Textured bag at barneys

I saw this one iRL and asked if it was possibly on the regular leather menu for fall. The answer so far is no, and I think it's pretty reliable. I have to say, I liked this bag some, even with the cocktail olives pouffery. It did fit over my shoulder, though not as roomily as the Shopping. It was a nice smallish tote. If I'm remembering correctly, it didn't have the usual inside zipped pocket, but a more standard 2-slot holder -- one part for a phone, the other a little larger. It isn't terribly thick, but would probably hold up forever. It's chevre, but seemed like a really sturdy construction and finish. Of course, who cares if it lasts forever if you hate it, but that's my info.

I saw it IRL and it's a great style, the straps also fit over my shoulder. I'm pretty sure the interior has a zip pocket on one side and also a double pouch-type pocket on the other side. I know I'm in the minority, but I actually love the quilted version, but at $2295, it's too pricey for me. The Morning would be great in regular leather, it would slouch beautifully.

Yup, I didn't hate it at all and loved the style, so I almost bought the black tote. That price for a bag I didn't totally love and the nagging thought of how much I'd love it in regular leather stopped me. I sort of enjoy trying the new and different things, after so many B bags that have come, stayed and gone. Oh, well. I have my black work to comfort me!

You mean agneau, right? (Still hoping for a return to chevre ...)

No, I mean chevre. The card says chevre and below that agneau. Based on experience and also the card listing it secondarily, I believe the stitched part is chevre and the trim is agneau. The leather and special stitching probably account for the price. I'm not suggesting at all that this marks a return to chevre for regular bags. This is clearly a one off thing.

No, I mean chevre. The card says chevre and below that agneau. Based on experience and also the card listing it secondarily, I believe the stitched part is chevre and the trim is agneau. The leather and special stitching probably account for the price. I'm not suggesting at all that this marks a return to chevre for regular bags. This is clearly a one off thing.

Thanks for the explanation. I wonder why they didn't just stick with one type of leather for the whole bag?