit H. It is quite minor but has the power to drive me crazy.

Thank you for scrutinising and diagnosing @Hermes Nuttynut! I wish that I could have your attitude as it is minor, but upon reflection, I think it would bother me and I’d end up not wearing it or something.

I understand how it would bother you. I might feel different if it were mine! ;)

Reactions: romily
My dear Scarvies...

Your opinions are much appreciated.View attachment 4769211View attachment 4769212
I would exchange it.

Reactions: romily
Oh. My. God.

They've just updated the scarves and shawls on the U.S. web site. There's a huge variety of CWs that weren't available previously, mostly from the Spring/Summer collection but there are also many from older collections. Including Act III, Mountain Zebra, Baobab Cat, etc.
Oooh, thanks for the tip. Plumes en Fete will be mine at last :smile: