Tell me if this is ridiculous or not...

You're in San Francisco, right? Have you gone to the Jewelry Mart on Brannan, south of Market? They have the best prices anywhere. Forgive me if you already know about them but they are not open to the public -- you have to make an appointment to go in with one of the jewelers who is in the building. But once you're in, you can go to ANY of the stores. We bought my engagement ring at Padis. Their website is padisgems.com. You can go there to make the appointment online. Have fun and good luck!

DiaDiva, I did look at signed pieces, they have GREAT prices! way better than that $7900:cursing: I was quoted...i wish i can see more of them on people's actual hand though...since it really really sucks to buy something w/o seeing it first. have you guys had experience w/ them?

UWSgirl, Costco didn't have the full eternity band =( ....but i did see a lot of BIG solitaires there!!! Man...who knew they started selling 3-5ct. rings. ah...it's nice to dream. hehehe

Lori, I know about that, but never knew how to go about making the appointment...I thought I can only go to a specific store. I'm actually going there to order my wedding gown this weekend (they actually have a gown boutique there)...so maybe I can see what's there. Thanks for the tip!

DiaDiva, I did look at signed pieces, they have GREAT prices! way better than that $7900:cursing: I was quoted...i wish i can see more of them on people's actual hand though...since it really really sucks to buy something w/o seeing it first. have you guys had experience w/ them?

Ginger, if you go to pricescope.com and search for the "Show us your Signed Pieces!" thread, you'll see lots of posts from people who have bought from them plus handshots as well. I've never bought from them since I don't live in the US and I have a good local jeweller but the ladies on Pricescope have given really good feedback on SP.

Happy viewing...

i have purchased three channel set eternity bands from signed pieces. they are top notch and the price is significantly less than your quote. all three are set in platinum and two are diamonds and one is blue sapphire. i don't have pics but could answer any question you might want to ask. :yes:

Thanks for all the inputs!!! I was really excited I showed my fiance the signed pieces website and also the pricescope photos. He agreed that they are really nice...but then he seem to be against buying my wedding band from the internet. :shrugs: I guess I don't want to argue too much with him on this. But I know where I can get my future anniversery bands!!! As a wedding set, the channel set looks better, so for now, it's channel set. BUT I really really want a prong set in the future! hehe...is it too early for me to think about anniversery ring already? I hope Signed Pieces will still be having these sparkly rings at these good prices!

Queen, I do have one question for you...is there any problem for you ordering with them on the net? what do you do when you want to get it looked at/cleaned?

Thank you! I will surely update you guys on what I end up with. :flowers:

i have no problem cleaning them as i have a commercial ultra sonic cleaner. i don't do this every day just when needed. daily i just use a soft brush and cleaner.

i have a b&m jeweler that i get to check and do repairs on my jewelry.

signed pieces has an excellent return policy and you can order them and if they aren't satisfactory just send them back.

i hope you get exactly what you want. :yes:

you asked about problems ordering on the net. after viewing the site i have called and done my business via the telephone. they will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

GingerFarm, congratulations!

I'd stay away from Valley Fair. Its in the heart of Silicon Valley. They are hoping to cash in on people with money and no idea what they are buying.

There are better stores in SF! Or find a diamond online. Blue Nile is supposed to be great. Also getting the nod these days is Costco for diamonds.

Thanks for everyone's help! :flowers:

I did go to the jewelry mart, but the jewelry stores were closed on saturday...but I will go back to look for earrings!!!

I didn't want to leave you guys hanging, so needed to come back and update you. we ended up getting it at Harry Winston...price/quality/service was soooo much better than that store in Valley Fair (you know, the big one that sells pateks on the same side as Louis Vuitton?)!!!!! Anyway, I have the pics here.
http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewelry-box/finally-found-my-wedding-band-pics-w-ring-83820.html
Thanks again for all the input! I really appreciate it!

tiffany should NEVER be cheaper!! so that's a sign that the guy is overcharging or expecting you to haggle alot!

I LOVE harry winston!! i'm so glad you found something you both love. what a sweetie your fiancee is to be romantic and get it from a store like harry winston!!

Seriously...now everytime I walk past there, I have an urge to go in and and tell them to go down the hall to look at tiffany's. how do they expect people to buy from them...I'll get a tiffanys over them anytime! haha.