Stacking rings

Still does not work.
Here is a photo of it.

Prong-Set Diamond Garland Eternity Ring
in Platinum (2.5 ct. tw.)

"This stunning eternity ring features round diamonds prong-set in pairs and singles to create a continuous band of brilliance around the finger. The ring profile sits low to the finger, making it easy to wear along side your choice of engagement ring settings.

Price:Starting at $4,450 "

Attachments

• AB27501400_main.jpg
    AB27501400_main.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 663
Based on a 2.1-ct eternity band of 10-pt melees (21x0.10), I am guessing that the melees of this 2.5-ct Garland ring are around 5-pt for smaller melees and 10-pt for larger melees. The diameter of a 5-pt melee is about 2.4mm. Two of the 5-pt melees stacked together will have a width of about 5mm for the ring. The diameter of a 0.5 ct is about 5.2mm. Therefore, I imagine the size of the Garland eternity band be quite substantial. It is like wearing an eternity ring made of 0.5-ct diamonds. Therefore, I think you can wear the Garland ring alone. Anything added to it will be too much and may detract the beauty of this eternity band.

The diamonds in my WB are over 0.4 carats, and I am wearing mine by itself. No additinal bands for me. If I do, I would be very careful about the height and diamond melees of the stacked bands and make sure that the diamonds from both stacked bands are not damaging adjacent diamonds and metal.

How about a scattered diamond band? Unfortunately, the thinnest one is 3 mm. Don't know if it is too wide. I know 2mm band would be ideal.

I think the scattered band is plain enough to complement the busy/flashy/blingy Garland, but still has some diamond melees to make the band less boring.

The scattered diamond band is the bottom ring in the photo.

Attachments

• 1212121.jpg
    1212121.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 758
Those are both good ideas. I was looking at a very thin channel set baguette eternity ring too. Swanky, can you give details or a link on you band? I can't blow it up big enough to see details.