LV Stores closing ......

Yep... I experienced that myself today. I had to pick up a prescription so I went to the drugstore. Haven’t been out since our city advised everyone to stay home if they can.

Another customer made a dramatic show of stopping in the aisle as I approached and turning her entire body away from me as I walked by and only got out of her cowering position after I’d passed her. I know it was just me because she was bounding past other non-Asians behind me to meet her cashier friend up front.

As if my race/appearance makes me any more likely to be a carrier than every other person in that drugstore.

some people make me sick.
I'm sorry you and many others have to experience that kind of ignorant behaviour on top of everything else that is so stressful right now.

Smh. We have certain prominent figures calling it a chinese virus which would only add fuel to the fire when there are some that just choose to not think.
You can't even sneeze these days...it's like...CHILL! There are some of us that have allergies and no, we don't appreciate getting a death glare!

yes... I am scared to sneeze or cough in public. When this was all still developing I just got over a very nasty Cold/flu that I caught in mid Feb, I was fairly certain it wasn’t COVID because talking to people in the office it had been circulating since November (and I did end up going to the clinic and the nurse asked me some very specific COVID questions though no testing was available at the time) so I still had residual symptoms the first week of March. When I would wait for the train, the cold and dry air would make me cough and people would side eye me. I can’t imagine what it’d be like now, though of course I probably wouldn’t be out in the first place.

I'm sorry you and many others have to experience that kind of ignorant behaviour on top of everything else that is so stressful right now.

thank you, I was just so surprised anyone even reacted this way considering many people around the world have it now. Some other Asian countries like Taiwan did a fine job containing it too. But I guess ignorant people would never know the difference!

Yep... I experienced that myself today. I had to pick up a prescription so I went to the drugstore. Haven’t been out since our city advised everyone to stay home if they can.

Another customer made a dramatic show of stopping in the aisle as I approached and turning her entire body away from me as I walked by and only got out of her cowering position after I’d passed her. I know it was just me because she was bounding past other non-Asians behind me to meet her cashier friend up front.

As if my race/appearance makes me any more likely to be a carrier than every other person in that drugstore.

You know, I just came on to post that I just got an email saying the Dublin LV was closing indefinitely and I read your post.

Good grief - this gives me the absolute rage. I am so sorry you or anyone has to deal with rubbish like this.

Shocking times, but really, we should all be better than this...

I’m sorry that you’re experiencing such disgusting behavior.

The petty side of me says that next time you should stop and pretend you’re looking at something right next to her so she’ll have to run away in fear.

I’m sorry that you’re experiencing such disgusting behavior.

The petty side of me says that next time you should stop and pretend you’re looking at something right next to her so she’ll have to run away in fear.

I have a petty side too ;) - I was close to turning around and walking back toward her but decided not to.

I left out the second part - we met again shortly after inside the same drug store, because as I was lining up to pick up my prescription, she was waiting for an available pharmacist on the side. Our eyes met and she tried to offer me a small awkward smile, I stared at her until she couldn't handle my stare anymore and looked away.

@Soniaa, @karman, I totally get it as I am in the same boat....Walmart, ShopRite, pizza shop, you name it, I feel the weight of the glares, with or without my kids present.

Racism and ignorance are so much more dangerous than this COVID-19 or any other virus/disease out there because there’s no cure for it. (Doesn’t help that particular individuals in high places enable this type of behavior too)

Can’t we all just get along regardless of the differences and be kind to one another?!

(Best believe, there have been numerous occasions I’ve wanted so badly to open up a can of whoop@$$ on some ill-mannered, disrespectful fools. But my kids had enough sense to hold me back and convince me to walk away from the nonsense)

*sorry, back to topic*

So sorry you had to experience that. I would’ve coughed on her :lol:

@Soniaa, @karman, I totally get it as I am in the same boat....Walmart, ShopRite, pizza shop, you name it, I feel the weight of the glares, with or without my kids present.

Racism and ignorance are so much more dangerous than this COVID-19 or any other virus/disease out there because there’s no cure for it. (Doesn’t help that particular individuals in high places enable this type of behavior too)

Can’t we all just get along regardless of the differences and be kind to one another?!

(Best believe, there have been numerous occasions I’ve wanted so badly to open up a can of whoop@$$ on some ill-mannered, disrespectful fools. But my kids had enough sense to hold me back and convince me to walk away from the nonsense)

*sorry, back to topic*

Proud of your kids! You've raised them well :heart:

So sorry you had to experience that. I would’ve coughed on her :lol:

Well, if I coughed on her then other people would probably freak out too! :lol:

---

Back to topic: is there an unofficial date when stores may re-open (totally understand it's a fluid situation). I've heard "2 weeks from today" a couple of days ago, and I've also heard April 2 and April 4 as dates.

Reactions: BooYah
yes... I am scared to sneeze or cough in public. When this was all still developing I just got over a very nasty Cold/flu that I caught in mid Feb, I was fairly certain it wasn’t COVID because talking to people in the office it had been circulating since November (and I did end up going to the clinic and the nurse asked me some very specific COVID questions though no testing was available at the time) so I still had residual symptoms the first week of March. When I would wait for the train, the cold and dry air would make me cough and people would side eye me. I can’t imagine what it’d be like now, though of course I probably wouldn’t be out in the first place.

thank you, I was just so surprised anyone even reacted this way considering many people around the world have it now. Some other Asian countries like Taiwan did a fine job containing it too. But I guess ignorant people would never know the difference!

It's always like this during flu season especially on public transportation...people act like you're the plague and as if they never got sick before in their life!!!:rolleyes: So now it's like people are willing to fight if you accidentally stand in their space...smdh crazy

This is a video I found about the kinda racism taking place...I swear even animals know how to show compassion better than some humans...it's pathetic

*sorry, back to topic*
You're right unfortunately no cure for racism or stupidity yet both can spread like wildfire.
Can’t we all just get along regardless of the differences and be kind to one another?! Apparently that would require too much work for some...:rolleyes:
I know I've wanted to roundhouse kick some foo' too when it was me on the other end or when I see someone else get disrespected for no reason but gotta tame our emotions..

:annoyed:UGH now I'm getttin mad:cursing:...alright...back to talkin about bags..

I also was told by a CA that they are tentatively scheduled to reopen April 1. At the rate things are going I am assuming they will re-evaluate closet to the date and remain closed.

I had field work (travel by vehicle) planned the following week that I’m pretty sure would have to be cancelled, can’t see non-essential businesses reopening next week at this time!