Food Tea Lovers!

If may I, dry black tea has more caffeine by weight than coffee, but when prepared in a cup, a brewed black tea contains significantly less caffeine than a cup of coffee of the same size.
https://www.perfectbrew.com/blog/is-coffee-caffeine-different-than-tea-caffeine/
But, a standard 8oz cup of black tea only has around 2 grams of tea leaves whereas a standard cup of coffee has around 7 grams of coffee.

If you took equal weights of tea and coffee and brewed each using the same amount of water, I believe the tea would have more caffeine.

• Love
Reactions: 880
Verdanttea.com loashang balck tea from the he family

chocolate decaf tea from Harney & sons.

I thought I would love Paris tea from Harney, but I don’t.

I'm a black tea lover, and drink about anything (supermarket tea, bio tea, refined ones from tea houses), but my favourites are:
Earl Grey
Caramel or chocolate-flavoured black tea
Verbena
The brand Dammann Frères (especially Anichai, L'Oriental, Maison de Famille)

A tea for which I've been searching for two years. I first tasted Nuwara Eliya at a hotel which has a very good loose leaf tea selection for afternoon tea. I found it on the Dilmah website but the minimum amount for purchase was 1 kg which is a lot of tea! Recently I was very pleased to find it in small canisters under the Raffles Hotel brand.

I've been drinking this Sencha for more than 20 years, ever since I had a cup of it at a Japanese restaurant. I like my green tea strong and this hits the spot. When I use other brands, I have to pop in 2 tea bags. This brand is my favourite.
Picsart_22-05-07_23-31-10-770.jpg