~*~ the CHANEL BOY thread! ~*~

Thank you for your kind reply.. Ok I'll PM you directly to get the info..
My Saks SA had that bag on May 19th but it has the top handle too. I'm not sure if she still has it but if you're interested, PM me for SA info.

Sorry, I'm new here, How to PM you? I already tried the conversation but it didn't work.. Can you guide me or sent me PM? Thanks

Reactions: cmadtmifyb0623
My new metallic calfskin Boy [emoji4]

IMG_1497015894.910596.jpg

I love it but the bag overall doesn't seem as sturdy as my black chevron Boy from 2 years ago. Both are calfskin but this my first metallic bag so not sure if the metallic treatment makes the leather softer or it's just this season's offerings that are like that?

Also the inside lining of my black Boy also seems sturdier and set more flush against the bag. The lining of this new one is more loosely set.

IMG_1497016295.365219.jpg

View attachment 3725313

I love it but the bag overall doesn't seem as sturdy as my black chevron Boy from 2 years ago. Both are calfskin but this my first metallic bag so not sure if the metallic treatment makes the leather softer or it's just this season's offerings that are like that?

Also the inside lining of my black Boy also seems sturdier and set more flush against the bag. The lining of this new one is more loosely set.

View attachment 3725315

Wow, beautiful bag! Would love to see shots of it under natural daylight :smile: Enjoy it!

I completely ageee, I feel like the Boys from a few seasons/couple of years ago were sturdier. In general I think my chevron Boy is more sturdy and well made than my classic quilted one. I love the Boy style so I'm actually in the market for another one, but so far I've passed on most of the Boys I've seen this past year as they seem a little thin and cave in at the top on the back of the flap. But that's just my experience.

:smile:

View attachment 3725313

View attachment 3725315

I love the hardware on you bag! I wish the black caviar boy comes in this type of hardware :smile: btw is your boy made in France or Italy?

My first Boy :heart: I've been on the hunt for the small caviar boy ghw for the past months and couple days ago, I walked into Chanel at SF Neiman Marcus in search of a new wallet. I'm in shock I got the chance to purchase this as I know the caviar boy always get sold out fast! I randomly asked the Sa and he was able to pull it up for me from the back which kind of caught me by surprise because I didn't even know they made caviar boy for pre-fall! After telling me that there was only one left and its probably not gonna be in store next time, I had to get it! The sa told me that they won't be making anymore small caviar boys in the fall? I have also noticed that the hardware is more matte than shiny for the 14A than 14C and the leather is more flat (less grained). Currently in love right now and can't stop looking at it.

Attachments

• IMG_3915.jpg
    IMG_3915.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 1,323
  • IMG_3908.jpg
    IMG_3908.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 1,332
My first Boy :heart: I've been on the hunt for the small caviar boy ghw for the past months and couple days ago, I walked into Chanel at SF Neiman Marcus in search of a new wallet. I'm in shock I got the chance to purchase this as I know the caviar boy always get sold out fast! I randomly asked the Sa and he was able to pull it up for me from the back which kind of caught me by surprise because I didn't even know they made caviar boy for pre-fall! After telling me that there was only one left and its probably not gonna be in store next time, I had to get it! The sa told me that they won't be making anymore small caviar boys in the fall? I have also noticed that the hardware is more matte than shiny for the 14A than 14C and the leather is more flat (less grained). Currently in love right now and can't stop looking at it.
Beautiful! Guess you can cross this off your wishlist now!

Wow, beautiful bag! Would love to see shots of it under natural daylight :smile: Enjoy it!

I completely ageee, I feel like the Boys from a few seasons/couple of years ago were sturdier. In general I think my chevron Boy is more sturdy and well made than my classic quilted one. I love the Boy style so I'm actually in the market for another one, but so far I've passed on most of the Boys I've seen this past year as they seem a little thin and cave in at the top on the back of the flap. But that's just my experience.

:smile:

My SA sent me a pic of the bag and I fell in love immediately and had already made up my mind to get it before seeing it IRL. TBH when I first saw it in person, I was surprised at how light and almost flimsy it felt. Visually it's a stunning bag but I have no regrets buying it but i can see where the comments about quality is coming from.

I love the hardware on you bag! I wish the black caviar boy comes in this type of hardware :smile: btw is your boy made in France or Italy?

Thanks, I love it too! (I don't do GHW well and only had silver, black and ruthenium HW in my collection, so really happy to be able to add this aged GHW.

It's made in France.

Congrats, so gorgeous and nothing beats a classic Boy IMO!! How much does the small Boy hold compared to an old-medium? (I love the look of the small but I find my old-medium Boy just barely able to accommodate all my daily things.)