Stella & Dot Jewelry

I love Stella and Dot. I must have a dozen pieces; some bracelets. a few necklaces. They aren't cheap, but they are very high quality for costume jewelry, as some have said. Oh and as to age range I am of the 55ish range:P

Anyone have the felicity hoops? I just purchased a pair off eBay, they remind me of ippolita hoops. but when I tried to take them out of the box it bent out of shape! Very flimsy. Any input? Thanks

Anyone have the felicity hoops? I just purchased a pair off eBay, they remind me of ippolita hoops. but when I tried to take them out of the box it bent out of shape! Very flimsy. Any input? Thanks

I'm a new S&D stylist. I haven't worn the felicity hoops yet, but I wish you would have bought them directly from a stylist and not ebay so you could return them or exchange them...so far, all the pieces that I have as samples are of great quality and hold up well to the daily tug and pull from my four-month old baby girl!

You're so right when you mentioned the hoops remind you of Ippolita hoops...S&D has fabulous designers in NYC and San Francisco that have worked at Cartier, Marc Jacobs, Ippolita, Coach, Banana Republic!!!

www.stelladot.com/sites/carolharvey

I would have loved too! She stopped selling it though! :sad:

It's okay, I guess I was just more disappointed in the quality.

How is StellaDot different? How do you take the "ick" factor out?

S&D takes the ICK factor out of direct sales business by promoting casual, fun trunk shows, no stand up presentations, no pressure to buy--if you love the jewelry, buy it, but if you don't love then that's fine, too! Just have a great time with your girlfriends! It also offers the flexibility of ordering online with items shipped directly to your house without having to deal with a Stylist. S&D complies to fair wages, fair-trade labor, high standards of manufacturing, rigorous safety testing for nickel, cadmium, and lead found in metals. It also supports a foundation to empower women and create more jobs...

Needless to say, only you, the customer, can decide whether S&D is right for you!

www.stelladot.com/sites/carolharvey

Has anyone heard of this line? I came across their trunk show at Bloomingdales today and they had the cutest bracelets! You can pick what color leather band you want, single or double wrap, and pick what kind of "screws" you want to put on the bracelet. It was really different. Love the fact that no one else will have the same bracelet as you (a reason why I like pandora too). I was able to meet the two designers of the line and they were super nice. Here's my new bracelet...

Attachments

• image-3679990597.jpg
    image-3679990597.jpg
    468.1 KB · Views: 3,908
  • image-2331772449.jpg
    image-2331772449.jpg
    606.1 KB · Views: 3,421
  • image-2458871124.jpg
    image-2458871124.jpg
    509.3 KB · Views: 3,354
  • image-2823623354.jpg
    image-2823623354.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 3,339
I just purchased my first two pieces of SD (Luna Wrap Bracelet & Maya Brenner "On the Mark" Necklace) and I have been pleased with my pieces. It is a bit pricey for costume jewelry IMHO. I actually purchased some Marchesa earrings off ebay for about 30% discount, but I'm weary of purchasing more SD pieces on ebay because I see some sellers who have negative feedback for selling fake SD.

Does anyone know if Stella & Dot pieces have been counterfeited? Can anyone offer some suggestions of what to look for (without having to have a real item on hand to compare it to)? Just trying to save a little bit of buckaroos, if I can :graucho:

Be wary of fake Stella & Dot on Ebay. I just assumed that fake jewelry for this line didn't exist, but it does. I bid without hesitation because of this assumption. Today I received the most ridiculous quality jewelry. (FYI: I ordered the renegade earrings, necklace, and bracelet.) I knew that something was wrong almost immediately. The jewelry had a look of poor quality; it just didn't feel right. In addition, upon further inspection...the earrings had black coloring on the posts, the ball holding the spikes on was too small, and the loops on the spikes was off. The bracelet was way too small (and I struggle to find bracelets that are small enough), the spacing of spikes was not symmetrical, and there was no signature SD heart. The necklace was the best looking knock-off. I compared the pieces to the pics on the SD website and I'm 100% positive they're fake. Be careful!

Does anyone have any issues with Stella and Dot stuff over the long-term? I was gifted a bracelet over the holidays that I adore, and I've only worn twice, bec of metal issues and bec I never wear much jewelry (shame!). I am just anxious it's going to turn colors on me while it's stored over time. I have it presently in a ziploc as the instructions state to do.

It's a bracelet like this that is gold plated chain.

http://shop.stelladot.com/style/b2c_en_us/shop/bracelets/bracelets-all/light-bracelet.html

It's already tarnishing?

Personally, when I store silver jewelry (or pieces known to tarnish) I place them in an anti-tarnish pouch AND toss in one of those little silica packets that come in shoe boxes sometimes when you're buying new shoes... They absorb moisture and help slow the tarnishing process. I keep a few in the drawers of my jewelry box, also.

No it's not already tarnishing. I want to know if anyone has had any issues with it on their pieces so I am aware if there are issues with the brand. I have it in a ziploc as it states to do. I might throw one of those little silica things in though.

I don't think this piece is silver, I think it's "brass" technically. I have no idea what it's made of other than being "nickel and lead safe". It's not stamped. There's fabric for the adjustments on the back, a little chain, then stones.

I have a initial charms with my kids' initials and one of the birthstone charms. I've had them for 2.5 years and no tarnishing. I've even left them on for weeks at a time and just tossed in my jewelry box for months. Cute bracelet!