Teachers, may I ask what bags do you use?

My answer might be a little different. I was a high school teacher for many years and tried to bring as little work home as possible. I usually just carried my regular bag. Good luck with your teaching career!!!

I also use a Le Pliage for carrying large files, especially if it's raining outside! But lately I've been using my Foley & Corinna Jetsetter Jr, and it holds quite a lot. I got mine at a sample sale so the price was under $300.

I work with kindergarteners! So, NOTHING I take to school with me is designer. I usually use the cheap bags from Old Navy (the ones that you can use as shopping bags) that have cute designs. I have about 5 of them that I interchange regularly. They were about 5.00 a piece. So, if paint gets on them... markers... or whatever, NO BIG DEAL! I save my Louis bags and other designer pieces for nights out with friends and the weekends.

I'd like to bump this old thread! What do you guys carry? And do you carry a purse next to a tote? I keep changing and am never really comfortable, combining files with wallets and lunch and make up bag etc...

Interesting subject for the new school year. This will be my 27th year in teaching, 4th grade for the past 6 years and primary grades before that. I have a diverse handbag collection, including Coach, Dooney, Kate Spade, Marc Jacobs stams, Gucci, Burberry, Tory Burch and Longchamp Heritage. I wear pretty much all of my handbags to work except those that are smaller in size ( like what I call "dinner bags" ) or very supple leather like my Gucci soho or St. Laurent. I used to think of some bags as "too good" for school and now I feel "Why not?" They're locked up in my cabinet immediately and no worries about stains or marks. I will also use a tote bag for lunch, papers, markers, etc. since my handbags are purely for cuteness and aesthetics.

I always bring a small purse, like a Marc by Marc Jacobs Percy bag for essentials. I also bring my lunch in a reusuable Lululemon bag in case of spills. Last year I started using my Madewell Transport tote for everything.

Varies by subject/location teaching.
Different situations = different bags.

I avoid teaching small children. Honestly try to avoid them in general.

Often toss wallet(maybe pouch) & gear into boring utility bag.
When "looking professional," may add separate handbag.
Whatever seems appropriate.

school classrooms = leather attache case with shoulder strap & lock

field "classrooms" = clothing pockets & polyester backpack

kwoons = fabric tote, or bulk rice sack recycled as tote

dogs/owners = polyester backpack & treat bag with belt clip

shooting ranges = nylon duffel bag, recycled biscuit tin containing ammo

High-end designer handbags are fun to wear.
But never been suited to most of my teaching situations.
I wear them more in other places.

Hope helps.

I have been using a see by Chloe nylon Porte epaule tote for the past two years. It's very big and sturdy. Basically similar to the Marc by Marc Jacobs nylon totes but bigger. Then I'd just bring whatever handbag I'm using that day

Varies by subject/location teaching.
Different situations = different bags.

I avoid teaching small children. Honestly try to avoid them in general.

Hope helps.
:lol:
I avoid teaching, including my own kids! Thanks goodness for Teachers and Professors.
I second the Longchamp. Lightweight and durable with wonderful colors to choose from.

Good question and I will be looking forward to more answers. I don't carry a handbag to campus. Everything is in my rolling case, since I'm running from building to building all day with heaps of books and binders and tech equipment. I keep a Longchamp pouchette in my desk drawer for days when I leave campus for lunch. I am dreaming of a Massaccesi Divina for professional conferences.

Reactions: anitalilac