Thank You Clinic Review

jenbean

Sep 4, 2023
Hi Everyone!

I wanted to write down my experience with Thank you clinic since they were so helpful throughout the whole process!

I scheduled a consultation very last minute as it was suggested to me by a friend. I felt like I was being overcharged by another clinic so decided to go to Thank You clinic to see how their prices are since Dr. Kim is a reputable surgeon and popular with locals. They were very transparent with me and I found their prices reasonable.

Before I met with Dr. Kim, I met with Soo Young the consultant and she broke down the prices of what surgeries I am looking into and might need based on what I asked for with the help of Chloe. After talking with Soo Young and Chloe, I was able to meet with Dr. Kim and he confirmed what I need based on my wishes. He also let me know what is and isn’t possible as well as what the different types of lines will look on me. Originally I wanted non-incisional ptosis correction but since my eyes are hollow, it wouldn’t be the best choice since there’s a change the sutures will rip. He was very informative and spoke english very well.
After some pricing negotiations, I decided to book with Thank You clinic even though i already put a deposit with another clinic. I felt more reassured and confident that Dr. Kim will be able to successfully fix my eyelid issues (multiple creases and ptosis correction).

Soo Young and Chloe are both so sweet that they offered a free facial treatment for both my mom and sister since the money I put my deposit down with another clinic is gone, it was too late to get my money back :sad:

Now that I set up my surgery date, I was given clear instructions on what to do before surgery.

I had my surgery on September 1st and had to get to the clinic at 12 pm so I can fill out some final consent forms that let you know the risks of anesthesia and outcomes might not be 100%. This is normal before every surgery and there was even a part where the clinic stated that they offer a free revision for up to a year. Chloe explained to me that free revisions are for clients where the surgeon messed up, but this has never happened. After signing the forms I was seen by Dr. Hwang to mark the areas that shurink will be used and where my steroid shot and fat dissolving shot will be. Dr. Kim came in right after him and was drawing up where the fat transfer will be places and was drawing up my double eyelid line. I made some few adjustments with the final line I wanted and let him know.

After final marks have been placed I got ready for surgery and was met with the surgery team. One important thing people should know that this was all done under local anesthesia and sedation. This is because Dr. Kim needs to make sure the eyelids are able to close and for him to see how the final line is. This sounds scary at first but I didn’t feel any pain at all! The only issue was I was really cold, but for me that’s normal with any anesthesia. After surgery was over I was taken to the recovery room and stayed there until I was feeling good. After feeling better I was able to leave and with the help of Chloe I got my post-op care instructions and medication. Soo Young is so sweet that she came by to take a look at my results and to say goodbye.

I’m currently 1 month post op and I still
feel like I have a bit of swelling left on my eyes but overall it looks good so far! I was told the ptosis correction is a roller coaster in terms of healing, so just gotta be patient. My only issue is my left eyelid looks like it has 2 inner creases, but was told it should disappear when my swelling goes down.

As for my fat transfer I do feel like it helped but not much since the fat didn’t stick even with me eating soooo much. I was told I would need multiple transfer to stick so I should’ve just said no to the procedure. I’ve noticed the fat transfer to my eyelids has stayed more than my face so I’m grateful for that since that was my main concern because of my hollow eyelids.

Overall, I’m so grateful that I decided to get a last minute consultation with Thank You clinic. Chloe and Soo Young are both so amazing and sweet. They helped me so much and Dr. Kim was so informative and patient with me. I can’t wait for my eyes to be fully healed!! I will update everyone once I am 3 months post op. :smile:

Here are some before and after pics!

IMG_8596.jpeg

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to write down my experience with Thank you clinic since they were so helpful throughout the whole process!

I scheduled a consultation very last minute as it was suggested to me by a friend. I felt like I was being overcharged by another clinic so decided to go to Thank You clinic to see how their prices are since Dr. Kim is a reputable surgeon and popular with locals. They were very transparent with me and I found their prices reasonable.

Before I met with Dr. Kim, I met with Soo Young the consultant and she broke down the prices of what surgeries I am looking into and might need based on what I asked for with the help of Chloe. After talking with Soo Young and Chloe, I was able to meet with Dr. Kim and he confirmed what I need based on my wishes. He also let me know what is and isn’t possible as well as what the different types of lines will look on me. Originally I wanted non-incisional ptosis correction but since my eyes are hollow, it wouldn’t be the best choice since there’s a change the sutures will rip. He was very informative and spoke english very well.
After some pricing negotiations, I decided to book with Thank You clinic even though i already put a deposit with another clinic. I felt more reassured and confident that Dr. Kim will be able to successfully fix my eyelid issues (multiple creases and ptosis correction).

Soo Young and Chloe are both so sweet that they offered a free facial treatment for both my mom and sister since the money I put my deposit down with another clinic is gone, it was too late to get my money back :sad:

Now that I set up my surgery date, I was given clear instructions on what to do before surgery.

I had my surgery on September 1st and had to get to the clinic at 12 pm so I can fill out some final consent forms that let you know the risks of anesthesia and outcomes might not be 100%. This is normal before every surgery and there was even a part where the clinic stated that they offer a free revision for up to a year. Chloe explained to me that free revisions are for clients where the surgeon messed up, but this has never happened. After signing the forms I was seen by Dr. Hwang to mark the areas that shurink will be used and where my steroid shot and fat dissolving shot will be. Dr. Kim came in right after him and was drawing up where the fat transfer will be places and was drawing up my double eyelid line. I made some few adjustments with the final line I wanted and let him know.

After final marks have been placed I got ready for surgery and was met with the surgery team. One important thing people should know that this was all done under local anesthesia and sedation. This is because Dr. Kim needs to make sure the eyelids are able to close and for him to see how the final line is. This sounds scary at first but I didn’t feel any pain at all! The only issue was I was really cold, but for me that’s normal with any anesthesia. After surgery was over I was taken to the recovery room and stayed there until I was feeling good. After feeling better I was able to leave and with the help of Chloe I got my post-op care instructions and medication. Soo Young is so sweet that she came by to take a look at my results and to say goodbye.

I’m currently 1 month post op and I still
feel like I have a bit of swelling left on my eyes but overall it looks good so far! I was told the ptosis correction is a roller coaster in terms of healing, so just gotta be patient. My only issue is my left eyelid looks like it has 2 inner creases, but was told it should disappear when my swelling goes down.

As for my fat transfer I do feel like it helped but not much since the fat didn’t stick even with me eating soooo much. I was told I would need multiple transfer to stick so I should’ve just said no to the procedure. I’ve noticed the fat transfer to my eyelids has stayed more than my face so I’m grateful for that since that was my main concern because of my hollow eyelids.

Overall, I’m so grateful that I decided to get a last minute consultation with Thank You clinic. Chloe and Soo Young are both so amazing and sweet. They helped me so much and Dr. Kim was so informative and patient with me. I can’t wait for my eyes to be fully healed!! I will update everyone once I am 3 months post op. :smile:

Here are some before and after pics!

View attachment 5874735
3 MONTH UPDATE!!

Just wanted to give a quick update on my DES, ptosis and fat graft surgery with Thank You clinic. Starting off with the fat graft, I want to say about 30% of the fat stayed overall this also includes fat transfer to my upper eyelids. I was told I would need multiple sessions to get the results I wanted so I knew that 100% of the fat wouldn’t stay.

Next my DES + ptosis surgery looks good so far but there are days where I can tell my left eye is still opening bigger than my right eye but I just need to be patient with this as ptosis correction takes a while to completely heal. As for my creases, I really love my left eye crease but my right eye seems to have more skin folding over the crease, which I was told that it could be due to not enough fat being there since not all the fat transfer held up.

As far as scars go, I don’t have any noticeable scars but I believe I have some keloids forming on the inner corners of both my eyes. I’ve been applying silicone gel religiously so hopefully that can help minimize those scars. Going to wait until the 6 month mark to see how things are healing then. Overall I am still satisfied with my results and Chloe has been a huge help with answering my questions or concerns. I am hoping to go back in March 2024.

Attachments

• E943B720-E95F-4798-A111-1C36705AE0DE.jpeg
    E943B720-E95F-4798-A111-1C36705AE0DE.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 88
Hi Jenbean, I am going to have a consultation at Thank you next month for DES revision. The procedures I need are about the same as yours. Fat grafting and ptosis. Would you mind telling me when will you be in Seoul next month?

Hi Jenbean, I am going to have a consultation at Thank you next month for DES revision. The procedures I need are about the same as yours. Fat grafting and ptosis. Would you mind telling me when will you be in Seoul next month?
Hi! I’m currently in Seoul for the week, you can dm me if you have any questions! :smile:

Reactions: Texas60
Hey there!! Just wondering how long after did you get the stitches taken out? Did you stay for a while in Seoul? Thanks!
They advise to stay for a week after procedure since that’s usually when they take stitches off. A few days after surgery I had to have a minor surgery touch up for one eye so I didn’t account for that and didn’t get my stitches out for that eye when I was 1 week post op. Luckily a family member is a nurse so I had them take my stitches out for the one eye that got a touch up when I got home.

They advise to stay for a week after procedure since that’s usually when they take stitches off. A few days after surgery I had to have a minor surgery touch up for one eye so I didn’t account for that and didn’t get my stitches out for that eye when I was 1 week post op. Luckily a family member is a nurse so I had them take my stitches out for the one eye that got a touch up when I got home.
Did you have a complication that required extra stitches or just advised by the surgeon during the follow up? Thank you!