Spring/Summer 2024 Everyday Bags

Daisy777

May 3, 2014
Hi All,

Looking for some recommendations for a Spring/Sumer everyday bag. I work in a senior position in an office/marketing. My day bag is my go to for carrying everything and the kitchen sink :smile:. Currently I wear YSL tote/Goyard St. Louis tote and similar. I prefer something neutral but non black that will be versatile for jeans and a bit more elevated wear. Budget within reason but not more than 5k.

Any of your recommendations are very much appreciated!

Reactions: A bottle of Red
Not sure how big you want but have you seen the Bottega Veneta large Hop? It's huge but great and comes in several light to neutral colors.

Otherwise if you want more similar style to those you mentioned, what about Louis Vuitton on the go or even a neverfull, which you can get in something other than the monogram like empreinte leather.

I think work bags for women are probably the hardest category.

Recommending through experience not fashion. These bags are classic and have proved themselves hardy and work-appropriate.

Pre-loved Hermes (reversible) Double Sens 45, handles go over the shoulder and you'll have two looks with one bag.
New (or preloved) H Garden Party 36 in a non-black neutral. Handles don't go over the shoulder, but they are really strong.
Pre-loved Large BV Roma. Handles don't go over the shoulder, but they are well organised, many compartments and strong

Not from experience but caught my attention if for work:
Loro Piana Bale looks strong and versatile and very work appropriate.
Ferragamo Med Hug
Serapian Secret or Meliné

More generally: Lots of choice of colour at Gucci, Mulberry too, just go logo-free. I would go for something as classic as possible like a Jackie or a Bayswater (the bayswater tote comes in lots of colours).

• Insightful
Reactions: Woodsend
I think work bags for women are probably the hardest category.

Recommending through experience not fashion. These bags are classic and have proved themselves hardy and work-appropriate.

Pre-loved Hermes (reversible) Double Sens 45, handles go over the shoulder and you'll have two looks with one bag.
New (or preloved) H Garden Party 36 in a non-black neutral. Handles don't go over the shoulder, but they are really strong.
Pre-loved Large BV Roma. Handles don't go over the shoulder, but they are well organised, many compartments and strong

Not from experience but caught my attention if for work:
Loro Piana Bale looks strong and versatile and very work appropriate.
Ferragamo Med Hug
Serapian Secret or Meliné

More generally: Lots of choice of colour at Gucci, Mulberry too, just go logo-free. I would go for something as classic as possible like a Jackie or a Bayswater (the bayswater tote comes in lots of colours).
Thank you! Great idea with a pre-loved option. I will look intothe Loro Piana and H Garden Party - is this even easy to come-by at Hermes?

Not sure how big you want but have you seen the Bottega Veneta large Hop? It's huge but great and comes in several light to neutral colors.

Otherwise if you want more similar style to those you mentioned, what about Louis Vuitton on the go or even a neverfull, which you can get in something other than the monogram like empreinte leather.
Yes, BC Large Hop! Totally forgot about this bag. Thanks!