The beauty of MAX MARA coats...(photos please)

Enjoy wearing your new Madame coat! This coat in sand is absolutely stunning! If you could post some pictures here would be lovely.
I visited Edinburg this weekend and I the first thing I did was to go to the Max Mara store:smile:, the service there was actually great. I really loved the Madame in the lighter shades, I tried the Sand, Cacha, Camel and Tobacco. I wanted to see the Antracite and the Cacha scuro but they didn't have them in store. I also noticed a difference in the texture of the coats, the lighter shades felt a bit softer than the darker Tobacco. I was really tempted to get the Cacha, I think this was the colour that suited me most and I liked it a lot more on me than the black Madame, but since I just got the black Manuela, I decided to leave it for now:angel: The short Teddy jacket was also beautiful!
I'm going out later so I will definitely take some photos!

I've visited the Max Mara store in Vancouver (where I live) and the service has been really great every time. The only reason I bought it in Paris is because of the savings.

Is Cacha a limited edition colour? If so, you should grab it before it goes out of stock!

I have a bit of a silly question I haven’t been able to find the answer for on the internet…

I got the Manuela coat late last winter and saw the belt comes attached with 2 very thin strings to keep it in place. Am i supposed to cut those off? (similar to jacket vents?)

I saw some pictures on Instagram where the models have the belts hanging off which made me second guess myself. Thanks!

I have a bit of a silly question I haven’t been able to find the answer for on the internet…

I got the Manuela coat late last winter and saw the belt comes attached with 2 very thin strings to keep it in place. Am i supposed to cut those off? (similar to jacket vents?)

I saw some pictures on Instagram where the models have the belts hanging off which made me second guess myself. Thanks!
I have the Manuela too and I keep the two strings on. With those, I think the chance of me losing my belt is slimmer. Otherwise I would worry about when I’d need to check my coat etc and not getting my belt back!

The norm is to keep them on, but of course if you think you will not use the belt, you can cut them.

On belt loops as FYI...
A few years ago, I purchased a Max Mara coat in a size larger than my usual size as I wanted more room in the shoulders for layering. Naturally, the coat being larger, the belt loop was positioned a bit lower on me (e.g. bigger coat, lower loops) and the coat length too. Max Mara adjusted both the belt loop and shortened the coat length for free.

I like belt loops to lay at my natural waist. The belt loop position may end up higher for folks who down-size from the size they normally wear.

There is also a belt look inside the jacket, under the left arm hole. You can't miss it. It's a satin loop. It is meant to hold the belt.

Last edited:
I'm going out later so I will definitely take some photos!

I've visited the Max Mara store in Vancouver (where I live) and the service has been really great every time. The only reason I bought it in Paris is because of the savings.

Is Cacha a limited edition colour? If so, you should grab it before it goes out of stock!
I don’t know, I remember seeing Cacha last season but this season on Max Mara website, the one that looks like what they told me in the store was Cacha, is labelled as Beige (the cooler tone beige with dark buttons) so I don’t know if they have stock left from last season (which I doubt) or just the girl didn’t use the correct colour name
The one that they referred to as Sand, was the lightest beige with light coloured buttons.
I can’t wait to see your new coat on you

Reactions: pinkrose398
I don’t know, I remember seeing Cacha last season but this season on Max Mara website, the one that looks like what they told me in the store was Cacha, is labelled as Beige (the cooler tone beige with dark buttons) so I don’t know if they have stock left from last season (which I doubt) or just the girl didn’t use the correct colour name
The one that they referred to as Sand, was the lightest beige with light coloured buttons.
I can’t wait to see your new coat on you
Ah I see. I believe Beige is a regular season colour, it's slightly more cool-toned compared to the sand, which is my favourite of the two colours.

I also don't love the black buttons on the beige, I find the contrast to be too much.

I keep the belt loops on the coat. I think the reason they are so thin is that they let you keep the belt on your waist and not worry about losing it, but when you wear it belted, the loops aren't so visible.

On the 101801 coat where there are no loops, I actually prefer just to wear unbelted partially because I don't want to accidentally lose the belt.

Sharing some late photos of my new 101801 coat in sand! As I noted in my earlier post, I took my normal size - IT42/FR40/US8. It’s slightly oversized without drowning me.

I’ve been wearing it out recently and it’s surprisingly super warm. I always knew it was warm but I didn’t think it’d be as warm as a down jacket/parka when layered. I am very impressed with it.

I prefer to wear it without the belt because I am scared to lose the belt if I accidentally take it off outside. I also like that it looks more casual without the belt and more suitable for day to day wear. Overall I'm really happy with out based on the price I paid (about C$2,600 after the tax refund). It is an insane price at the Canadian regular retail price, at over C$5,000 after tax. I don't think I would pay regular price for it but at the Paris "discounted" price I'm very happy with it.

D822D591-B507-4965-BEE7-2AA7D71C0FED.jpeg318E0DEE-E80F-4ED2-9778-AF4F0AADB8FF.jpeg2CE1A77D-4F9A-4AAE-B023-92081F4C6E61.jpegA63180E8-4289-45EF-B473-AE224D06454B.jpeg

Sharing some late photos of my new 101801 coat in sand! As I noted in my earlier post, I took my normal size - IT42/FR40/US8. It’s slightly oversized without drowning me.

I’ve been wearing it out recently and it’s surprisingly super warm. I always knew it was warm but I didn’t think it’d be as warm as a down jacket/parka when layered. I am very impressed with it.

I prefer to wear it without the belt because I am scared to lose the belt if I accidentally take it off outside. I also like that it looks more casual without the belt and more suitable for day to day wear. Overall I'm really happy with out based on the price I paid (about C$2,600 after the tax refund). It is an insane price at the Canadian regular retail price, at over C$5,000 after tax. I don't think I would pay regular price for it but at the Paris "discounted" price I'm very happy with it.

View attachment 5651012View attachment 5651013View attachment 5651014View attachment 5651015
Looks gorgeous on you!
I love the color. On the belt, do you see a belt loop inside the coat under the left armhole?
The Manuela has one, and it’s to hang the belt if you are not using it. I would think your coat has a similar loop as well.

Plan B is you can always stuff it in one of the pockets.

I kind of like the Madame without the belt as the look is a slouchy loose oversized look.

I think it looks great on you the way you wear it and with the scarf too.

Congratulations again on your beautiful coat!

View attachment 5651012View attachment 5651013View attachment 5651014View attachment 5651015
The coat looks great on you! The size you chose is perfect and this colour is really beautiful❤️
I agree with you about the buttons though, the beige has almost black buttons and the contrast makes them stand out more than they should as with the sand, they just look right.

You mentioned that you were surprised how warm it was, do you think that the Madame is warmer than the Manuela?

Congrats on your new coat again, enjoy wearing it and
thank you for sharing

Reactions: pinkrose398

Love the sand color as well! With or without the belt it looks equally lovely. I agree with the o the poster above it might help to just keep the strap in your pocket if you are not using it. It comes in handy sometimes especially if it windy to keep cooler air out. Congrats!

So it has been unseasonally warm where I am but we are expecting chillier weather next week. Everyone thinks I am crazy but I am looking forward to it so I can finally wear my max Mara coat! It is still in its garment bag…for now. Photos will come soon….weather depending ;)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BigAkoya
I ordered a dark grey Teddy this weekend, it will arrive Tuesday! Will update this thread soon with more info.
I’ve got the grey teddy in xs and I absolutely love it! The colour is beautiful and it goes IMO with everything. I was debating between camel and grey but never for a second regretted choosing the grey
Still too warm here in UK for a Teddy but it really is great for the colder days.

Looking forward to see what you think about it when you receive it x

Reactions: baghagg