The Bbag Chat Room

Think they stopped making the WE in 2014, 2015? So it would only be a few years with the change.
I did do a search on this forum but was only able to find older WE's (prior to 2010.)
Looked on-line and found the "newer" ones on BragmyBag. They're not popular, (am so happy about the new version, City X-large with strap) so not easy to find pics of.
https://www.bragmybag.com/a-bit-larger-balenciaga-weekender-bag/
and another pic from Neiman http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Balenciaga-Classic-Weekender-Bag-Bleu-Mineral/prod151830252/p.prod
one more that sold on Yoogis https://www.yoogiscloset.com/balenciaga-anthracite-lambskin-leather-weekender-bag-45143.html
(pics of the newer ones are nearly impossible to find.. grrr)

I will say, you had me question my sanity for a few minutes. Was thinking, oh hell no, I did not get ripped off!! lol.. but no, they did change them, if only for a 4-5 seasons before they renamed it City X-large.
пожалуйста :flowers:

Ha! Thank you! You all have encouraged me to try to check into these RH "Two Stud," Weekenders. I've noticed they have been popping up once in a while, but haven't taken the time to decipher exactly which seasons. I'm pleased to know they seemed to start in F/W 2012, but would like to know for how many seasons they continued. I do know one thing for sure. Works and Weekenders have been being mixed up, when advertised for sale for ages, but because of the two stud WEs, it's gotten worse. While looking for two stud WE's, I just checked two bags on ebay described as Weekenders, only to see the style number for a Work on the inside tag. When a Weekender is lightly stuffed and photographed there's no mistaking it. The problem arises when people use stock photos of one or the other that are stuffed "solid." Can't see the amount of leather or comparative size at all when they do that. In those cases, I guess we just have to be careful to see tags and get reliable measurements.

Reactions: ksuromax
Has everyone seen the new thread "Your auction listings"? Seems we can now post links to bags and accessories we have for sale on eBay, etc.:yahoo:
I was surprised to see it. I have fixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I feel like it is safer to buy from fellow TPFers that we know and are friends with. Then again, any disputes/issues might result in awkwardness/bad feelings etc. Time will tell if this is a good idea or not.

I was surprised to see it. I have fixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I feel like it is safer to buy from fellow TPFers that we know and are friends with. Then again, any disputes/issues might result in awkwardness/bad feelings etc. Time will tell if this is a good idea or not.
I honestly think there's already a fair amount of buy/sell going on within members of the forum. IMHO this just makes it a little easier for us to find each other. I'm constantly seeing people referencing tPF on their eBay listings etc. This won't necessarily stop me from purchasing from non tPFers but it'll be nice to see what other members are posting. I do suspect that tPF members will be a bit more meticulous about mentioning any issues as they're far more attuned to what constitutes an issue for most of us. Anyways we'll see how it goes!

Hi there.. I am somewhat new in Purse Forum. My membership came about when I needed help on a Michael Kors Tangerine Naomi satchel that was posted in our local site called OLX. I decided to join today in the Balenciaga group to ask if any of you know the meaning of "authentic overruns" as per one seller of this gray Balenciaga City posted more than a month ago in Ebay. You see I bought this bag fr her without knowing much about the bag's bkground. I've been reading a lot about it including some blogs. Unfortunately, the authenticity card that came with it does not match the back of the tag. The bag is a city Metallic Edge with regular hardware. Have I been duped? Hoping for reply from you all who are more knowledgeable or experts on Bal bags.

Attachments

• zcamera-20170723_174605.jpg
    zcamera-20170723_174605.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 110
  • zcamera-20170723_174022.jpg
    zcamera-20170723_174022.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 118
Hi there.. I am somewhat new in Purse Forum. My membership came about when I needed help on a Michael Kors Tangerine Naomi satchel that was posted in our local site called OLX. I decided to join today in the Balenciaga group to ask if any of you know the meaning of "authentic overruns" as per one seller of this gray Balenciaga City posted more than a month ago in Ebay. You see I bought this bag fr her without knowing much about the bag's bkground. I've been reading a lot about it including some blogs. Unfortunately, the authenticity card that came with it does not match the back of the tag. The bag is a city Metallic Edge with regular hardware. Have I been duped? Hoping for reply from you all who are more knowledgeable or experts on Bal bags.
Hi and welcome. There's a specific thread for authentication (see links below for pics needed and authentication thread). Bases on the two pics you've posted I'd say it's not authentic. Neither the code on the tag nor the one on the paper tag are for a metal edge City. A leather tag with the letter "T" would be for a S/S 2008 bag while the paper tag states S/S 2012. Several points on the leather tag are incorrect. Feel free to post all of the required pics but I don't think the answer will change, sorry!

Hi and welcome. There's a specific thread for authentication (see links below for pics needed and authentication thread). Bases on the two pics you've posted I'd say it's not authentic. Neither the code on the tag nor the one on the paper tag are for a metal edge City. A leather tag with the letter "T" would be for a S/S 2008 bag while the paper tag states S/S 2012. Several points on the leather tag are incorrect. Feel free to post all of the required pics but I don't think the answer will change, sorry!
Muchstuff, thank you so much for the response. Deeply appreciate it. :smile:

I honestly think there's already a fair amount of buy/sell going on within members of the forum. IMHO this just makes it a little easier for us to find each other. I'm constantly seeing people referencing tPF on their eBay listings etc. This won't necessarily stop me from purchasing from non tPFers but it'll be nice to see what other members are posting. I do suspect that tPF members will be a bit more meticulous about mentioning any issues as they're far more attuned to what constitutes an issue for most of us. Anyways we'll see how it goes!
Hi Muchstuff I think it's a great idea... The rules say you can bump your listing every day if you like? Do you have any idea how I do this , just to keep my bags for sale "up there" xx

Hi Muchstuff I think it's a great idea... The rules say you can bump your listing every day if you like? Do you have any idea how I do this , just to keep my bags for sale "up there" xx
All I did was go to my post and type in the word bump. It takes that as a new comment and your post goes to the top of the list.

Hi Muchstuff
Thank you for your help but I can't work out how to do it?? I'm so useless on this iPad and even worse on a laptop... Lol
I find this "not so new now" website very difficult to get around and tbh it takes me a while to even find the new selling thread,but once I have I can't seem to work out how or where to write "bump". Any help would be appreciated as I really need to sell quite a few of my bag collection,they never get used due to having too many!! I find I'm not out and about as much and never get the chance to take them out.
Thinking of selling my Rouge Theatre City too!! I searched for one in brand new condition for years as you know and after finally finding one...Have never carried her...Very sad.