Stella McCartney Frayme Shoulder Opinions?

B4GBuff

Feb 1, 2019
I really like the look of this bag especially since shoulder bags are back "in", but since I cant find it locally, wanting some opinions on the leather quality and overall appeal of the brand? I have not seen much posted about the brand at all on here. Is Stella McCartney considered a luxury brand? The prices are similar to YSL, DG, Versace, LV etc although seemingly much less exposure. I like that there are not big logos though so I guess maybe quiet luxury? LOL. But also how is the quality? Does it stand up to the price? This bag is well over 2k.

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_20230507_030955_Chrome.jpg

Her bags are not made of leather. I don’t think it’s worth it for that kind of $. I have one of her bags, mini Falabella I purchased on sale for a great price years ago. It’s great looking but quite heavy and not the easiest to use so I don’t wear it much.

Her bags are not made of leather. I don’t think it’s worth it for that kind of $. I have one of her bags, mini Falabella I purchased on sale for a great price years ago. It’s great looking but quite heavy and not the easiest to use so I don’t wear it much.

Oh I didnt know... Im not paying that much for cheapy plastic LOL

Oh I didnt know... Im not paying that much for cheapy plastic LOL
It’s a far cry from cheap plastic. The price is justified based on the research that goes into the materials used. I have several of her purses - about 5 -and can say they are quality and long lasting and I have Gucci, LV, and Fendi bags to compare them to. I always get complemented on them and I like that I don’t see them all over. However, they are heavy due to the chain link. I would look at it in person and make a decision but I can vouch for their quality.

It’s a far cry from cheap plastic. The price is justified based on the research that goes into the materials used. I have several of her purses - about 5 -and can say they are quality and long lasting and I have Gucci, LV, and Fendi bags to compare them to. I always get complemented on them and I like that I don’t see them all over. However, they are heavy due to the chain link. I would look at it in person and make a decision but I can vouch for their quality.
Ahh okay I guess I misunderstood when you guys were saying it wasnt leather. What exactly are they made from? Is it a kind of PU or PVC?
My issue with synthetic bags are that they tend to wear much faster than genuine leather. I do like that style though of the bag above. If I got it I would only get the small which is I think 20 or 23 cm. So it might be heavy but not as bad as if it were the larger one. And it wouldnt be an every day bag.

I really like the look of this bag especially since shoulder bags are back "in", but since I cant find it locally, wanting some opinions on the leather quality and overall appeal of the brand? I have not seen much posted about the brand at all on here. Is Stella McCartney considered a luxury brand? The prices are similar to YSL, DG, Versace, LV etc although seemingly much less exposure. I like that there are not big logos though so I guess maybe quiet luxury? LOL. But also how is the quality? Does it stand up to the price? This bag is well over 2k.

Thanks in advance!
I recently ordered the Medium Frayme shoulder bag in pure white. If you are still interested, I will let you know what I think of it. The version in this YouTube video is the small Frayme.
1685673872475.png

Reactions: jessilou
I would consider Stella McCartney a luxury brand—it’s just under the radar. But you will find SM bags at higher-end department stores like Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Bloomingdale’s.

I have a Falabella crossbody that I’m very fond of—it’s likely my most used bag—and it’s held up very well over the years.

For her “smoother” material (like for the Frayme bag), I’m not so familiar with that and can’t speak for its durability. But I’ve had my husband touch her other faux leather products and neither of us can tell the difference between real vs. fake, texture-wise. To me, the quality for those seem good and I wouldn’t write them off at all.

If you can, definitely go to a store IRL to check out her stuff. If you’re not able to, maybe you can check out reviews from store websites?

I would consider Stella McCartney a luxury brand—it’s just under the radar. But you will find SM bags at higher-end department stores like Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Bloomingdale’s.

I have a Falabella crossbody that I’m very fond of—it’s likely my most used bag—and it’s held up very well over the years.

For her “smoother” material (like for the Frayme bag), I’m not so familiar with that and can’t speak for its durability. But I’ve had my husband touch her other faux leather products and neither of us can tell the difference between real vs. fake, texture-wise. To me, the quality for those seem good and I wouldn’t write them off at all.

If you can, definitely go to a store IRL to check out her stuff. If you’re not able to, maybe you can check out reviews from store websites?
I read up on the material used and its made from mushrokms and isnt cheap plastic for sure! I will definitely consider it now since I love the style of the shoulder frayme bag. She is big into protecting environment so she doesnt use PU from what I read. I spent my recent savings on a Versace bag from Vestaire Collective recently so I have to wait a bit now LOL

Reactions: sparklebunny
I recently got the camera bag in a metallic peacock color when it was on sale. My two minor gripes are that it’s a tad small (you can only carry essentials; no regular-sized water bottles) and you need to be careful not to get the shiny surface scratched—but otherwise, I really love its color, comfortable wear, and sporty appearance.

Reactions: jess236
I really like Stella's bags and that she is so conscientious about using animal-friendly materials. Definitely under-the-radar luxury imho. I like the Frayme having two hardware colors. Saw this in-store and thought it was very beautiful. Don't know about the durability of her materials but I would assume (check on her website tho) that you wouldn't have to worry so much about rain like with a "real" leather.

Reactions: sparklebunny