The Bbag Chat Room

perhaps they are just listing it as new because it is in new condition and unworn. it doesn't mean it is a new color necessarily. many resale sites have old seasons they list as new

On the website I saw was the new sales section which is not owned by anyone before, just like net-a-porter or Farfetch these websites, they do have second hand section separated with wether used or unused items they are labeled out.

Recently I just purchased a mini ME city in Bordeaux color(that's what it stated in the description), it's still on its way so I can't check the color on the label to confirm it, so I've checked the bal reference library here which the Bordeaux was out in 2005, and the metallic edge style was just released few years back, so Balenciaga does mix old color with newer version style or it just didn't make sense to me. I went to check net-a-porter, they happened to have a "similar" color and same style for sale, the color described there as "Rouge Lie De Vin". Do you think Reebonz mislabeled it and they are the same bag but in different lighting? The first one is from Net-A-Porter, the second one is from Reebonz.
IMG_1493004223.543336.jpg IMG_1493004240.223827.jpg
Hope any of you Bal girls can answer my curiosity. Thanks.

I am confused about the seasonal color bags that are sold on luxury goods website. I know those websites other than balenciaga official website sell black and other classic color, and the seasonal color only comes in one season than gone, that's why it made those particular color more special, but why do I still see some first hand brand new "old" color still be sold on Reebonz? Is it possible? Or I've totally misunderstood the season color stuff?

I have noticed over the years that Reebonz has available brand new items in both current & past year colours. It has made me wonder at times where some of their stock comes from since some of it is definitely not current.

This Bal City from 2005 in blue is just too gorgeous for words. And pristine, unused...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Balenciaga-...452703?hash=item238348f7df:g:Lm8AAOSwWWxZAWOi

Should probably have posted this on the Finds thread but I couldn't post without commenting, I feel such bag greed looking at that bag it's hard to handle :panic: :smile:
Why are all the loveliest Classic City:s always sold in the US?! *wringing of hands*

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
This Bal City from 2005 in blue is just too gorgeous for words. And pristine, unused...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Balenciaga-...452703?hash=item238348f7df:g:Lm8AAOSwWWxZAWOi

Should probably have posted this on the Finds thread but I couldn't post without commenting, I feel such bag greed looking at that bag it's hard to handle :panic: :smile:
Why are all the loveliest Classic City:s always sold in the US?! *wringing of hands*
i just got this color in a first, it's a gorgeous color. and this one looks never-used, so beautiful

Hello everyone!

I want to ask a question but dont know where to post, but i would just like to ask if all bbags have the "made in italy" stamp?

Because my sister recently purchased a balenciaga first from a mutual friend it's from the 2010 collection and there is no "made in italy stamp" at the back of the serial number below the sign "1669". Altho the model number matches the one on the plate and it says "103208". We're just curious and somehow paranoid about it.. altho it looks genuine to us just making sure.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_7771.JPG
    IMG_7771.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_7774.JPG
    IMG_7774.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 133
Hello everyone!

I want to ask a question but dont know where to post, but i would just like to ask if all bbags have the "made in italy" stamp?

Because my sister recently purchased a balenciaga first from a mutual friend it's from the 2010 collection and there is no "made in italy stamp" at the back of the serial number below the sign "1669". Altho the model number matches the one on the plate and it says "103208". We're just curious and somehow paranoid about it.. altho it looks genuine to us just making sure.

Thank you in advance!
I've never seen a bag without the "made in Italy" heat stamp but there are collectors who have been around much longer than myself, hopefully someone else will chime in. Meanwhile, may I suggest you post the relevant pics on the "authenticate this" thread? See the two links below...

Reactions: ksuromax
I've never seen a bag without the "made in Italy" heat stamp but there are collectors who have been around much longer than myself, hopefully someone else will chime in. Meanwhile, may I suggest you post the relevant pics on the "authenticate this" thread? See the two links below...

Yeah that's what i've been thinking, because my bbags they all have the made in italy heat stamp... oh okay, thank you very much!

Yeah that's what i've been thinking, because my bbags they all have the made in italy heat stamp... oh okay, thank you very much!
My pleasure, good luck! EDIT, just looked at your pics, can you enlarge them? Just post them full size instead of thumbnails. And are you positive there's not a made in italy heat stamp? Have you tried pulling down the fabric on the tag to see if it's down there? It almost looks as if you can see the very tips of something?

IMG_7750.PNG IMG_7752.PNG IMG_7753.PNG IMG_7771.JPG IMG_7774.JPG
My pleasure, good luck! EDIT, just looked at your pics, can you enlarge them? Just post them full size instead of thumbnails. And are you positive there's not a made in italy heat stamp? Have you tried pulling down the fabric on the tag to see if it's down there? It almost looks as if you can see the very tips of something?

The bag is currently with my sister right now but yeah she told me there was no stamp at all, she tried pulling it down and checking if she just didn't see it or what but there's still nothing... will try posting the picture again in full size. Sorry i was using my phone and i'm kinda new to this lol

View attachment 3691030 View attachment 3691032 View attachment 3691033 View attachment 3691034 View attachment 3691035

The bag is currently with my sister right now but yeah she told me there was no stamp at all, she tried pulling it down and checking if she just didn't see it or what but there's still nothing... will try posting the picture again in full size. Sorry i was using my phone and i'm kinda new to this lol

The tag front certainly looks correct IMO. If you look at your third picture, the tag back, to my eye it looks like you can see the two dots of the "i" letters in "in" and "italy". Plus possibly the top of the "l" in italy. Is there a possibility that the fabric got caught up in the sewing and is covering the "made in italy"? Please do post a pic of the bale, the rivet, and the back of the zipper head.

Reactions: ksuromax
omg ladies, I've reverted to my Bal crazy ways. 10 years ago I used to buy a so many Bbags, sell on the ones that didn't grow on me, and keep the keepers.. 10 years later after a big hiatus with children and divorce I've come back and gotten them out of storage, and in the last fortnight have bought 4 more! All resale and some in older leather which I love. I'm so happy to be back in smooshland! I keep my Bals all around me at home so that I can look at them all day long...
Nuts right?!
I can't wait for the 3 in transit, but am so enjoying my current little family

omg ladies, I've reverted to my Bal crazy ways. 10 years ago I used to buy a so many Bbags, sell on the ones that didn't grow on me, and keep the keepers.. 10 years later after a big hiatus with children and divorce I've come back and gotten them out of storage, and in the last fortnight have bought 4 more! All resale and some in older leather which I love. I'm so happy to be back in smooshland! I keep my Bals all around me at home so that I can look at them all day long...
Nuts right?!
I can't wait for the 3 in transit, but am so enjoying my current little family
Hello :smile: we all are a bit (?) Nuts here, so welcome to the club! You are in the right place and in the right company :biggrin:

Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone has any tips for restoring the gold studs on the city? I purchased one second hand and the gold studs are a wee bit worn. I've attached pics for reference... 1677067042.jpg 1677067042.jpg 1796397044.jpg 741902154.jpg 2021342329.jpg