The Beautiful Bagatelle Bunch Club

Hello all. Well I bought my Bagatelle at the end of Sept. I used her the 1st month daily, then switched her out every few days after that with other bags depending on need.
Today I noticed that the glaze on the top, between the connecting seams has cracked in two areas and is begining to crack in the other 2 seams! So then i did a thorough inspection of the rest of the bag and found that theres glue melting and coming out of the seams at the base of the bag! Total WTF moment. Iv texted my SA, waiting to hear from her.
I've followed this thread and have not seen anyone post anythg similar to my issue about this particular bag. I'll post pics

Attachments

• 20170125_082110.jpeg
    20170125_082110.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 474
  • 20170125_082122.jpeg
    20170125_082122.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 483
  • 20170125_082558.jpeg
    20170125_082558.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 484
  • 20170125_082541.jpeg
    20170125_082541.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 484
  • 20170125_082622.jpeg
    20170125_082622.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 484
Take it back to the store they will be able to help you with this bag ,is so pricy to hace.issues already .lete know hun
My lovely SA checked with management and theyre allowing me to trade my bag in for something else. Im definitely getting another emp piece but im downsizing to somethg smaller. I have a few items I have a mind.
I loved the Bagatelle, but there was too much room in there for the little that I carry day to day. I had to stuff it with a book and extra cosmetic bag to fill her up. No other complaints on it. The straps were comfy, the side pockets kicked butt for keys and phone and the leather was divine.
Although on a side note, i noticed the leather in the top interior got that weird white stuff on it. I had no clue what it was until i saw another post on an emp speedy which its leather was drying or somethg was happening to it that it had a white residue. You could wipe off but it comes back. [emoji15] Thank you

This is such an underrated bag. I originally bought a Pochette Metis to celebrate my 40th birthday, but she was just too small. I really need a bag that I can throw stuff in to. So I decided to buy my first empreinte bag (preloved)and was down to a Metis Hobo (which I have in mono and love) and a Bagatelle. I am so glad I went with the Bagatelle. I got a great deal on her - almost 50% off and she is in mint condition with no glazing issues! I absolutely love her! [emoji7]IMG_1506019890.484896.jpgIMG_1506019903.964634.jpgIMG_1506019916.110176.jpg

Reactions: LVHeartsDesire
This is such an underrated bag. I originally bought a Pochette Metis to celebrate my 40th birthday, but she was just too small. I really need a bag that I can throw stuff in to. So I decided to buy my first empreinte bag (preloved)and was down to a Metis Hobo (which I have in mono and love) and a Bagatelle. I am so glad I went with the Bagatelle. I got a great deal on her - almost 50% off and she is in mint condition with no glazing issues! I absolutely love her! [emoji7]View attachment 3831114View attachment 3831116View attachment 3831117
Beautiful color! I have noir and agree this style is very underrated!

45F5D026-6569-41C8-9CDD-02EA5CC91F91.jpeg 07104552-78EC-4B09-8A55-F5B1E53109A9.jpeg Hi lovely Bagatelle lovers, would like to have your opinion. After reading an earlier post, I checked the glazing on my bag and found these cracks at different sections of the mouth of the bag. I had my bag in 2015 as a result of exchanging an Empreinte Speedy due to its melted glazing.
Are these cracks something to be concerned about? Do you think it’s a wear and tear issue or quality of the material? I live in a hot and humid country by the way and really wish that these issues with the Empreinte glazing would just go away! If I leave the bag as it is, would it get worse, ie. cracking and peeling of the glazing?
I so love the bag and want it looking pristine even after 10 years.

Appreciate your thoughts, thank you!

View attachment 3835095 View attachment 3835082 Hi lovely Bagatelle lovers, would like to have your opinion. After reading an earlier post, I checked the glazing on my bag and found these cracks at different sections of the mouth of the bag. I had my bag in 2015 as a result of exchanging an Empreinte Speedy due to its melted glazing.
Are these cracks something to be concerned about? Do you think it’s a wear and tear issue or quality of the material? I live in a hot and humid country by the way and really wish that these issues with the Empreinte glazing would just go away! If I leave the bag as it is, would it get worse, ie. cracking and peeling of the glazing?
I so love the bag and want it looking pristine even after 10 years.

Appreciate your thoughts, thank you!

Do you use it everyday? Because mine doesnt look like that but I dont use it everyday....but I throw it on the island stool when I dont use it, it is all crooked but no glazing issues so far...

Do you use it everyday? Because mine doesnt look like that but I dont use it everyday....but I throw it on the island stool when I dont use it, it is all crooked but no glazing issues so far...
Starting using it more frequently this year, alternating it every two - three weeks. Didn’t really look at the glaze until a post here highlighted the crack in the bag. Looked at mine and was horrified to see the fine cracks. Wondering if it’s classified as wear n tear?

Update on the cracking glaze...brought it in to LV and the kind SA recommended it for repair, which is full revarnishing. Am so glad to hear that cos I love this bag, especially the braided handle! Should receive it back in 2-3 months.:hbeat: LV.

Reactions: LVHeartsDesire
Update on the cracking glaze...brought it in to LV and the kind SA recommended it for repair, which is full revarnishing. Am so glad to hear that cos I love this bag, especially the braided handle! Should receive it back in 2-3 months.:hbeat: LV.

Wow, so it is really a manufacturing problem? Well at least you dont have to pay the repairs.

Hi
I’ve found a Bagatelle noir never used from 2015
I’ve never own an empreinte piece, only canvas bags.
I’d like to know from who have this bag or other empreinte bags how the quality is and how these kind of bags old up over time.
I’m little worried about the glazing issue.

Thank you for your feedback ;)