St. Louis GM in white - how do yours hold up?

Nov 29, 2008
Im a big Anjou person. I love the leather lined tote. That being said, I really want white but the white leather lined I know will be a disaster for me.

So, I’m debating buying the St. Louis in white specifically to use as a beach bag. I have done lots of research on it in the past and talked myself out of it because of how bad some of the wear is on so many of the white St. Louis totes on the reseller sites. I do take very good care of my bags though, so I now I’m back to thinking I need/want it….

I would love your opinions and possible photos of your white St. Louis bags - everyone on this site is always so insightful!

I wear my white Goyard very often. Although not a SL, it would wear similarly as it’s a crossbody that I also carry as a clutch so lots of rubbing. Mine show no wear or anything.

I’ll pipe in with my experience owning the Artois in white for 3 years. Honestly mine still looks almost as good as when I purchased, save perhaps for minor smudges on the corners but then again I have taken it on flights and placed it on the dirty floor space.

I used to own the white St. Louis in the GM Size but I sold it. It had no signs of wear. I take good care of my bags also. I never place on floors and make sure surfaces are clean before setting my bag down. It was a great bag but I sold it because it was just too large for me.
I bought the white in the PM size and so far I haven’t had any issues with that either.
I think the St. Louis is a great bag to have in white. The canvas seems pretty low maintenance to me compared to other white luxury bags made of leather.

I just bought the white GM because I wasn't able to get the limited editions version this season. I am thinking of it as my summer bag but I am babying it. I have the grey I bought over 5 years ago that is perfectly worn and I've only noticed now how the leather trim is wearing. In seeing this I am more cognizant on how to wear/treat it. Last year I bought the smaller size in black/tan and I don't reach for it as often as I thought I would.
I wear mine walking around urban areas and this is my only white/light colored bag so I am also weary of it getting dirty. It's still breaking in but I hope to use it for many years.
As a beach bag, you can't go wrong with it- it would also instantly elevate whatever you are wearing.

Brief reference point: I bought the white/aqua limited edition bag last week. I also own the Artois in white. When comparing side by side, the limited edition bag is not a true white like the Artois. It’s a different, warmer shade and honestly I prefer it.

Reactions: Merkey and c18027
I have the had the white PM for years. Every time I take it out for the summer I am amazed at how good it still looks. I am not a white bag person but it held up so well that I bought the limited edition white GM a few weeks ago.

ah.... it doesn't turn yellowish after years, glad to know, I am thinking of getting white bag from Goyard as a start