St Louis PM or Artois PM/MM

I bought the Artois MM in August of this year and it’s become my most used bag. I’ve traveled with it, carried heavy items, and almost no wear and tear outside of softening of the handles. I agree with above posters that it’s more structured than the St. Louis but that is really only in the base. Mine has softened and has a nice slouchy tote vibe. I’m considering getting another!

Do you have a picture of how your Artois MM looks like now? I'm thinking of getting Artois MM but afraid it it will look too structured.. :/

Do you have a picture of how your Artois MM looks like now? I'm thinking of getting Artois MM but afraid it it will look too structured.. :/

Hi! @Swanky is definitely right that this is a structured tote overall. The second photo is the slouchiness that has happened over time when I have nothing in the bag - sorry I can't figure out how to rotate the photos. However, it's easily "popped" back into place, as you can see in the third photo. I've found it to be a super durable bag (hardly any corner wear after pretty heavy use), and it molds to my body when I'm wearing it but it's not a bottomless pit like a less structured bag would be. But if you're looking for something without any structure, I'd say to go for a different bag. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• tempImageGkK6If.png
    tempImageGkK6If.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 206
  • tempImageevazAv.png
    tempImageevazAv.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 218
  • tempImageKVMyN9.png
    tempImageKVMyN9.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 205
Hi! @Swanky is definitely right that this is a structured tote overall. The second photo is the slouchiness that has happened over time when I have nothing in the bag - sorry I can't figure out how to rotate the photos. However, it's easily "popped" back into place, as you can see in the third photo. I've found it to be a super durable bag (hardly any corner wear after pretty heavy use), and it molds to my body when I'm wearing it but it's not a bottomless pit like a less structured bag would be. But if you're looking for something without any structure, I'd say to go for a different bag. Hope this helps!

thank you so much for showing the pictures! The bag still look amazing. :biggrin: this helps a lot!

This is so pretty!!!!

Reactions: ItsPurseonal
I've used my SL as a work bag with my laptop, laptop charger, purse, makeup bag inside it for months on end. No wear at all. Like someone said above, experiences are very individual with the quality of the bag :biggrin: I love mine and would happily only use that bag for the rest of my life, lol. I think the Saint Louis is such a classic bag, and a perfect all-rounder.

If you're worried about corner wear, Goyard will patch the corners of the SL with leather for a small extra cost.
Samesies! Have an old SL PM I’ve abused—travel, rough floors, kicked under the seat on the plane, stuffed with iPad Pro, water bottle and onboard essentials—still holds up. At least it did until I slammed the handle in a car door in December! (Don’t judge—I live in the city and never put my bag on the passenger seat or the floor in front of it. I was just in a hurry and mega-stressed!). Had it for 4+ years, so I’m not too wigged out—it should have cracked!

So like @BeverlyP24, I’m debating the Artois MM. I want more space for the everyday and travel days and a more durable build.

Reactions: jaskg144
Love that blue color!!