Stacking rings

YAY I'm getting one!!

DH said I could get one for our anniversary since I just got a big bonus and put a huge chunk on the mortgage ... yayayayayay!!!

I'm getting the shared setting one, the 3mm 1.3 carat one with 7 stones - which is PERFECT since we've been married lucky 7 years this July 31! Kind of poetic!!

I'd only dreamed of getting one for either my 40th b-day in a few years OR our 10th - also in a few years - but now I can save for something else for then and get this now!!

my size is on order - will post when I get it!!

I'm going to wear it on my right hand, 4th finger. :smile:

YAY I'm getting one!!

DH said I could get one for our anniversary since I just got a big bonus and put a huge chunk on the mortgage ... yayayayayay!!!

I'm getting the shared setting one, the 3mm 1.3 carat one with 7 stones - which is PERFECT since we've been married lucky 7 years this July 31! Kind of poetic!!

I'd only dreamed of getting one for either my 40th b-day in a few years OR our 10th - also in a few years - but now I can save for something else for then and get this now!!

Congrats on your new ring!! I also want to have the 7 stones one, but I went to the Tiffany website..it said the 3 mm 7 stones is 0.91 ct. I think 0.91 ct is a bit small for me...how can you get a 1.3 ct for the 3 mm? Do you have to special order it?

Hey Happy Angel!

At the store they showed me a .80 carat one for $5500 (I THINK!) and a 1.2 or 1.3 carat one for $7500. (you might be right it might be the 3.5 mm one) Here are the skew numbers and prices in CND dollars:

> sku 16026352 $5150.00 (.56 carats)
> slu 17046179 $7550.00 (this was the 1.2 or 1.3 carat one)

I was SURE I saw a .90 one at the store too but can't find it on the website either!

OH they do have one for .91 on the website for $7500:

http://www.tiffany.ca/Shopping/item...6-ri+-ni+1-t&selectedsku=17046055&mcat=148204

I guess like all diamond rings the price will vary depending on the diamond quality so maybe there is some variance on the price/sizing.

I'm sure you could order it over the phone or through one of the stores! Not sure why that size isn't on the website!

Hey Happy Angel!

At the store they showed me a .80 carat one for $5500 (I THINK!) and a 1.2 or 1.3 carat one for $7500. (you might be right it might be the 3.5 mm one) Here are the skew numbers and prices in CND dollars:

> sku 16026352 $5150.00 (.56 carats)
> slu 17046179 $7550.00 (this was the 1.2 or 1.3 carat one)

I was SURE I saw a .90 one at the store too but can't find it on the website either!

OH they do have one for .91 on the website for $7500:

http://www.tiffany.ca/Shopping/item...6-ri+-ni+1-t&selectedsku=17046055&mcat=148204

I guess like all diamond rings the price will vary depending on the diamond quality so maybe there is some variance on the price/sizing.

I'm sure you could order it over the phone or through one of the stores! Not sure why that size isn't on the website!

Thanks for the info!! I am also from Canada, but I live in Edmonton & it doesn't actually have a Tiffany store. They have a small counter at my local Holt Renfrew, but the diamond selection is very limited. I think 0.91 is too small for me as I currently own the 0.56 ct 7 stone shared setting band. I want a thicker band with bigger diamonds. I think the 1.2 - 1.3 ct is perfect for me!!! Which store did you purchase it from? I am thinking of calling one of the store to see if they are willing to ship it to me....I hope they only charge me 5% tax as I live in Alberta. Thank you so much for sharing the SKU # & the price :smile: I love Tiffany diamond as my ring is very sparkly even it's only 0.56 ct. Please post pictures when you get your lovely ring! :graucho:

YAY I'm getting one!!

Wow, congrats! :woohoo:It's a beautiful ring! Dont't forget to post pics when the ring arrives! ;)

I recently have posted about purchasing a diamond tennis bracelet. Thank goodness I went to the store and tired them on, because I realized, while beautiful, at this point in my life they are not for me. I did however, try on diamond eternity bands stacked together and this is right up my alley!

I'm in the process of losing weight and have a weight loss goal of 25lbs. So I thought it would be motivating if I bought one of my bands at each 10 lb mile stone then the "grand daddy" at the completion of my goal- the grand daddy being the shared prong emerald cut.

I was only able to try on the channel set round and the round/horizontal baguette together, which I loved. I have loved the shared prong emerald forever and think this would tie the bands together nicely. All bands are from the facets collection.

Here are the specs of each ring in order on my finger (top to bottom), total width 9.7mm:

1. channel set round .55ct/g/vvs-vs 2.6mm

2. shared prong emerald cut 3.91 ct/f-g/vvs-vs 4.4mm

3. channel set round/bag 1.01 ct/f-g/vvs-vs 2.7mm

WHAT DO YOU THINK??? I am concerned that the total width may be to wide so I've contacted facts to see if anything can be made narrower, what is a good total width of the stack?(I totally love it, however love other's opinions!)

Attachments

• 11791.jpg
    11791.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 385
  • 10981.jpg
    10981.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 388
  • 15137.jpg
    15137.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 407
I think the stack will look beautiful. However, your ring finger may change sizes as you continue your weight loss journey. So, IMHO, I would not get an eternity band, because you cannot size it. I would get a half circle band.

I think the stack will look beautiful. However, your ring finger may change sizes as you continue your weight loss journey. So, IMHO, I would not get an eternity band, because you cannot size it. I would get a half circle band.

Good point, however no need to worry. My eternity band that was purchased prior to the 25lb weight gain still fits the same, so these should fit also. Unfortunately for me not one once of fat goes anywhere on me except my waist -- no fat hiding out in the fingers just my spare intertube --which makes buying pants/shorts/skirts a real PITA because in order to avoid muffin top I have to buy a size that makes me look like I'm storing food for the winter in my butt and thighs.

Just to clarify I'm not asking which one as I'm planning on all three:smile: Just wondering if you like the three together or if you think the total width will be to much:smile:

I like stack bands, but the width is a bit much, I think. It is personal though, but I know something that wide wouldn't be comfortable for me. Shared prong eternity bands aren't comfortable for me either. I don't have a diamond one, but a gemstone one and it starts to bother me after a few hours. Not sure if that would be an issue for you, but maybe get a gemstone one in silver (inexpensive one) to see if bothers you?

I like stack bands, but the width is a bit much, I think. It is personal though, but I know something that wide wouldn't be comfortable for me. Shared prong eternity bands aren't comfortable for me either. I don't have a diamond one, but a gemstone one and it starts to bother me after a few hours. Not sure if that would be an issue for you, but maybe get a gemstone one in silver (inexpensive one) to see if bothers you?

I have a round diamond shared prong eternity band and it doesn't bother me at all.

You're built just like me. I look 7mos preggers at my biggest and 5 months preggers at my smallest. I have to buy rings to fit my knuckles. So they're always too big.

Been looking and I could swap out the channel set round ring for a shared prong round which would keep the caret weight the same and reduce the width by almost 1 mm.

So here's what the stack would look like...

new band:
shared prong .53 ct/ f-g color/ vvs-vs 1.7mm

total width is 8.8mm

Attachments

• 20754.jpg
    20754.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 382
  • 15137.jpg
    15137.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 367
  • 10981.jpg
    10981.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 358
you might want to measure on your finger with a tape measure how wide it will be once you get all three. personally, i have short fingers so it would go up to my knuckle. just a thought.

I like your first collection of stacks better. Simply elegant, without out trying hard!
**I find that 3 rings is easy to wear...it gets trickier when you want to add a 4th or 5th!