The Covetable Coussin Club

I have scoured the LV forum and can’t find any advice regarding leather conditioner use and frequency with LV lambskin. I know that empriente is pretty sturdy and does not need much in the way of this type of care in mid-humidity environments, but I am not sure about lambskin. My camel coussin and black speedy 22 seem like there is some sort of sheen coating, so I don’t want to send it sticky by using apple brand conditioner unnecessarily. But my pink coussin seems like a flatter finish on the leather and somehow feels drier. So I am wondering what everyone is doing to look after their beauties, and how often? Pic for attention - pink coussin with speedy 22 chain :heart:
View attachment 5277215
Idk if anyone answered but I use a clean new microfiber cloth with Apple leather care conditioner on my color Chanel lambskin to release the wrinkles and moisturize. None of the color has ever come off. I’ve used a variety of leather conditioners that are more expensive and use mink oils and are more exotic and so on but the Apple brand is the lightest and most easily absorbed. I know some time has passed so I hope you and your bag are doing well.

Idk if anyone answered but I use a clean new microfiber cloth with Apple leather care conditioner on my color Chanel lambskin to release the wrinkles and moisturize. None of the color has ever come off. I’ve used a variety of leather conditioners that are more expensive and use mink oils and are more exotic and so on but the Apple brand is the lightest and most easily absorbed. I know some time has passed so I hope you and your bag are doing well.
Thank you thank you for sharing! I have not treated them yet, but I think I am going to give them some Apple brand love as the air this winter has been pretty dry and I am sure they are “thirsty”. Chanel lambskin is beautiful - enjoy your pieces! I keep lusting over the small business affinity :heart: .

Reactions: juju2016
Thank you thank you for sharing! I have not treated them yet, but I think I am going to give them some Apple brand love as the air this winter has been pretty dry and I am sure they are “thirsty”. Chanel lambskin is beautiful - enjoy your pieces! I keep lusting over the small business affinity :heart: .
Sure! Just a tip. If your lambskin has some wrinkles, fold some socks and stuff the area (not super tight but enough to support the leather) and then condition and leave the socks in over night. This will help relax the wrinkles. Mmm the small business affinity is all class.

I just made this pink coussin unboxing video I actually think the bag is good love the gold chain, crossbody, emprente lambskin, but I hate the accordion shape in the center of it and for that reason I may return it

I just made this pink coussin unboxing video I actually think the bag is good love the gold chain, crossbody, emprente lambskin, but I hate the accordion shape in the center of it and for that reason I may return it

Yeah I went with the pochette for the same reason I’m petite and the accordion expanding outwards from my body was not the look I wanted.

Reactions: juju2016 and rose80

That was my issue as well and I sold. Such a chain. Makes me wish I would have bought the small / non accordion size in the camel instead and before the price hikes!

That was my issue as well and I sold. Such a chain. Makes me wish I would have bought the small / non accordion size in the camel instead and before the price hikes!
Its hard because the resales of these bags are in the plus 1000 dollars. I only have mine because I got lucky with a seller on eBay that bought both the pochette and pm and decided on only keeping the pm. She was very generous in accepting my offer and having it authenticated by eBay. In any case it’s very important that the bag looks good on your frame. We don’t want to look like the bags wearing us!

Reactions: rose80
I keep looking at it and thinking about returning it. The chain strap slips off my shoulder and I’m not crazy for the fabric strap I’m worried I’ll get it dirty. I love it from the front but not the side. this bag is not light. I feel like I’m walking around with a ton of excess leather fabric.

Another problem arising is I want it in white. I know it makes no sense as I don’t like the accordion shape. I just might exchange my pink for the white one. I love pink everything but I actually prefer the white on this bag.

I keep looking at it and thinking about returning it. The chain strap slips off my shoulder and I’m not crazy for the fabric strap I’m worried I’ll get it dirty. I love it from the front but not the side. this bag is not light. I feel like I’m walking around with a ton of excess leather fabric.

Another problem arising is I want it in white. I know it makes no sense as I don’t like the accordion shape. I just might exchange my pink for the white one. I love pink everything but I actually prefer the white on this bag.
Interesting. Yesterday I went in to pick up a never full and tried on the coussin in white. Its very pretty but too high maintenance for me and too big for me. The pic bellow shows what I mean about it extending out. I wouldn't want to scratch it on a wall or something. I'm 5'3" 115 lbs.
I don't find the seatbelt strap flattering either. The gold chain is also too big for me.
coussinB.jpg

coussin A.jpg

coussin C.jpg

it looks good on you! I would just adjust the strap shorter
Interesting. Yesterday I went in to pick up a never full and tried on the coussin in white. Its very pretty but too high maintenance for me and too big for me. The pic bellow shows what I mean about it extending out. I wouldn't want to scratch it on a wall or something. I'm 5'3" 115 lbs.
I don't find the seatbelt strap flattering either. The gold chain is also too big for me.
View attachment 5322737

View attachment 5322738

View attachment 5322739

Reactions: GaladrielDelabois

I'm so tempted by this bag but something is stopping me and well now we have the big price increase.:shocked: I guess I also keep seeing how many of these are available on Fashionphile and it makes me think a lot of people buy it and then end up selling it.:confused1:

I'm so tempted by this bag but something is stopping me and well now we have the big price increase.:shocked: I guess I also keep seeing how many of these are available on Fashionphile and it makes me think a lot of people buy it and then end up selling it.:confused1:
People buy and post all bags on Fashionphile. That’s not a marker of customer satisfaction. Look at how many Pochette Métis bags are in there and that’s clearly a fan favorite