St Louis PM or Artois PM/MM

BeverlyP24

Jan 11, 2019
I thought I wanted a St Louis PM but I’m being told I can’t use it as an everyday bag? I have two little kids so tend to carry snacks and a few other random things. The SA is telling me to look at the Artois. It seems so structured and not being near a store I’m so confused. I use my Faure Le Page daily battle 37 daily and love it. Any advice?

I have the Anjou PM (same as St Louis but reversible) and Artois MM. The MM is more structured and is designed to be able to carry heavier items, also has a longer drop to fit on your shoulder easier. The St Louis is great, but is not made to carry heavy items, like laptops for example. It’s shoulder drop is a little short for some people, but definitely can be an everyday bag for lighter/regular items.

Artois for sure. I’ve the MM and I use it to carry my entire laptop gaming set, clothes and huge makeup pouch and it’s able to withstand all the weight and still has a shape. It comes with a zip too so small items don’t fall out when the car jerks etc.it’s not very structured it just has a reinforced based. The goyardine softens over time and looks nice but not too floppy.

It seems peoples experiences with the St Louis bags are very individual. Though I am sure it's not advised I have used my St Louis GM as my travel tote for years without any problem. I pack with packing cubes so I don't worry about things getting lost and I like that it doesn't add any weight. Love the attached pouch for boarding passes and passports and it fits perfectly on top of my rolling carryon. I have loaded it up- placed it in the overhead- kicked it under seats and it's gone on the security conveyor belt. Nothing lasts forever and when it tears I will buy another.
I also have the Artois in both sizes and they are great bags as well.

Reactions: BeverlyP24
I checked out the artois years ago and was determined to buy it on a trip to Paris. I ended up buying St. Louis totes instead.The artois is definitely more sturdy but I didn’t buy it for a couple of reasons. The artois comes in two sizes. The pm looked too small (like a purse)and I wanted more of a tote look. The larger mm size looked too big (like a work or travel tote too overwhelming for daily casual use). I’m about 5’4 or 5’5” And 130lbs for reference. I also didn’t like the structured look of the tote as compared to the casual slouchiness of the St. Louis. I really think these bags are way too pricey to risk not being fully satisfied so I would recommend waiting until you have a chance to try them on yourself.

I am so tempted to buy the Anjou right now and have it shipped to me but I am going to wait to make sure I love it as much as the St. Louis model. Good luck!

I bought the Artois MM in August of this year and it’s become my most used bag. I’ve traveled with it, carried heavy items, and almost no wear and tear outside of softening of the handles. I agree with above posters that it’s more structured than the St. Louis but that is really only in the base. Mine has softened and has a nice slouchy tote vibe. I’m considering getting another!

I have the Anjou PM (same as St Louis but reversible) and Artois MM. The MM is more structured and is designed to be able to carry heavier items, also has a longer drop to fit on your shoulder easier. The St Louis is great, but is not made to carry heavy items, like laptops for example. It’s shoulder drop is a little short for some people, but definitely can be an everyday bag for lighter/regular items.
So I still haven’t made up mind. Im seriously getting myself more confused by the day. Do you feel the Anjou will hold up better than the St. Louis? Die the leather help prevent holes? I’m worried the Artois will look to business office like vs mom with crazy little kids which is current life. HA

I've used my SL as a work bag with my laptop, laptop charger, purse, makeup bag inside it for months on end. No wear at all. Like someone said above, experiences are very individual with the quality of the bag :biggrin: I love mine and would happily only use that bag for the rest of my life, lol. I think the Saint Louis is such a classic bag, and a perfect all-rounder.

If you're worried about corner wear, Goyard will patch the corners of the SL with leather for a small extra cost.