~*~ the CHANEL BOY thread! ~*~

Hello ladies!

I've been wanting a boy bag for quite some time now and I started looking at shops in hongkong and japan for one recently. The exact one I want is old medium in chevron, black and gold hardware and I got a message from an SA that they have a chevron boy bag in black in the size I want but they only have it in ruthenium hardware. I'm slightly not into this hardware which is why I'm having second thoughts but knowing that this bag is very hard to get by is also making me hard to decide whether to get it or not

This will be my first Chanel bag and my grandfather's getting it for me as a graduation present so I really want it to be something that I will use forever and not get tired of.

Your thoughts please?

E77F4B39-82BA-4343-BE21-7152E772DFB3.jpeg 90A96BDC-F304-47FE-AAAA-F3DE8B67C91B.jpeg Hi everyone! I have a question on Chanel Cordoba from the 2014 dallas collection. I bought a bag from a friend and noticed its not black— it looks more like dark brown to me. Does this specific design had a dark brown colorway? Or did it fade? I checked online and theres two photos of brown in this design. Anyone please do let me know. Losing my mind because i already bought it Thanks! Uploading a photo for your reference.

Hello ladies!

I've been wanting a boy bag for quite some time now and I started looking at shops in hongkong and japan for one recently. The exact one I want is old medium in chevron, black and gold hardware and I got a message from an SA that they have a chevron boy bag in black in the size I want but they only have it in ruthenium hardware. I'm slightly not into this hardware which is why I'm having second thoughts but knowing that this bag is very hard to get by is also making me hard to decide whether to get it or not

This will be my first Chanel bag and my grandfather's getting it for me as a graduation present so I really want it to be something that I will use forever and not get tired of.

Your thoughts please?

Don’t settle...even if the bag is hard to come by. My unicorn was an OM black caviar Boy with shiny light gold hardware. I was told that i was being too picky and I’ll never find one. Well I waited and then it came along :smile:

Trust me...you don’t want to settle for a bag this expensive. You’ll always look at it and still pine for your dream combo.

Hello :smile:
As my friends are not that much into bags and I am considering getting a boy bag, may someone tell me which leather you prefer? Is calfskin durable? Thank you so much for your help- I love the community in this Forum and always read it on my way to work.

I prefer caviar. It is honestly so carefree to use and I have long nails which I have accidentally “scratched” against my bags a few times....I always get a mini heart attack but there’s been no scratches whatsoever (I’m very careful with my bags but these things happen!)

My next preference would be calfskin but I’ve seen some scratched up ones at the boutique from people manhandling them[emoji47]

Reactions: Avelinn
Hi! Does anyone have this 17k beige boy? I’m considering purchasing it over the phone, but wondering how the color is in real life—I know it’s hard to photograph nude beige bags. Tia!View attachment 4047849

Hi, I recently purchased the same bag and it is absolutely gorgeous in real life. Here are. Few pictures to help see the colour...IMG_8152.jpgIMG_8153.jpgIMG_8157.jpg

I love it! Did you make the plunge? X

View attachment 4092140 View attachment 4092141 Hi everyone! I have a question on Chanel Cordoba from the 2014 dallas collection. I bought a bag from a friend and noticed its not black— it looks more like dark brown to me. Does this specific design had a dark brown colorway? Or did it fade? I checked online and theres two photos of brown in this design. Anyone please do let me know. Losing my mind because i already bought it Thanks! Uploading a photo for your reference.
I don’t have the bag but remember his collection very well, since I live in Dallas the boutiques carried almost everything in the collection, the bag you have was dark brown, I want say I saw it in burgundy, too, but not black. The whole collection is meant to be western americana.

Hello ladies!

Your thoughts please?

Go in the store and try it out? If you wear a lot of black, grey, and neutral tone then ruthenium blends in very nicely with the clothing. I thought I wasn’t a fan of RHW as well but now I grab it a lot because it goes well with everything and very carefree (whereas you may get chipping with GHW over time)

Very disappointed with the quality of chanel bags. I got a grained calf, ruthenium hw few months back, got to run thru 6 of it to find a perfect, or rather acceptable to my standards.
Most common problem I find even on brand new ones are scuffings/peelings at the bottom. Sometimes random peeling at some spots. Has anyone have bad experience like me too?

Reactions: Evess
Hi guys!

I just bought this small calfskin boy with antique gold hardware yesterday from the boutique. I am keen to find out which season this is from! In Australia we are not given the tags and so I only have the item number from the receipt , it’s from the 26 series. Does anyone know what season this is from?

Thanks in advance!
Hi, beautiful bag! Where abouts in Australia did you buy from? X

Reactions: Susan1523