Sunglasses that slip down your nose

rayban wayfarers are so heavy and slip down my nose after 2 seconds. really annoying. i have no idea how the kate moss & co. look so comfortable wearing them. haha everything looks easier on celebrities. :rolleyes:

i thought i was the only one with this problem! i have the rayban wayfarers and as much as i love wearing them, it is soooooo annoying to keep pushing them up every ten secs.

^^I had a pair of Persol sunnies I had to let go because this kept happening. I have another pair of Persols that it still happens with, but not as bad - and they're the most gorgeous sunnies I own, so I just couldn't give them up.

Some of my Ray Ban wayfarers do this too. The ray bans that stick on my face best are: clubmasters and classic aviators. Those stay put on my tiny nose!

I once had my Chanel half frame reading glasses adjusted at Lenscrafters... a few months later when I was at my personal Optician's office, he noticed how wonky my glasses sat on my face and asked who in the world adjusted them to fit like that. He adjusted them to fit better and straighter. I'm leary about going to certain stores like Lenscrafters now.

I just got a pair of dior sunglasses I love them but they are a little whid and will slip right off the top of my head if i put them up there to rest while shopping. di you think having the ear pieces fixed will help this

I have a flat nose (thanks to my Filipina heritage), so just about every pair of sunglasses slides down mine. I have a pair of Chanels and a pair of Louis Vuitton Eastern fits. I've had both pairs for years cuz I can't find anything else that'll work for me.

I think only one person has mentioned this, but if your glasses have plastic frames and you are willing to spend about $50, you can have the little metal/silicone nose bridge pads put in. They melt it into the plastic so they are just like the ones in the metal frame glasses. You can adjust them tighter to sit higher on your face.

I wanted a pair of the big sunnies and since I am asian and have the lower bridge, none fit me right; all just sat on my face. The store I bought from is like those designer boutiques w/ Miklis, Raybans as well as Oliver Peoples but have a optometrist on site. They recommended that I just get the nosepad contraption (they are called nosepad arms in the diagram below) put in and it is like night and day. Now I want to put them in every pair!

glassesdiagram.jpg

I have had issues with many brands slipping, and the ones that fit me best seem to be Coach and Oakley. I love my Coach sunnies, but both pairs give me a headache after wearing for them for 30 minutes or so. My two pairs of Oakleys are great; super comfortable and I can wear them for hours on end if I need to without ever getting a headache. One pair of them has nose pads made from a material called "unobtainium" (I think their version of this material is exclusive to Oakley?), and they grip really well to prevent slipping. Oakley also makes a lot of sunnies that are classified as "Asian fit," and they are supposed to be made specifically for flatter nose bridges etc. I read lots of Oakley reviews before purchasing my first pair, and a lot of people who purchased the Asian fit said they were the best-fitting sunnies they'd ever had. No personal experience with them myself though; I'm not of Asian descent.